one last thought thinking back at wotlk and arthas.

the what class would you want to play in a zombie apocalypse irl would you be got me thinking about this.

a dk can never really die.. he's undead. at the same time he's a spirit in a body translpanted into. (see earlier dk lore)

Nerzul was trapped in the armor .. bound to it. arthas put the armor on merging with nerzul. hence now arthas should be trapped in the armor *his spirit/soul*

bolevar put the armor on. bolevar is now merged with arthas/nerzul. now bolevar is trapped in the armor .. even tho arthas' body is destroyed he lives on trapped in the armor (one could argue that he was trapped in the sword but how could he merge with nerzul if that was truly the case?

how can nerzul really be dead if the armor isn't destroyed? if so .. will bolevar slowly give in to the madness or his will be broken over time by nerzul in his armor if he is hiding in it instead of being dead? With shadwmounre destroyed is arthas then merged with nerzul and trapped in the armor also? if so will he be truly merged with nerzul? will he help bolevar keep his sanity on the frozen throne if he's not merged with nerzul?

heh i just got the mental image of LK's crown on the floor and the 3's company song playing in the background.

ok ramble mode off. /discuss

edit:

WoW patch 5.03 World of Warcraft Scourge Strikes Back. bolevar's mind tiwsted so far he's merged with nerzul/arthas and now the scourge renew their assault on the living but this time with a goal in mind. To take the sunwell .. summon kil'jaden and slay him (with a side trip to undercity to put a sylvanas back in her place. While alliance would normally be glad to see those 2 taken out it poses a huge threat on their allies in Gilneas so they must come to the battle. The argent dawn calls it's heroes once moreto stop the meance (if arthas loses the battle kil'jaeden will pose a great threat).

Kiljaeden lost sight of nerzul/arthas when he was slayed by the adventuers and was allready preparing an attack on azeroth/kalimdor by sending demon legions to try again corrupt orks (tempting sarufang's son with the power he so desperatly wants to crush the alliance with with spies planted in ogrimmar)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-01-02 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand it Arthas destroyed Ner'zul's spirit. He pretty much spent five years on the frozen throne having an argument with Ner'zul and his young, innocent self. That's all according to the book 'Arthas' by Christie Golden. I'm assuming that after Arthas was killed that the amour simply became a means of controlling the scourge and Bolvar took it to keep them from running rampant.

That's all I really know on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Quotidian View Post
    As far as I understand it Arthas destroyed Ner'zul's spirit. He pretty much spent five years on the frozen throne having an argument with Ner'zul and his young, innocent self. That's all according to the book 'Arthas' by Christie Golden. I'm assuming that after Arthas was killed that the amour simply became a means of controlling the scourge and Bolvar took it to keep them from running rampant.

That's all I really know on the subject.
    never read the book .. last i was informed could have been changed by the book that they merged arthas/nerzul into a new arthas. i'm just figuring if they merged .. and nerzul was bound to the armor that arthas SHOULD of become bound to the armor as well.

but woudn't arthas by "killing nerzul" be absorbing his soul also? merging with him. /shrug

Arthas' mentally defeated Nerzhul, being a paladin, and Nerz is dormant in the amor, Arthas being the physical vessel of the "Lich King" now Bolvar, like 20x the pally arthas was should have no problem holding Nerz in check.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Arthas' mentally defeated Nerzhul, being a paladin, and Nerz is dormant in the amor, Arthas being the physical vessel of the "Lich King" now Bolvar, like 20x the pally arthas was should have no problem holding Nerz in check.
    no stone can wistand the trickle of water .. just takes longer to wear down. but in the end will be broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    no stone can wistand the trickle of water .. just takes longer to wear down. but in the end will be broken.
    Yes, but Bolvar's fortitude far exceeds the strength of stone, he survived being breathed on by red dragons, AND retained his own will after being tortured for potentially months by the very being he has now become.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that Bolvar is about as stoic as adamantium ^_^
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

man it sounds like patch 5.03 will sum up all of wow lore. in all fairness, i did laf. 3/10

Even if Ner'zhul and even Arthas are still present as spirits in the armor, they still do not prove any actual danger to Bolvar. The true corruption is destroyed, which was the Nathrezim in Frostmourne. That spirit pretty much forced Ner'zhul and Arthas to destroy their own people, even if the two were fairly evil, neither seemed the type to actually go for genocide of their own.

My belief is that at most Bolvar now likely possesses the memories of both those entities.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.