Time Warner hates WoW

Anyone know why peeps with time warner are having such horrible lag issues? Out BWD raid was postponed because 3 dps and a couple heals had TW and kept getting dc on every fight. I checked the WOW forums and there many ppl screaming about it but i havent come accross a reason or solution. Anybody know something?

Best bet might be to call your isp and see if they are having any issue's. Also try reseting the DSL modem.

Deleted
    Maybe some of the employees are in a rival guild of yours? I don't know. My ISP have had it's periods too, I guess you should either phone them and hear if they have noticed anything or else you could switch.

Time Warner is an ISP right, just to make sure I'm not completely off topic here, lol.

Yes, Time Warner is an ISP and one of my guildies is having issues with them as well.

When I lived in San Antonio, and had TW as my ONLY internet source in the part of town I lived in (Medical, via I-10). My internet was constantly up, down, up, down, up, down. It sucked royally, and their customer service is less then desirable... and their technicians couldn't do a thing to fix our connection properly.

And they didn't even fix it UNTIL two weeks before we decided we were moving. And it was their fault...

Apparently in the box where all tags were at, there were a lot of illegal hookups. We were paying for our internet (but a lot of people weren't), but our cable was not marked to prove that. It took 5 technicians (over 2-3 months) to realize this! And our connection was fixed after that, for whatever reason. Then we moved a month later. Go figures.

Thank God our new ISP provider up where we're at now is four times better then TW. Will never get internet from them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I'm using TWC and haven't seen any of those issues yet. It must be either a regional issue, or as someone mentioned, the technicians messed up when it came to setting it up.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Dallas, no issues with TW yet thankfully.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

It's not a regional issue because my guildies and people on the forums are from all over. And the problem ONLY happens in raids. Everything else (BG, pvp, dungeons) is fine. It's a TW problem.

I believe it is an issue only with the servers that are located in Chicago. I had the same issue, the only workaround that I've found that solves it is to use things like smoothping.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    I believe it is an issue only with the servers that are located in Chicago. I had the same issue, the only workaround that I've found that solves it is to use things like smoothping.com
    Person I know is in FL

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Person I know is in FL
    servers that are located in Chicago.
    Talking about where the server is located

guildies did say something about it being a server problem. so frustrating to be one of 5 ppl that kills a raid night. and being able to do anything about it

I'm beginning to believe it's specific to several servers, but not all. I play Horde on Zul'jin and Alliance on Kilrogg.

Zul'jin pushes 5k latency and d/cs ALL the time with Time Warner.

Kilrogg has a shiny latency of 100 and no DCs.

I'm in California with TW, and the last 4-5 days I'll get random lag spikes of 4k-8k latency for a few hours. Does not affect any non-blizzard game.

It's weird, our house is on a TW cable group and the odd thing about it is I run the game fine, the hubby runs fine, yet my brothers runs like pure trash. Has been for the past few months, somewhere mid WotLK. We can't figure out what is going on. It even acted the same after he did a yearly reformat and fresh install. The router has permissions for him the same as our two pc's. It makes no sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kansas City here, no issues with TWC at all.

I'd be more worried about that comcast though D: always postponed ICC raids back in the day.