Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was the time..hate those who made their gear by exploting this bug.

The whole "incentive" thing doesn't work. It grossly favors the lower-pop faction and it needs a change that addresses that. I'm not a game designer, so I have nothing to suggest in terms of specific changes, but the problem is blatantly obvious.

It was still nice while it lasted, though.

Not even going to bother going back anymore. I got most of the gear I needed from the honor. Now that the honor for taking back TB is so little, we are just going to hold the flags again. Next hotfix is most likely to just put a gate at the front of the bridge so you can't even stand on it. It is pretty sad all the can do right now is hotfix it. It is like fixing TB is so far down on their list of things needed to be done. When it is pretty high on the players most wanted fix list.

I am just glad I done with needing honor. Since there is nothing to spend it on.

Was fun while it lasted, They should fix the mechanics aswell though otherwise one faction will be in possession 90% of the time again :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    Idk how 40v40 or 5,000v5,000 matters in any way when if only 10 Horde queue, only 10 Alliance get in, and vice-versa.

The mandatory side-equality needs to die.

Bring buffs to uneven sides back. Make the battle challenging. Give real honor rewards, amounts that actually make a person want to fight for their side, but not amounts that are so drastically different that it encourages swapping. It is a world PvP zone, per realm, per set amount of time, per day with a raid and dailys. It is not an instanced BG where winning or losing means nothing more than a requeue.

Almost everyone on the realm has a stake in these battles. It provides so much more than honor, and should be treated as world PvP, not an instanced skirmish.

At least, imo.
    No, for the love of whatever you find divine - NO!

Wintergrasp was the most biased junk that has been around.
    Buffing health and damage for players only made the attacking side never even down a wall if they were heavily outnumbered because the siege vehicles barely managed to get out of the workshop.
    Yes, it was fun to hero-mode 1vs20, but once some halfsmart person figured it would be a good idea to CC you - you were dead.
    I'm not talking 80 vs 40, i'm talking 80 vs 5 or 80 vs 10 at best.
    At least in TB you have a even standing when it comes sheer numbers. Once/If they fix turtling it's a half decent pvp zone. Heck, it's already better than WG imo simply because of the numbers fix.

While it sucks that a lot of people can't join because the opposing faction don't have enough numbers it is still the better solution.
    If your servers player numbers is leaning heavily towards your faction this might even be a way to balance out the unevenness(a long shot, but anything helps).

Deleted
    just further proof that all people care about in this game is gear, I joined my first tb battle ironically yesterday before this fix was applied, when I found out my `team` was delibralty trying to lose for the extra honour I quit, these people are pathetic, yes you get more honour points but wheres the fucking enjoyment in it? its ironic the term honour is being banded about so much because there is NO honour in what people were doing in tb, does noone just want to join tol barad to kick the other sides ass anymore? or do you only care about pvp when you can get gear from it? the spirit of competition that once existed between the factions in this game has been replaced by gear hungry selfish individuals who would rather throw a battle for extra honor then emerge the victors.

personally I think those who exploited the honour system to gain there gear in this way should have that honour stripped away along with the gear......there is no honour in delibratly losing a battle to exploit an oversight in the currency system and those who sold there souls to the other faction to do so should not be rewarded for it.

With all these Hotfixes, you'd expect blizzard to fix up the endless amount of mangle sound effects applied to abilities, while in the MPQ files most of them have their own sound effect.

sigh......christ

Deleted
    And fix the shield bug alrdy!

GJ blizzard. Now fix the "bug" where 99% of the server never sees the inside of a TB battle despite being queued up for it. Tenacity was at least a better solution, as it allowed people to actually experience the content.

Deleted
    Thought I'd just echo a few of the good points being raised here incase anyone at Blizzard is watching o.o

"What the attacking side lacks is not incentive" - Too true it can be very hard to organise a single raid to do what's needed, multiple raids via zone chat is nigh impossible. Attack right now is too tough but it's close to balanced. A small tweak to the attackers capture rates or a change in spawn points would be all that's required to even it out on my server (Sylvanas-EU-Alliance)

I like the idea that holding 2/3 bases as time expires = win and 3 bases = instant win. The turtling inside one base tactic is frustrating at best, yes it makes players fight players but AOEing the bottlenecks isn't exactly what pvp was mean to be. 2/3 to win conditions would force alot more movement from the defense and would create a much more interesting dynamic due to the 3 bases in play.

*OT*
    Finally I think you should drop the amount of honor required to get gear with. PvP should be more about skill and less about gear. I'd like to see the pvp armor being hammered down in cost but prevent it being used in a PvE environment either by a stacking debuff inside instances something along the lines of -5% damage per item worn (perhaps excluding 2200 weapons) or by dropping it's ilvl completely so it counts as a 0 in the LFG system.

So that's my 2c, haven't had my coffee yet so I can only hope it's coherant

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I appreciate the quick action Blizzard took to combat the win-trading caused by the initial increase in Honor awarded to the winners. However it does nothing for my lack of faith in Blizzards capabilities to balance Tol Barad. Especially when you consider that Tol Barad is, in Blizzards own words, partially like Wintergrasp. And Blizzard never managed to balance Wintergrasp.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 12:26 AM ----------

Actually there were reports from multiple realms, mine included, stating the opposite. The general accusations were that the Alliance and Horde were trading control by letting the other side win. As evidence you can look at how nearly impossible it was to win when attacking before the honor increase, and how suddenly it was changing hands every battle after the increase...even though the number of participants didn't change.
    It doesn't matter. The motivation for losing on defense was that you would get tons more honor next time when you attack. There's nothing in the ToS that says you can't do what will provide you with the optimal outcome. Its simple game theory. Losing on defense/letting your opponent win on offense is clearly the equilibrium.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* still nothing about fixing the hunter stable issue with pet summoning. It's really annoying to swap pets and then the game tell me I don't have any pets to summon. -_-

Pretty sure it wasn't because people were crying about the 1800 honor, Last night we had a GM watching us at the bridge and really all Blizz had to do was log on and see the 100s of players doing the 'exploit' to see it was against the spirit of the game. It was fun while it lasted, scored a few items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Shield prevents all damage from the Sparks in the Mechanical Nightmare.

Oh yeah, Paladins get another free easy way around boss mechanics

/feeling the love

Stop messing with the reward and look at the actual battle.

This is just ridicules.

Deleted
    Well i got 4 times 1800 honor points. And no i did not use the bridge exploit ! I was just lucky on lottery.
    But I would not say it was "without effort" . After all i even woke up one hour early each day to check if i can join a TB before i got to go to work ! Man that sucked ! Also logging in all 5 hours when Horde was attacking only because i COULD possibly get into TB to earn points. The way it is now i can again just check if TB is running and join if i got free time. Thanks Blizzard !

The Bridge exploit really sucked, i had that feeling that everyone was getting points for free except me ! Since i was portat back to Orgrimar everytime i tried . . . Well i am full equiped now. But i would have been anyway even if queueing for BGs. One weak BGs would have granted me eaven more points than just logging in and hoping for a lottery. And even would have been more fun ! But goood it was so tempting ! glad Blizzard removed it !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, now we can go back to defenders keeping TB 99% of the time.

I still don't see hotfixes from 27.12 on live servers. I wonder, aswell. When we will have all the hotfixes that REALLY MATTERS..

Tol Barad announcement is "ridiculously important"? What's that supposed to mean?

The fight is still idiotic. I think people will continue to wintrade just because they don't bother with the actual fight.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!