Thread: Regarding dots

Regarding dots

I play a few classes that involve dots. I play a priest, moonkin, lock, etc. Now I was just wondering during status changes like heroism, haste changes, or orb aquirement (spriest), would I have to reapply those dots or have those days changed. I'm only asking because I have seen both yes and no's around here. An answer would be great.

I know that is how it used to be, just wondering if that is still around. Any help would be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haste applies ONLY at the DoT cast. That I am 100% sure - there was some tests done on EJ to prove that.

As for other stats, I can;t say for sure.

Ok. So say I acquire a 1710 haste proc from a trinket. It lasts 10 seconds. If I reapplied my dots. I would keep that haste throughout the duration until it is applied again, even after the proc drops off?

Even then, would the dps increase from the haste be significant enough to waste two or three global cooldowns in a 10 second time limit. Just trying to do some number crunching to see if this would be any good. Target dummies do not not measure up to an actual fight, so I am pretty loose on my observations on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you reapply the DoT just before the buff ends, you will have the the DoTs ticking with the buffed hast thru whole duration.

As for if it's worth the GCD - I gues it depends on the buff, class, etc...

ppl should stop posting of things they dont know about.

Haste since 403 is calculated for each tick.

At 401 there was a oversigh by blizzard that let a class that was able to roll a dot, like a aff warlock to do massive damage with corr by recasting it when both hero+erradication were up and keep that on corr the whole fight.