PvP gearing and gemming? Help :x

Simple questions, (hopefully) simple answers. Is it still optimal to use several PvE pieces for PvP? If so, what pieces/how much resilience should I float around?

Also, what gems/stats are good for PvP Mutilate? I play Combat in PvE, so I'm kinda clueless to the caveats of Mute gearing, especially PvP gearing.

Please and thank you?

EDIT: Also, I'm a faggot.
    Last edited by Ryuker; 2011-01-05 at 09:52 PM.
    I am all that is man.

You want to get 5% melee hit, then either go for either haste or mastery.

Most go for mastery as it gives the most dps, but some go for haste because of the extra energy giving somewhat more utility.

This is also an interessting take on crit for pvp:

"I understand in Elitist Jerk's mutilate guide, haste is worth about 33% more than crit (1.2 vs 0.9). However, PVP is not standing behind a boss and the possibility of landing chain crits to win a game outweighs the small difference in sustained damage. Mutilate is easily the most kiteable melee class in the game today. Even retribution paladins have freedom, 15% run speed, ability to remove movement impairing effects on demand, and 45% run speed increase on every judgement against long range targets! When you finally get to that mage after he blinks, you really need the crits to scare him into blocking. Like wise, when you full energy kidney shot into a smoke bomb, getting an extra crit or two makes all the difference in the world."

I personally go for mastery and feel it gives great results.

How much resillience you need depends on your comp and playstyle. while agility is our best stat, pve pieces still gives conciderably more damage. So if you feel you can go with less resillience and don't feel like dying too quickly then go for it.

your talent choises also affects your survivability. I go with the build which prove the most damage http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIfMsRzoGoZbGc and use pve pieces for shoulders, one ring and one trinket.

As i start to get more raid gear this might change, but the scaling of resillience seems to be worth it.

Gems and enchants, pretty much the same as pve with some exceptions, you should use one spell pen gem and the spell pen enchant on your cloak as much of our poison damage can be resisted. Also instead of just gemming for agi bonuses, you might want to gem for some with resillience too.
    As for meta gem most currently uses the crit/spell reflect as agi/crit and crit/crit both requires more blue than red gems which is not worth it to gem for.

darn it, you wanted simple answers : (

Haha, don't feel bad, this is GREAT. Thanks for writing all that
    I am all that is man.