Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone know what the fastest way is to get a Netherwing Drake?

I know you need to get rep and whatnot but is there a "quickest" way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the dailys (obvious) and farm eggs. It's the only way to get rep....

Do all your dailies, find extra Netherwing eggs to increase your rep and be in a guild with the rep bonus perk. There's a few guides out there for getting Netherwing Eggs. If you do everything each day it should take you between 2 and 3 weeks to get done iirc.

You tube the flight path for the eggs, download gatherer, do the dailies and spend how ever much time you want farming the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkani View Post
    Do the dailys (obvious) and farm eggs. It's the only way to get rep....
    hmm..ok. Thanks.

How long should this take if I do the dalies every day? Also this will be a 310% mount if I have trained right?

Ya just do the dailies every day and any eggs you can find, with not very many, if any, people farming these you should be able to find alot of eggs around. Most I found in one day while farming the rep was 8 eggs.

Yes it will go up to 310 if your trained for it. It should take you about 1-2 weeks, depending on how many eggs you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethaele View Post
    Do all your dailies, find extra Netherwing eggs to increase your rep and be in a guild with the rep bonus perk. There's a few guides out there for getting Netherwing Eggs. If you do everything each day it should take you between 2 and 3 weeks to get done iirc.
    Did mine in three days back in Wrath. Egg farming is pretty sexy when there's no one else out there.

Check Youtube for videos on where the eggs are. Memorize the route. Run this route whenever you can - depending on your server population and if other people are hunting eggs, you may or may not get a lot of eggs. First egg is 500-ish rep, every egg after that is 250-ish. Eggs can also drop off mobs... kill mobs in the mines for the best chance.

And do the dailies. Do the race quests.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    egg farming is the most productive way to get netherwing rep, my own strategy is to go into the mine, kill everything there, you get eggs sometimes from the loot on the kills, my best egg amount in 1 day was 16, but i know others who got more than 20, while the mine mobs respawn, go and do a wide search of the whole netherwing area, including world fragments, then back in the mine.

it helps if you are a miner, i got a lot of eggs from the nethercite deposits inside the mine

What if I'm hated by Netherwing...I just saw that. Is that how you start no matter what or do start neutral?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wow-pro.com/general_guides/ne...ng_mount_guide This is the guide I used to help me level my Netherwing rep. You start Hated, but the introductory quests bring you to Neutral.

The racing quests are a great way to get bonus rep, but you can become Exalted without them.

I recommend you farm for eggs early in the morning or late at night. They do have a long respawn timer. I found a lot of them in the mines where there were some daily quests. You can't start turning in eggs until you can talk to Yarzil, so make sure you do the questlines (I don't think you can even start to gather them until you get that first quest from Yarzil to bring him an egg). They're fun anyway I loved the Booterang, cracked me up every time.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-01-04 at 08:03 PM.

Taxi driver... I'm the Egg Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    What if I'm hated by Netherwing...I just saw that. Is that how you start no matter what or do start neutral?
    That's how you start.

10+ Year Old Account
    You start hated, do the quest chains in shadowmoon valley for huge early rep increases. You then grind from friendly to exhalted if I remember correctly.

Thanks everyone.

gotta get those eggs since dailies are limited. check youtube and other sites for locations and strategies.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it done in one week because I was looking for eggs everyday.
    I am a filthy casual!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    I got it done in one week because I was looking for eggs everyday.
    That's what I'm doing. Pretty much running around collecting eggs while I wait in the dungeon finder. I went from hated to almost honered in 2 days. And I have 3 eggs in my bag right now. It goes pretty quick if you farm the eggs....I guessing I have about 3 or 4 more days before I have my mount. Probably lvl my rogue and log back and fort to see if the eggs have spawned.

Thanks for the help guys.

My onyx netherwing drake is my pride and joy. Started the grind from neutral in BC and finished shortly into wotlk. It may not be the coolest looking mount but there aren't a lot of people left that have/want to make the grind.