Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a healer i pass on all items that doesn't have spirit, though i have seen mages and locks roll on spirit gear and won it over a healer, i play a holy priest with 2.4k spirit and 3k mp5 and i still need more spirit items , any mastery i reforge to haste so whoever said haste is bad for a healer is so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Xionor View Post
    Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.
    haste is the best secondary stat behind spirit for resto druids. getting an extra rejuv/regrowth tick is king as well as faster nourish casts it's just unfortunate that it does not increase the tick rate of lifebloom but that would be a little too good.

Just because an item does not have Spirit on it does not mean healers are "stealing" it from DPS. That's like a healer saying that if you ever roll on an item without hit, you are stealing their healing gear.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Coming out of greens and doing heroics people grab anything they can get, for most healers accept druids I think haste kinda of sucks, but haste comes with gear,that is not gemmed anymore. As a resto shaman i have a mix of DPS and Healer gear, I can heal heroics and raids just fine, I in turn can use that same gear since spirit = HIT and do about 11k DPS in heroics single target. I do believe besides from tier gear there will be pieces of loot without spirit on them that healers will need to pick up, haste is still on the back burner though, the quicker a powerful heal comes out the better right? So picking up something and messing around with it to see if it works is not a bad thing, ESPECIALLY since they are all blues.
    Hope this helps not everyone is a gear whore, but Blizz does want healers to be able to DPS when the time is needed with out major gear changes.

Are you mentally retarded?

Deleted
    Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.
    Er...wow...

Haste actually allows you to be more mana efficient. It allows me to spam Holy Light which is so cheap to cast I lose virtually no mana due to regen. Without haste the HPS would be too low and I would have to use Divine Light more often which will run me OOM within about 10 casts

You know that nice spirit staff from ptah (normal dungeon btw)? 9/9 times I have seen it, a Mage has taken it saying "I can reforge it later"... This is over the healer that can use t right away.

Tank
    Healer
    Dps

Everyone is taking gear from everyone, not because of class but because the person playin the class is an ass.
    My name is Earthsong, and I like to collect pets,
    http://warcraftpets.com/account/prof...user=earthsong

I also like to explore

In my opinion, items with no hit or spirit is everyones game.

Deleted
    A week or so ago http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/671...isenchantItems dropped in an instance.
    Since its BoE i didnt really dare to roll for it.
    In the group there was me, a guildie and 3 players that were all 3 in the same guild.
    The healer rolled need as its a good cloak.
    But I was interested in it as well, so I rolled need for it too, and I won it.
    I have been flamed and cursed by those 3 players and my mother was all sorts of things,...
    This cape is good for both caster dps and healers.
    I equipped it and still wear it.
    They called me a ninja.
    Hey they agreed their guildie (the healer) could roll for it because its an upgrade for him.
    But as soon as I rolled....

I have also seen a lot of casters needing on blue spirit gear to replace their greens from leveling.
    Its annoying but nothing that can be done about it

I'm curious what class you play.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with this. Only mages & warlocks rolling on gear with spirit is definitely wrong, everything else is fine.

Strictly speaking you'd say gear without spirit is caster gear but there are weapons in the current raid content without spirit that would be a definite upgrade for me (resto shaman). The trouble is that the 'healing' raid drops have spirit and mastery on them and mastery at the moment sucks - I'd much rather have crit or haste.

lol'd

You're misinformed, but either way, you could cut down on the exaggerating. "Not useful in any way for any class," is digging yourself into a pretty deep commitment. Crit is actually one of the worst stats at the moment, I think only DKs really use it (at least that's what I heard). Most classes want haste, usually secondary to their 'main' stat, i.e. strength, agility, or intellect.

Anyway...

Healers can roll on whatever they need. Maybe he had a bad item, or maybe he just rolled because he's stupid. He might not be stupid and had really good gear and no mana problems in heroics, so he was going after some sidegrades. Either way, reforging.

I think the days of trying to claim loot is for "your class" are over, and Blizzard saw to that. Besides, everything is a hunter weapon.

Edit: Now I'm wondering, did they take intellect out of the mana regeneration equation or something? Or do people just forget that part because they're so focused on zmg spi regens mana gusy!

edit take two: Just checked and apparently intellect is still factored into the mana regeneration equation. Apparently the equation looks like this:

100 spirit = 0.0025 + 0.00836(Sqrt[Int]) as Mp5

or w.e.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2011-01-01 at 04:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Percolator View Post
    In my opinion, items with no hit or spirit is everyones game.
    if its a cape/ring/neck with no hit rating, I roll on it too cause I also believe this. Plus I am a pally, crit makes my healing 10x better and since LoD and Hs are now nerfed it helps to have them crit as much as possible.

There's this cool thing called reforging, I heard you can use it to put spirit on items.

Diesel 1/7H

10+ Year Old Account
    If it has no Hit then its a fair game. Having other secondary stats (besides Spirit) are nice. The only time this complaint would be valid is if the rings had hit and the healer rolled for it. other than that its not a Caster DPS ring only its a Caster ring only which includes heals. besides Druids, Priests, and Shammies have to share the Spirit Gear with thier DSP counterpart so this is just another item both classes can share

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sick and tired of Resto Druids rolling on my Rogue armor :/

Cause being able to cast a spell in a shorter timespawn totally isn't usefull right? *facepalm* Just cause we aren't spamming heals anymore doesn't mean haste isn't good...
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    There is nothing wrong with healers rolling non spirit items. As long as they benefit from all the stats present they have all the right. It all depends on what stats are most usefull for healers and spirit is not only good stat for healers.

Tbh, I kinda get sick of all those silly topics on forums where people try to make up some "rules" why someone should not roll on a particular item. Why on earth make all those stupid rules if there is one simple rule - as long as the item has stats that are usefull for your class (this means any of your specs) you can roll on the item.
    The same could be said for tanks. Technically tanks benefit from all stats on dps gear, just reforge one of the stats to mastery/dodge/parry. So since you approve of healers taking my dps gear, I'll be taking dps gear as a tank, and while we're at it I'm needing on healing gear on my lock, just to vendor it and get justice on those healers stealing gear made for dps.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    The same could be said for tanks. Technically tanks benefit from all stats on dps gear, just reforge one of the stats to mastery/dodge/parry. So since you approve of healers taking my dps gear, I'll be taking dps gear as a tank, and while we're at it I'm needing on healing gear on my lock, just to vendor it and get justice on those healers stealing gear made for dps.
    Following your logic, you are ninjaing their healing gear if you need on an item without hit.

Now, repeat after me:

Just because an item does not have spirit on it does not mean it is a DPS item.
    Just because an item does not have hit on it does not mean it is a healer item.

And you don't have any more right than the healer to roll on it. Being selfish to try and "get back" at people for rolling on gear they have just as much right to as you is pretty sad.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-01 at 09:19 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakic View Post
    Because this OP is upset that you stole his spirit gear!

mmo-champion.c om/threads/822651-dps-rolling-need-on-spirit-item-over-healers.?p=9950410#post9950410
    I've never rolled on spirit gear unless it was a huge upgrade (which Solar Wind Cloak was at one point) and everyone else rolled Greed or Disenchant. Then I toldz them, "I'MMA ROLL NEED! PLZ!"

P.s. had to edit quote as my new account permits no links in my posts >(