Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    I hate it when people use 'y' for yes.. "ready?" "y" "why what?" .. it's like the laziest thing ever. y = why, it's how you say the letter :S y doesnt = yes :S /RAGE
    This o.O so much this!

lvl, grats, u, ur, wat, lol, instance abbreviations, so on and so forth...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    I'm sorry.

You seem to be missing the point. The complaint isn't shortening "heroic" to "hc", the complaint is with adding in a random apostrophe for no reason. People don't understand what apostrophes are used for. Changing "Heroics" to "HC's" means you're either saying something belongs to the heroic (the heroic's handbag? - doesn't make sense) or you're saying the heroic IS something (this heroic's hard, please nerf it!). Saying "LFM random hc's" doesn't make sense.

People need to learn how and when to use apostrophes and not just randomly throw them into sentences when they see fit.
    Pardon me, then. You have no idea how many people we get on this site who are incapable of understanding that sometimes, abbreviations don't just consist of the first letter of every word.

Deleted
    btw, bl (blood lost) brb, ffs, and a few others

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the standard WoW/internet abbreviations like btw/lol/ftw.

Never, ever will I say "u", "ppl", or deliberately omit vowels to "save time". Yes, there's a reason you conserve text space in SMS messages by shortening words, but here we have character limits in the thousands, and keyboards with keys dedicated to single letters, even laid out in such a way that it makes it easy to type proper words.
    I don't want to see the language degenerate into a mess over the next two centuries just because of that bad habit.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    I hate it when people use 'y' for yes.. "ready?" "y" "why what?" .. it's like the laziest thing ever. y = why, it's how you say the letter :S y doesnt = yes :S /RAGE
    This!!

I use:

imo
    tbh
    asap
    lol
    omg
    grats
    afaik
    cba
    fyi
    btw
    wtf
    ftw
    ftl
    ffs
    hc and probably some more xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    When I'm typing stuff out in like guild chat or something, I type everything out completely cept for a few really common ones:

brb
    lol (usually I say haha)
    btw
    omg
    grats

The rest I type out completely. I'm in no hurry, no need to shorten stuff and look stupid. The stuff I do shorten is pure habit I'm afraid. If I'm in an instance and need to type something out in a hurry, then I'll shorten every friggin thing I can and still make it readable. But, I'm usually in vent with the people I do stuff with, so no need for that.
    Get out of my head! ):

lol and gz. I only use omg, omfg, ffs, wth and those kind of words when I'm pugging, I wonder why..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolainz View Post
    lol and gz. I only use omg, omfg, ffs, wth and those kind of words when I'm pugging, I wonder why..
    yeah wonder why....

Deleted
    m8. asap, ...

Funny story, I used to think (until I figured it out) that there were tons of rude people in this game. After transactions or any other time where I may need to say 'Thank You' the person responded with "yw". Now I'm thinking, "Yeah Whatever"??? HOW RUDE! '

Although yw might as well be "yeah whatever" instead of "your welcome".
    Why not you paid your $15 right?