Priest PVP - try Holy!

Well I was pretty down in the dumps about Disc, still am, and I still much prefer Disc's playstyle, but I switched to Holy for PVE and then tonight with 5 people doing AB's decided to try out Holy for PVP, and it's actually pretty damn fun/good!

Lightwell can pump out a LOT of healing in a small group which is battling, Circle of healing and PoH also do really well, and the Echo HOT can actually be surprisingly good. If you die, freecasting flash/Gheal for nearly 30 seconds is just a dream too!

I was annoyed that even WITHOUT the bubble/Aegis, my Holy priest lived a LOT longer evenw hen being trained, due to LW, HOT's, COH's and Chastise+Inner Will to get a little distance. Us 5 did about 6 AB's and won 5 of them, and it was the most fun I've had in Cat PVP so...even if you don't like Holy like i didn't used to, give it a go =) Was sceptical, and I'm not a HC PVPer or anything with insane rating, but it's fun

(Not sure how to post thumbs, so here are the links, feel free to edit it to correct the thumbs, or let me know how to post thumbs, thanks )

http://i53.tinypic.com/2meaghz.jpg
    http://i55.tinypic.com/majy9i.jpg
    Last edited by Thorim; 2011-01-03 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Thorim,

Might I ask for the full list of addons you have there? looks pretty sick

lifebloomz: That's LUI if I recall correctly.

On topic: Personally, I've always wanted to try out holy in PvP, but never actually did it. It sounds fun though, I think I'll check it out tomorrow.

It's nothing new that holy is actually better or at least equal to disci right now. Healers, especially in arena, are getting globalled if the other team is lucky, and having 30 seconds of god mode definitely can turn the tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    lifebloomz: That's LUI if I recall correctly.

On topic: Personally, I've always wanted to try out holy in PvP, but never actually did it. It sounds fun though, I think I'll check it out tomorrow.
    You should give it a go, lots of fun!

Yeah its the new LUI, with Carbonite, PowerAuras, Gladius, MSBT thrown in as well.

I completely agree, just the other day I made the swap over and the thing with discipline atm is that once you got a melee on you are just slowly ticking down, but as Holy you have so many tools to go regain it again
    As you might expect though the mana regen is far from superb as Holy :/

4k resilience now and Im tanking melee dps like a boss
    Waiting patiently on Discipline buffs so I can return though

PS, Thorim are you playing with Revelations?
    Since I felt like I wanted Holy Word: Chastise, but a massive 15 sec cd instant heal would be really good at times of pressure though :/
    So probably have to respecc again
    Last edited by Ansa; 2011-01-04 at 05:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring.
    Even if you're going kookoo-bananas.

Well I have Disc/Holy specs (Disc spec was completely for PVP, and Holy was totally PVE) so my Holy spec is actually a PVE spec, no Body and Soul, no Blessed Resili or anything lol

I might try making two Holy specs, one for PVE and one for PVP until they fix Disc. Revelations in PVP is actually pretty good, if you make a Cancel Aura macro, you can be in heal chakra pretty much constantly, but then if you need to you can cancel it and cast Chastise right away. It isn't as clunky as I thought it would be, and AOE Chakra is godly when fighting over flags on AB =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Well I was pretty down in the dumps about Disc, still am, and I still much prefer Disc's playstyle, but I switched to Holy for PVE and then tonight with 5 people doing AB's decided to try out Holy for PVP, and it's actually pretty damn fun/good!
    I hope the 5 of you did some solid 5mans before doing PVP, because speccing and glyphing SoR is retarded in a 10/25 man environment.

On topic: How much PVP gear do you run around with?

Two piece Satin/Three Piece Mooncloth, with the boots and trinket so far. Hit the Conquest points cap at 1400 this week so tomorrow I'll be getting my first piece from those.

Also....SOR/Glyphed is Godly in PVP and is pretty good in 5 man HCs. I also have two Holy specs now one PVP and one PVE with different glyphs and diff specs. This isn't about 10/25man raid content but on your point, to get down to the next line of talents you HAVE to put one point into Body and Soul, or pick SoR, now, I am a Dwarf so if I get poisoned I can use my Stoneform Racial, not sure of any fights where you get poisoned more than once every 2 minutes in the Raids so far, if there are some then oh well, and I think spending ONE point in Body and Soul to get down to the next line is a waste of a point, more wasted than SoR anyway. =)
    Last edited by Thorim; 2011-01-04 at 10:33 PM.

I love holy pvp in battlegrounds.

It is just a lot of fun, a lot of utility and great healing.

IMO, in BGS holy does better then disc in terms of ability to keep people alive.

It is a lot of fun when a group of people spend effort to get you down, and you're managing to keep yourself and others up, and when they finally think they got the healer off the field suddenly there's a huge spirit floating there spewing out heals =D

Personally, I don't think the various priest specs have a problem in random bgs, disc included. Holy is just a slightly different flavour. Have fun!

Holy Fire/Smite them down and then run away with body/soul, heal with lolwell and smite them agian. Dead. XD

Yeah! holy is uber goooooood!! oh wait ,OOM.

Seriously holy is very good for the first 1min that you have mana but a discipline mana lasts 3 or 4 times more so I will pass.

Edit: From the next patch I see holy only being good for BG/RBG with B&S and spirit other than that huge shields (that don't get dispelled) will certainly make discipline survivability much better.Force your RBG team to use lightwell (efficiently) which is imo the best healing tool of a holy priest.
    Last edited by Elothie; 2011-01-09 at 01:46 PM.

I made 1,8k rating with disc spec, before the reset (Down to 1500). But I prefer holy pvp atm. Since it's more stabile and thinking of that you get the [Guardian Spirit] [Spirit of Redemption] makes it easier. But, I'm more used to disc play style.
    My bane brings all the raiders to the yard.

Holy is perfect for battlegrounds.

Self-peels (Chastise), able to access shorter cooldown on fear (23s), shield sprint is superb.

But until they fix the mana problems, it'll never work in arena beyond a few gimmick 2v2 teams (I played holy / mage a bit and we'd kill things in a Deep -> Chastise -> Counterspell, but that's about to be fixed).

Still, have fun it with it !