Is it really that bad to use one piece of PvP gear as a holy pally?

Some guy in a random just yelled at me for it. This is the 3rd time it's happened. I only got the piece because it was better than the ilvl 316 legs I had.

Not really, I when its either get the 5% bonus from your type of armor then its a no brainer...Just remember this game is full of retards who like to hate. If your doing your job right it shouldn't be an issue imo.

Oh, and the piece was a full upgrade. Didn't lose any int, spirit, or crit/haste/mastery from it. Just now I guess the fact I have some resilience makes me unable to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Some guy in a random just yelled at me for it. This is the 3rd time it's happened. I only got the piece because it was better than the ilvl 316 legs I had.
    Nope. I currently use PvP boots because they're better than what I had.

There's a difference between using an upgrade, and using a full PvP set to PvE with. Some people are just idiots.

if you are using PVP gear for PVE, then look that piece of PVP gear without resilience. So if theres stam, int, haste, and resilience for example, then its just stam int, and haste. And if that combined is better than your current pve piece, then replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I also use one piece of pvp gear(my cloak) and have yet to find the first one to outpds me in a heroic.(yes I do move out of the fire )

Deleted
    If it has better stats then it has better stats.
    The people who are moaning to you about it as just idiots.

Edit: Just a quick FYI: Lord Godrey drops these legs if you are ever in Shadowfang Keep Hc. In my opinion its the best 346 legs we got.
    Last edited by mmoc3ece278ef7; 2011-01-04 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Its completely not a bad thing, if it actually is better then what you had then he should be thanking you for bothering to get better gear.

If you are wearing too much PvP gear and running out of mana its a different story.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heal herioics in a full PvP set. But i do it with family and friends. If i was to do a random I would probably be booted asap. (Holy Pally)

If it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade. Check on Wowhead to see what your other options are. I'm personally still using a PVP relic - I have a lot of other things to replace with VP's that are higher priority, and it's nearly as good as the VP one.

Until you're raid epiced out, epic PVP gear is very very good for a lot of classes/specs as all you're losing is a secondary stat for more primary stats and usually some gem slots. Until the mastery fix, 4pc PVP > 4pc T11 for ret, for example -.-