Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Healers that won't heal on pets (Demo and BM)

As a Demo lock my pet provides huge buffs to the party. He/She does at least 25% of my dps. AOE's better than most classes, provides additional CC at a pinch, provides a 10% spellpower buff, and provides me at least 25% damage reduction. He takes 90% less damage from AOE's, and although I have not done the math, I suspect with the passive heals I provide him through Fel Synergy and the Mana regen he provides me with Mana Feed resulting in less life taps, actually results in less healing required of the healer.

Yet despite all these very good reasons to keep my pet alive, I continually run into healers that say "lolz I don't heal pets". To my way of thinking this is pure ignorance of class mechanics. It doesn't take much logic to understand the benefits of keeping my pet alive far outweigh the negatives. Yes I can resummon him quickly when he dies in a fight... once. Outside of that I can only do it with a Soulburn, which is almost always on cooldown because I use it correctly.

I don't play a hunter so cannot speak with any authority with regard to BM pets, but I suspect a similar situation applies to them as the BM and Demo trees share a similar design.

I understand that in times gone by there were problems with pets being very squishy, and waste of time to try and keep up but my pets all have very nearly 100k health and decent defensive stats. I am also not suggesting my pet should be healed as a priority over another player, but the fact of the matter is with the damage reduction/passive heals and the dps increase resulting in a shorter fight it is an absurd argument for any healer to make that keeping a pet alive is a waste of mana. It is a saving.

So I guess the question I am asking is, are the healers I am meeting ignorant, churlish, or is my reasoning ability being overidden by my bias toward my class? Thoughts please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Health Funnel get buffed? (less casting time)
    And if a hunter can't be arsed clicking an instant heal-their-pet-spell because they will 'lose' 100 dps, then both the hunter and the pet deserves to die.

Also, many healers do not have Pet bars showing..

15+ Year Old Account
    When people start eating food outside of combat instead of just standing there expecting heals (while i'm sitting there drinking, too) i'll start healing pets.

Yeah. My grid doesn't show pets.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Its not their job, you got Health Funnel.

Deleted
    to be fair since a lot of heals these days also have an AoE effect with them pets and stuff will get healed as well. But yeah if you want to keep them alive just keep Mend Pet/Health Funnel active for when its needed. You didn't get that skill to fill up you spellbook for no reason. Also this is coming from an Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that I don't heal pets but pets are on the lowest priority for me.
    Look at it like this.
    Stabilizing
    1. Tank
    2. Healer (Me)
    3 Competent DPS
    4. Incompetent DPS
    Topping off
    5. Tank
    6. Healer (me)
    7. Competent DPS

8. Pets

So pets are only healed if no-one else can use a heal. Pets generally don't need heals, and if I recall correctly, every class that relies on a pet has ways of keeping it alive.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Health funnel ticks 4 times for about 5k (this is at ilvl 346 with full enchants), with current health pools on the pets, and incoming damage sometimes much higher than this it takes 5-6 health funnels to get a pet back up to full health. Simply put healers are able to bring them up much faster than the lock can. I do use health funnels where appropriate, but its not always the right tool for the job.

The only reason healers don't have pet bars showing is because they turned them off... which goes back to my ignorance comment. That however is not what erks me, it is the flat out refusal to heal them that really winds me up. The times when I need a healer to heal my pet are relatively few and far between, but its irritating that its not there when I need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    With the mend pet glyph my mend pet heals him for 6-8k a tick.. pretty easy to keep him alive, as for warlocks I don't play one so I have no idea, but healers don't have to heal them we have healing abilities for our pets for a reason it's our job.

Yeah, they tend to get topped up enough by AoE heals not to need direct healing considering they have a 90% AoE damage reduction anyway.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    in my case if u ask for me to heal your pet i will . I mean our job is to heal in general and since we are talking about pet the healing will be minimum meaning i wont waste a lot of mana. I dont see why most ppl are reacting in this way when it comes to healing pets i mean... u are aware that that thing is working against u at the end right ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    When people start eating food outside of combat instead of just standing there expecting heals (while i'm sitting there drinking, too) i'll start healing pets.
    This. And when warlocks stop lifetapping to 10% after every fight and not bother to do anything to regain their health. I mean, what's the gain in lifetapping and then waiting till the healer's done drinking, then to wait for him to heal you up and then having to wait for him to drink again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aemetha View Post
    Health funnel ticks 4 times for about 5k (this is at ilvl 346 with full enchants), with current health pools on the pets, and incoming damage sometimes much higher than this it takes 5-6 health funnels to get a pet back up to full health. Simply put healers are able to bring them up much faster than the lock can. I do use health funnels where appropriate, but its not always the right tool for the job.

The only reason healers don't have pet bars showing is because they turned them off... which goes back to my ignorance comment. That however is not what erks me, it is the flat out refusal to heal them that really winds me up. The times when I need a healer to heal my pet are relatively few and far between, but its irritating that its not there when I need it.
    Yeah, if your pet is taking that much damage considering it's 90% AoE damage reduction, it is your fault, not the healers, and taking time to heal your pet in combat is taking time they could be using to heal someone who actually needs it. They can bring it up faster than 5k healing per second...if they spam their mana expensive fast heal. 5k healing per second is around what you would get if they were spamming their efficent heal on it anyway, so you can do it yourself if keeping your pet alive is that important to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemetha View Post
    As a Demo lock
    I find it weird that you have problems as Demonology - you have the talent Fel Synergy and all..

Heal them yourself, if there gonna die put them on passive, its not the healer's responsibility.

My grid not showing pets... that would destroy my preety UI!

But yeah.. maybe one day i will fix it so i see them.. but still i will hardly ever heal them propably, gogo mend pet and health funnel

i have never healed a pet in my life and i never will, it is entirely up to the class to keep its pet alive and if you let it die then it is entirely your fault
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

Deleted
    Isn't there a talent so you heal the pet yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    This. And when warlocks stop lifetapping to 10% after every fight and not bother to do anything to regain their health. I mean, what's the gain in lifetapping and then waiting till the healer's done drinking, then to wait for him to heal you up and then having to wait for him to drink again?
    Any lock that life taps after combat without Soul Harvesting right afterwards deserves a kick from the group. Firstly you need to Soul Harvest if you have Soul Burned, which you should always have done to proc ISF, and secondly, its common courtesy to top yourself off and not waste the healers mana if you have the ability to do so. Soul Harvest restores 15% of maximum health every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. There is no longer any reason for a healer to have to heal a locks life taps outside combat.

U play a class with pets, deal with em. I have a hunter myself, and I never expect healers to keep my pets alive, I can easy take care of that myself. Used to play lock, never rly had an issue keeping pets alive back then either.

Confidence is not arrogance