Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by hipo View Post

Ofc Im trying to use penance/Mending on CD and trying smite spam for Archangel.
    I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea. You'd be better off just healing your group.

Also, whats your spec?

Deleted
    I did quite a few tries yesterday using tips you guys gave me and it went very well.
    Binding heal when more healing is needed. Mending/shields and occasional penance to top people especialy before electric charge. My guild is trying to survive two AoE phases in phase 2 whioch is hell of a problem but we managed to do it now and sitting on phase 3 now. Very close to a kill.

And to all people saying AA is useless. Actually I can happily spamm smites if Nef is not focusing on my group too much. It tops people nicely with Archangel when needed. I keep it simply because it's pretty much free heals and Heal spell is totaly innefective as Disc. And even though you can't control healing from it it's still usefull here and there.
    And noone will persuade me +15% healing for 18 sec is worse than SoS or Inner Sanctum .
    My armory link btw:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/niceguy/simple

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Discipline priest is really broken
    Seems like you're as new to priests as you are on this forum.

@OP:

Phase 2 is all about people spreading out as they should and interrupt the casts so that a Blast Wave doesn't go off, we're spreading out in groups of 2 on 25-man being 4 stacking points which is far enough away from eachother so that only 2 gets hit by the shadowbolt at the time, that means in 10-man only 1 should get hit if you're only 3 on the platform, so you got an issue right there and it's not you being disc.

I'm only doing 25-mans myself, but i'm mainly Holy and even i go Disc on this fight, why?
    The Raid healing that's going on isn't that high, you got certain percentages where he'll do the crackling which is manageable and you can hold it back to a certain point if needed, Disc is also awesome for P2 and P3 where in both cases you'll have people stacked up for the crackling, so i would advice you to pop the barrier during P2 for the crackling then it should be up for the 1.st of 2.nd Crackling in P3 where that's going to ease up the healing by a lot, not to mention that the add tank is going to take quite some damage during this phase, which is where Divine aegis + Shield and your quick heals as disc is going to make the difference.

I don't really care what people say, Disc isn't broken and i would advice you to not listen to people that says so either, it's all about finding the playstyle of disc and not go back to the WoTLK style of Disc healing. If you would need to shield an entire group(s) at some point, then Power Infusion is your friend for this, 20% mana cost reduction, just make sure that you're doing it in such a way that the tank is going to break a shield before that for mana, then you'll have it up right after they burst again so it wont be much of a mana loss there.

When it comes down to Flash heals, there's no reason really for you to be using it, if you got all 3 people in the same group (on grid or whatever you use) then use a Prayer of Healing on them (applies Divine Aegis without critting) and then go back to Heal again, worstcase scenario: Use a greater heal on them.

(Also, looking at your armory atm and your glyphs, for Major glyphs you might wanna change Glyph of Psyhic scream for Glyph of smite instead if you insist on running with an Attonement specc)
    Last edited by Chitzu; 2011-01-06 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

And noone will persuade me +15% healing for 18 sec is worse than SoS or Inner Sanctum .
    My armory link btw:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/niceguy/simple
    Inner sanctum is a fantastic talent and I hate when people dismiss it. On a fight like nefarian where you are taking so much raid wide damage especially in phase 2..this will drastically reduce the amount of damage you take. It has long been a practice of priests on hard mode content to take the DR talents in order to boost survivability. This also lessens the amount of healing you require and dead priests heal no one.

I am not saying it is required just don't discount it. AA for nef is a very viable talent I would agree as there are luls where you can build your stack and time the wings so they are effective. However, this is not the case with most fights currently. There are lots of threads where the math just simply shows that the mana you spend on smite can be used to just heal a target rather than spending it for a heal that "might" heal. DPS to heal is just not a great mechanic except on gimmick specs like Halfus HM. The mana gain from AA is offset by the cost to smite. Also the atonement heal has a much higher overheal percentage than a smart heal.

That said, glad you came here and got advice and applied it to help our group make progress on a fun and hard boss. Gratz and hope you get your kill soon.

So you post a thread asking for help and then say no one will persuade you away from your current approach.

And
    Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    The heal from Atonement is now capped at 30% of the priest's health before any modifiers such as healing percentage bonus effects/talents.
    Heroic Halfus says goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by waspy View Post
    maybe , the position is wrong.
    Those 3 ppl should stay spread on that pillar , like 1.5-2 yards , cos nefarian si doing small aoe dmg (1 yard i think) and all ppl will take dmg if they are to close.

this is not true. My guild stacked up to test this and the dmg did not splash whatsoever.
    Sup

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmenz View Post
    this is not true. My guild stacked up to test this and the dmg did not splash whatsoever.
    I really disagree with this in 25 man anyway, a few runs we where all on top of each other and I was damn near OOM by the time nef dropped and that was with 0 lightning pushes, now we spread and we push him through 2 lightning phases while he's in the air.

Deleted
    Prayer of healing is your long lost friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post

Heroic Halfus says goodbye.
    Really you shouldn't even post this type of negative comment without realizing the numbers behind this. On average 30% of a priests health is 40k. The avg. smite heal on halfus if you search wol parses is 30-40k. This nerf was a scaling nerf and a cap on the 50-60k crit heals that you could get with atonement. When it crit it would throw up a really nice DA bubble on the target also.

The idea of having 2-3 disc priests smiting doing 5.5mil damage and 14k hps is very viable still just not as OP as it was before. There is a lot more to the fight in add control..which drake gets killed..and surving and timing cd's for the stuns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    . Also the atonement heal has a much higher overheal percentage than a smart heal.
    Are you sure about it? From my observation and EJ AA heals hit the target with the lowest amount of health. So shouldn't overheal if there's someone not topped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure about it? From my observation and EJ AA heals hit the target with the lowest amount of health. So shouldn't overheal if there's someone not topped.

Check parses..they will show at least a 30% overheal..the problem is the delay between you cast..the heal hits..the amount is calculated..target is picked..target is healed..also you don't know if people in range would need a heal when your smite goes off. On halfus you are spamming it..so if the tank is topped off when your heal lands..it heals for all overheal. If it crits..this could be overheal.

Just check heroic halfus parses if you don't believe me. The heal is not as smart as it should be.

Really you shouldn't even post this type of negative comment without realizing the numbers behind this. On average 30% of a priests health is 40k. The avg. smite heal on halfus if you search wol parses is 30-40k. This nerf was a scaling nerf and a cap on the 50-60k crit heals that you could get with atonement. When it crit it would throw up a really nice DA bubble on the target also.

The idea of having 2-3 disc priests smiting doing 5.5mil damage and 14k hps is very viable still just not as OP as it was before. There is a lot more to the fight in add control..which drake gets killed..and surving and timing cd's for the stuns.
    this is true but the discipline priest stacking is more about the barrier to cover all the tanks for the knockdown and having the PS to cover particular tanks on drakes than it is about the atonement healing. They atonement healing is to help with the dps. You pull 20k+ dps while pulling 15k+ hps(my numbers everytime we have done this fight are around these).

Barrier for the knockdown to cover all the tanks is insanely good.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Really you shouldn't even post this type of negative comment without realizing the numbers behind this. On average 30% of a priests health is 40k. The avg. smite heal on halfus if you search wol parses is 30-40k.
    Your gear must be obscene. I am avg item lvl 348 and my smite heals are 12k per.

On Halfus you're doing inflated dmg due to the drakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, as they said the cap is before healing modifiers so you can also have Grace for 24% more as well as archangel for another 15%, don't know if Twin Disciplines also count. It's also on hits, the spell can still crit for a lot more.

The 30% cap on atonement is barely worth mentioning, even on halfus.