Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between using recount and posting recount numbers:

1- Everyone should use recount. It gives you an idea about what you are doing wrong, how you can improve and be a better player

2- Posting it makes you an annoying person.

You have to agree tho, that people have different perspective on this matter. As a player who has played all 3 roles I can tell you:

Healers like ppl who don't give them hard time but don't really care about their DPS. Tanks like high DPS who know how to CC and not steal aggro and don't really care about how much hard time they are giving the healer. DPS only cares about numbers in general.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-01-02 at 05:49 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are watching any meter other than a threat meter during combat then you suck.
    DPS during combat means nothing, since it means you are watching something other than your environment.
    I do not give a damn how good at multitasking you are, since you are drawing attention away from what matters and therefore you are not doing your job to the best of your ability and jeopordising the effort of those that are.

Utter rubbish.
    Meters should be an analysis tool, not in your case one to parade and inflate your ego.
    You are the one failing to understand what a damage meter should really be about.
    Damage meters do not increase your dps, only showing you what you pull off in a selected time by blowing cooldowns.
    Playing your class to the best of your ability, and that involves sacrificing dps for utility for the good of the group is what should matter.
    Not some pointless measure which due to rng can vary per fight, even yo-yoing up and down during a fight.

Who says i check it during a fight? how bout i look and see how bad the people are sucking after the boss is dead and point out that i end up doing 99% of the interrupts while the baddies are not even outdpsing the tank after the fact. (recount shows that too) and point out how much dmg they took from damage like fire on the ground/voidzones again another feature of that damage meter. also show reason maybe not killing the boss is because the dps that should be pulling minimum 6-7k dps is only pulling like 3k after we wipe for the 3rd time because the guy is cheating the ilevel restriction with boe's in his bags.

then again baddies don't want tools that exposed them to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs to make up their minds. I get kicked for DPSing too much. I get kicked for CC'ing and not DPSing. I get kicked for keeping meters to see if my DPS is good / damage taken is low / CC is high / threat is high to find out where I can improve, what I'm doing wrong, what stat I need more of. I get kicked for not using meters and, therefore, have no idea where I need to improve . . .

Seriously, PuG que's are 45 minutes, raids are too few and GOOD guilds wait too long to go through applications, so someone needs to make a decision!