Deleted

Unhappy Stuttering in wow

CPU: 1090T - stock (I have disabled both C&C and enabled LLC to ensure there's no vroop - runs at 48c 10hrs prime 95)
    MEM: 8gb Dominator - stock (1.65v) also tested 4gb xms3 (both sets pass memtest86+)
    MOBO: Asus Formula IV (latest 1102 bios)
    GFX: Asus 6870 (crossfire and single card - PCIE_2 both dual and singe lanes at 16x) - drivers tested 10.10, 10.10e and 10.12 (ccc & ccc2) - 44-46c under load
    HDD: corsair f60 (SF-1222 controller - AHCI - prefretch/superfetch disabled)
    RES: 1900x1200
    Settings: low-ultra(yes shadows off)

I'm experiencing stuttering in wow, it's not microstutter, although there could be some preset when CF is enabled, it's slightly longer, approx 50ms or so intervals and not consistent, but there 70-80% of the time in most zones and only present when moving or turning the camera, as soon as I've loaded the textures it's as fluid as I'd hope it would have been.

I've tried a vast number of things as you can see from the details above, I had a theory that the problem could have been server lag, but it isn't zone specific, although 10x worse in heavy populated cities, especially when flying. My home connection sits around 80-130ms on a 20mb line and I have even taken my computer to work and hooked it up to several transit lines, putting my packets exactly where they want to be, but the problem is still there.

As I'm running out of ideas and can't seem to locate the problem after a considerable amount of searching, I've come here to see if I'm overlooking something simple, or someone knows anything more then me?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's your hard drive trying to quickly pull data to load. Unless you have an SSD you will notice that stutter. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's nothing to worry about and nothing you can fix without buying an SSD.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It's your hard drive trying to quickly pull data to load. Unless you have an SSD you will notice that stutter. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's nothing to worry about and nothing you can fix without buying an SSD.
    Cheers for the reply, I'm running an SSD as bellow, I bought it after having the problem on my old raid pair in the hope it solves the issue, but alas no joy

HDD: corsair f60 (SF-1222 controller - AHCI - prefretch/superfetch disabled)

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have a spare HDD try moving wow off your OS drive and report back it might just be your overdoing the single HDD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    if you have a spare HDD try moving wow off your OS drive and report back it might just be your overdoing the single HDD.
    Cheers for the idea, same problem unfortunately. I tried both ways around, win7 on old hdd wow ssd and win7 on old hdd

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 11:09 PM ----------

UPDATE:

I seem to have reduced the stutter considerably (although only minimally in CF) by clocking my CPU to 3.7ghz at 1.31v, clocking the ram to 1547 at 1.65v and running a single 6870 on high. Not sure why clocking the CPU and ram has had this effect on the stuttering, even with the same single card and settings at stock, although this has reduced the stuttering, I don't see it as a solution, any ideas?
    Last edited by mmoc1cb23cc170; 2011-01-06 at 09:59 AM.