which race is better for shadowpriest in pve

goblin or troll?
    Blood Elf is good?

All in all I think Goblins are the best for DPS and, well, everything for a shadow priest. Its hard to compare a flat 1% haste & a 2minCD blink to a 10sec 20% haste on a 3min CD and....what, 15% reduced duration of movement impairing effects?

Not to mention the awesomeness that is bank access on a 30min CD.

goblin no doubt 1% haste is pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    First off for pve a Blood Elf is no good for any sort of damage dealing class. They are decent for healing because its a free mana pot.

Goblins have become an OP racial class and are the best race for any damage dealing class they have available. In addition to the blink they get a rocket launcher (shares the same CD) for a mana/rage/runic power/focus/energy free spell plus static haste. Trolls are still good because their berserking stacks with lust and is great for a burn/execute phase. Personally my priest has been and always will be an UD because of WoF. I hate being on any toon that doesn't have it in pvp and it comes in handy in pve too when things fear you.

I agree with the above. Arcane Torrent was the only thing keeping me from turning my Discipline Priest into a shmexeh Troll ladeh or a Forsaken pre-Cataclysm and it was the one thing I was certain I'd miss when I decided to go Goblin (and full Shadow, coincidentally). I don't miss it at all. Not only are Goblin girls way cuter than blood elves (imo), but the racials more than make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    All in all I think Goblins are the best for DPS and, well, everything for a shadow priest. Its hard to compare a flat 1% haste & a 2minCD blink to a 10sec 20% haste on a 3min CD and....what, 15% reduced duration of movement impairing effects?

Not to mention the awesomeness that is bank access on a 30min CD.
    blink gets you out of snares...rocket boots dont

10+ Year Old Account
    pressing the troll racial every time it's up wil give you a 1.11111% haste increase which makes it better then the goblin racial,

BUT! if you have to move just after pressing berserk you'l lose alot of haste where goblins can move out of bad stuff with rocket boots,
    on a standstill dps fight trolls are debatable, however if the fight is movement instense(like every single cataclysm raid/dungeon boss) theb goblis would be better(not to mention how badass goblins look).

10+ Year Old Account
    A point of clarification - Goblins and Trolls do not receive a haste bonus. It is an increase to casting/attack speed, which is mathematically different.

The difference between the racials is really that Trolls receive a higher boost on a cooldown, allowing them to pop it when needed, while Goblins receive a lower static boost that never goes away. Overall, the numbers are fairly close but most find that Goblins are superior due to the RNG nature of fights. A 1% static increase is likely better than a cooldown.

As far as blood elves... they're cosmetically appealing, but don't do anything for PvE DPS. A blood elf is not a bad choice if you're a healer, however.

I wished ppl read guidelines before posting :s

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

* Which race should I roll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to be honest; so few people will achieve the performance level where the racials would make a difference over their play style that it really doesn't matter. Just roll what you want to play.

Except Tauren. They look horrible as Shadowpriests.

goblin goblin goblin goblin
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren are amazing. Thank you very much!
    Go for which ever race is better looking imo. I'd rather like to look at my character then pick an ugly one for a slight dps increase.