Deleted

If discipline had chastise (the disorient) it would be perfectly balanced for pvp imo

Don't you think? We already have good mana regen as disc (unlike holy) and chastise would give us at least one reliable way of keeping a dps off of us and buying us some time. Atm discipline priests are so dependent on others to survive it's very frustrating. No other healing class is as dependent as us. Without help from others we can get completely shut down even by a single dps. We can't slow people, we can't run away. We only have fear, which is on a long cd and is not good enough.

Shamans have totems, frost shock, can kite in wolf form and hex.
    Paladins have plate and HoJ and can tank dmg pretty well.
    Druids can kite + have cyclone.
    Holy priest can dispel poison and run reasonably fast after bubbling, but if anything other than a poison slows us we have the same mobility issues as disc priests. But sometimes chastise gives you time to maybe mind control a dps or to cast a heal on yourself.

Discipline priest are supposed to be a bit more offensive by design, but atm holy is a lot more offensive oriented than disc just cos it has an extra CC, chastise.

The Disc line should have body and soul, I have no idea why they put a bubble-oriented talent (With obvious PVP potential) like that WAY deep down in the Holy tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    The Disc line should have body and soul, I have no idea why they put a bubble-oriented talent (With obvious PVP potential) like that WAY deep down in the Holy tree.
    Or this, yeah.

(With obvious PVP potential)
    What like Psychic Horror? Or Phantasm? Or even Blessed Resilience. You're saying that Discipline should be the only PvP-worthy tree. Holy is viable for the first time and even has a different feel because it's slippery.

Priests have always been punching bags and have needed peels. You can't point a finger at travel form or ghost wolf or whatever because those classes don't have a lot of the offensive utility we have.

my guess is that they did it because disc's shields were already quite something in lk with huge absorbs, thus adding a speed bonus component to it would have been... well, overkill.

what we need is a real CC, i believe we had some sleep spell at vanilla beta stage. never knew why they took it out. pretty close to current ret's repentance (again, didn't understand bliz logic there).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Priests have always been punching bags and have needed peels. You can't point a finger at travel form or ghost wolf or whatever because those classes don't have a lot of the offensive utility we have.
    what offensive utility? offensive dispels? ok.
    mana burn? no. you won't have time to cast it. everyone targets you first cos' you're the weakest link in your team.
    mind control? no. same as mana burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Holy should lose it new, fun and useful toy, because Discipline isn't performing well? Holy is fun and quite viable in PvP, and Chastice helps it a lot. If Discipline is underpowered (and I believe you if you say it is) than Discipline should get new options or some buffs, but there's no reason to nerf Holy for that. Giving Chastice to Discipline would make Discipline the only spec worth playing in PvP.
    It gives Holy priests a reason to use Power Word: Shield and it gives Holy the mobility it needs.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

We have good mana regen? Wha?

What like Psychic Horror? Or Phantasm? Or even Blessed Resilience. You're saying that Discipline should be the only PvP-worthy tree. Holy is viable for the first time and even has a different feel because it's slippery.

What offensive utility do we have other healers don't? Manaburn ooms me before others, smite is a joke, mindblast is ok but it's a big CD, penance is a joke offensively, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post

It gives Holy priests a reason to use Power Word: Shield and it gives Holy the mobility it needs.
    So how come holy deserves mobility and disc doesn't?

That is no longer true as of Cata, priests have almost no offensive ability anymore while healing. We got mana burn and thats it, but we are usually the one being focused so we cant even cast it, and even if we arent, we dont heal as quickly as other classes so we need to heal our teamates so we dont have time to mana burn. I would trade mana burn for wind shaer or HoJ or cyclone any day of the week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    I didn't say that. Body and Soul was given during WotLK where Discipline ruled the Arena and Holy could use every bit of help it got. That's why Body and Soul was given to Holy priests.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    What offensive utility do we have other healers don't? Manaburn ooms me before others, smite is a joke, mindblast is ok but it's a big CD, penance is a joke offensively, etc.

i find mana burn is working fine even though it was more enjoyable back when you could cast it in 1.5s (or less thanks to PI). if you're oom mana burning someone, then it means you chose the wrong target to mana burn, that's all there is.

the only targets i bother mana burning are usually -dispelled untill unbuffed- healers, as dps usually have ways to regen mana through... their dps.

i almost never bother with dps-ing smite/penance unless it'll finish off someone.

disc didn't need mobility (well, we could actually say all PvP DPriest were /lol at holy so to speak) back in lk with all their defense spells and dispell protection. now that the said defenses are gone, disc spec has lost a lot of its viability in PvP imo.