Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    The nerf to strength in the current patch notes is a good start, however I believe the glyph of raise dead would have been a better target. The change to runic corruption just makes unholy even more brainless, you could mindlessly slam festering strike, death coil, and your macro with transformation+scourge strike and easily do a solid 90+% of your potential single target dps.
    the nerf to str also lowers aoe dps but that's the last time i mention that because its getting tired. It seems to be an obviousness but is apparently overlooked.

The Ghoul glyph would clearly do exactly what you said and would clearly solve that single target dps issue. Good point.

The whole macro thing... that's been played since the beginning of the game. anyone can macro a button to do just about whatever they want it to if they took enough time. the fact that the ghoul does that much damage doesn't really apply apparently because blizzard hasn't even thought about touching it. I would have to agree. DKs are the ONLY melee class to have a pet. the rest get to stand still from a range and if the target moves they don't have to while dks do. The damage output of the ghoul is to balance the deficiency of the movement issue (just observation and speculation but seems blizzard may have similar view since they didn't touch the pet)

On your side note this couldn't be more true. WITH my current (Fail) gear (apparently as pointed out) i still put out at least 1k more dps than anyone i have raided with and have less gear than they do. the only dps to out perform me is a survival hunter in my guild and he has leaps and bounds better gear. over half of his equipment is epic to include his primary weapon while i still have this garbage 333 mace.

care to make any rude comments Wingwraith? this is where you usually step in
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedPaladin View Post
    You obviously haven't done much research on Unholy. 1) Your pet is only an average of 30% of your dps if you're smart enough to create a USEFUL claw macro. 2) Dark Transformation tends to be used with Blood Tap, and correctly blood tapping is a delicate art. (Or a bug, but either way) If you're mindlessly macro-ing that in, you are losing potential dps. 3) Spamming Death Coil used to kill your dps with runic corruption covering itself. I will agree that making it stack is stupid, no arguments here.

The single target rotation is simple, but no simpler than Frost. There's lots of nit-picky things that add up, such as ghoul control and blood tapping. I will give Frost the fact that Blizzard made the rune refresh too RNG. They need to fix it. -edit- I also forgot that saving Death Coils increases your transformation uptime, and that leads to a decent chunk of dps, along with knowing how to heal your pet and control your pet, since it tends to die from random dots and long AoEs.
    1) I said the pet and diseases combined were approximately 50%, I apologize if Unholy's diseases are even weaker than I thought as I haven't played Unholy significantly this tier.

2) Never said you couldn't do that, but I assume dark transformation is your highest priority so one unholy or death rune is just as good as another. No matter what you do its just 1 less scourge strike

3) Thank you.

4/edit thing) I wasn't intending to say that frost is necessarily more complicated or that only leethax proz play it, I meant that the way the abilities blend together with the procs requires a bit more attention to maximize your damage. My issue with unholy is the lack of choices outside of the runic corruption mechanic. There are more decisions to be made in the standard frost rotation due to its random nature (such as the ever common double unholy 1 frost rune combination). I can't argue much with pet control, but I feel I should point out you lose next to no dps to just resummon him. If there are fights that ghouls die more often than every 2 minutes, then you have a point.
    Last edited by Emothianes; 2011-01-06 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Poor wording for subject of point 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    1) I said the pet and diseases combined were approximately 50%, I apologize if your disease are even weaker than I thought as I haven't played Unholy significantly this tier.
    The pet is ~30%
    Diseases are ~10%

his diseases are fine.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE