Poll: Which side does Twin Peaks favor?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodKrayze View Post
    Love how you mention parachutes/slow fall type stuff for your base...yet when you mentioned ours, you easily left out water walking elixirs? Before posting BS info, you should probably make it less biased.
    dont horde have access to water walking? cause i'm pretyt sure allies dont have rocket jump =P

10+ Year Old Account
    i could see maybe a slight possibilty that this could be horde favored but some players wanna talk about parachute this, slow fall that. at the end of the day team work and communication are what wins battlegrounds. there is no denying that

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post
    You know the balance in BG's is mostly Horde 80% 12 year old children and not knowing what they do they wouldn't be that smart to get the flag, Alliance is mostly 80% people knowing what they do in BG's. So where is the Disadvantage for the Alliance in here?
    and this isnt a biased answer based on perception and not fact?
    Last edited by davidwh2; 2011-01-12 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

I agree that ultimately the battleground is determined by the teams' skills, but that is not the point of this thread. The thread is to discuss map favoritism.

The water by the Horde's base favors Horde because when Alliance takes that route with the flag, by the time Horde gets to that player, they're already out of the water and they're heading towards Horde anyway if they're mid-field. It's just slow for Alliance to get out through water unless they have some sort of waterwalking. Waterwalking, however, can be easily stopped by a simple dot.

The platform on Alliance's base favors Horde because when Horde grabs the flag, they can slowfall/rocket boost and get to midfield untouched 100% guarantee if they can make it to the edge of the platform untouched.

Strategy wise, if both sides picked up the flag at the same time, and compare waterwalking (whether it was cancelled or not by damage) and rocketboost slowfall, Horde would have covered more ground safely and faster with the flag compared to Alliance.
    And, like I said, a good portion of the times that the flag carrier has waterwalking, there's a Horde somewhere imposing damage so the effect is cancelled.

And yes, I've observed this several times.

oh noes, the ONE battleground that may favor horde slightly has been found! give me a break, alliance always brushes off the AV talk and its been around for 6 years, so its only fair that horde get to gloat about this (minor) advantage.. btw add a neither to the poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
    I agree that ultimately the battleground is determined by the teams' skills, but that is not the point of this thread. The thread is to discuss map favoritism.

The water by the Horde's base favors Horde because when Alliance takes that route with the flag, by the time Horde gets to that player, they're already out of the water and they're heading towards Horde anyway if they're mid-field. It's just slow for Alliance to get out through water unless they have some sort of waterwalking. Waterwalking, however, can be easily stopped by a simple dot.

The platform on Alliance's base favors Horde because when Horde grabs the flag, they can slowfall/rocket boost and get to midfield untouched 100% guarantee if they can make it to the edge of the platform untouched.

Strategy wise, if both sides picked up the flag at the same time, and compare waterwalking (whether it was cancelled or not by damage) and rocketboost slowfall, Horde would have covered more ground safely and faster with the flag compared to Alliance.
    And, like I said, a good portion of the times that the flag carrier has waterwalking, there's a Horde somewhere imposing damage so the effect is cancelled.

And yes, I've observed this several times.
    i have to agree with you, this is a discussion about the map and not strategy so if you took your stripped down to basics approach you would be correct the horde would have the upper hand.

I've played over 50 Twin Peaks battles so far as a horde hunter. There are a few things that I do feel favor the horde. I particularly love grabbing flag, heading out the west exit for the boots, parachuting off and landing right on top of a healing buff. The problem with this is you have to run along 2 alliance graveyards to do this.

Where alliance has the advantage is defending the flag carrier who has already made to your base. The ledge outside on the east side of your base makes it nearly impossible to kill a smart flag carrier. It's a very thin ledge that you have to jump to get onto and has a corner that makes it very easy to exploit LoS.

The water can actually be an advantage for alliance. A druid flag carrier can pop into seal and have a significant speed advantage to get away from a group of flag room defenders. Otherwise, it can definitely be a disadvantage seeing as that is your graveyard side exit. But you're talking a few seconds difference compared to a major base defense advantage.
    Last edited by Eurytus; 2011-01-12 at 09:02 PM.