Hunter Vs. Warlock???

Okay so, when I duel a warlock that knows at least a little about his class and isn't destro spec there seems to be nothing I can do? He is able to kill me from a range with out using any cc in just by dotting and drain life. I say knowing something about the class because I know I should try to deterrence when he is putting dots on etc... But its just super noticeable when swords come flying around me and then they don't cast. Is anyone else having this problem with warlocks or just me?

Warlocks are hard for hunters, they've always been and in arena if he is half way decent you pretty much have no chance. However dueling I find myself having a lot of success lately against them as MM. I just silence drain life and det/fd fears while I pump dmg into him. Rapid fire does wonders especially when you pop it twice with readiness. Monkey stun is godly. It pretty much becomes a shootout but by interrupting his stuff I usually come out on top. =)
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2011-01-02 at 05:36 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Yeah I could see MM destroying any spell casting class. But I am survival for pvp due to all of the control it seems to have with melee. I have a huge problem kiting around rouges/warriors/dks in mm spec. As for survival I do decent against every class except Warlocks (non destro) and kitty druids. Maybe I am doing something wrong in survival if so let me know what you do to counter those two opponents.

I don't know if there is anything you can really do as survival. With just one deterrence and one MC I don't think its possible unless you can keep that 35-40yd range constantly and even that wont work now against locks since they have the same range as we do. At least it would keep you out of fear range. IMO survival is just an inferior PvP spec and even though its better against melee MM has the capacity to control or overcome both melee and ranged. MM dmg ain't THAT bad and buffs are inc.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Yeah I can pop rapid fire get a lnl proc in survival and it just seems they can out heal faster then my dmg with all the shit they have on me and drain life. I am going to try out MM for pvp a bit to see how it goes maybe I just need to practice timing more with it.

Whenever I'm heads-up with a Warlock i expect to lose.

Maybe with a pet that interrupts spellcasting and/or silences you have a chance (and you time it yourself with a macro), I didn't try that. I normally try to use Shatter Shot as an interrupt and try to disengage out of his range (and run away if I don't have support).