Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Can't actually believe it, but NDG is not quite right here. With 20x (given that he needs exactly 12 mins), he will be caught cum-handed the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    (Fun Fact about Fireflies)
    As an educational note, they eat the males of different firefly species, not their own.

Linked for language

Linked for longishness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Can't actually believe it, but NDG is not quite right here. With 20x (given that he needs exactly 12 mins), he will be caught cum-handed the last time.
    That's what I thought too, 19 is the maximum unless there is a slight time variance between some people.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    That's what I thought too, 19 is the maximum unless there is a slight time variance between some people.
    its 5 every hour and 4 hours thats 20 no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    its 5 every hour and 4 hours thats 20 no?
    But if the guard come every 4 hours on the dot then he will enter at the exact time the 20th is finishing thus is can only be 19 as the 20th will be caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if the guard come every 4 hours on the dot then he will enter at the exact time the 20th is finishing thus is can only be 19 as the 20th will be caught.
    doesnt say he comes in the instant the 4th hour has passed so they have time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    doesnt say he comes in the instant the 4th hour has passed so they have time
    Occam's Razor. You are making an assumption that he won't arrive immediately on the 4th hour, even though it states in the question every 4 hours, you can't move goalposts to make it fit. If he beats 12 people off in 11 mins it means an extra one can be fit in, but that isn't the question.

Sweet mother of god nobody fucking cares

Deleted
    Occam's Razor. You are making an assumption that he won't arrive immediately on the 4th hour, even though it states in the question every 4 hours, you can't move goalposts to make it fit. If he beats 12 people off in 11 mins it means an extra one can be fit in, but that isn't the question.
    Or, if you think logically about it (are we really applying logic to restroom handjobs?), Glenn probably doesn't have the men lined up with their trousers down ready to get jerked (and if he did, it doesn't matter when the ranger enters, he'll be caught either way). The question is oddly worded though, since this wording is more like "Glenn is trying to set the record for most strangers gotten off in a park restroom between inspections". The intended message is more likely "Glenn gets a stranger off in the restroom every 12 minutes. how many strangers can he get off between 2 inspections spaced 4 hours apart?" again, this is also making assumptions, but it's more like a liberal interpretation of the question.

More discussion
    *quits thread*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Sweet mother of god nobody fucking cares

I remember this. Wasn't there personally, but it was glorious.

for those in the dark: February 2nd 2012, a hotfix went wrong which made the seal of truth proc activate hundreds of times per attack. it was hotfixed within 2 hours, but paladins for a moment felt even more like gods than they already were (I'm a paladin myself btw).

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    *more discussion*
    While I appreciate the clarification (I was aware of what it meant), but please, enough discussion. If you must discuss, at least post a picture at the end. ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While I appreciate the clarification (I was aware of what it meant), but please, enough discussion. If you must discuss, at least post a picture at the end. ...
    Discussing a pic doesn't seem too bad, but the drawn out arguments over who is right and who is wrong is when it gets annoying as hell for me too. Besides, it's math! DAMN MATH!

Though if people are breaking the internet, we need to get the cats in to fix it.

Last edited by Theodon; 2013-08-22 at 11:55 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

You're exceeding the parameters of the word problem. The question asks how many could he do in between inspections and not how many he can do without being caught. Whether or not he is caught is not a factor in the math since the question only asks how many 12-minute "activities" could be completed in allotted 4 hours.

Never thought I'd see such a long discussion about a George Michael situation word problem.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    If you must discuss, at least post a picture at the end. ...
    Completely agree, here's something else to mess with your head.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Completely agree, here's something else to mess with your head.
    http://i.imgur.com/2d6qM.gif
    Block the edges from your vision so you can only see the middle. It just slowed down.

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    god damn, awesome web comic to follow up >.>

/\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.