Heroic Dungeons Trash Nerf already ?

today i did heroic Deadmines and i could see lots of trash mobs...that...were NOT there ! Common rly ???already nerfing ???
    Can anyone tell me if this is happening in all Heroics ? >.>
    wotlk comming back ?

Although I love the difficulty of the new dungeons, enjoying wiping on new content, and take great pleasure out of QQers whinning about how hard Cata is...this doesn't bother me.

The Deadmines had too much trash.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

Just did it, they removed some Ogers, they made some mobs non-aggro, yup nerfed.

I don't think they nerfed it too hard, its only trash, the bosses still hit just as hard.

did stone core and T-V before that, no nerfs there. DM did have a lot of annoying pulls with out 2 CCs some of them were nasty. Not wipe nasty, just a lot of healing.

I am the worst rogue on my server, but lest I am having fun .

I can say that Grim Batol and Vortex Pinnacle have not been altered, perhaps this was a small change to Deadmines or an oversight on your part, I can vouch that heroics are not being globally nerfed as you questioned.

Deleted
    So the amount of trash defines how hard a dungeon is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Dammit. I love that dungeon. It's easily my favourite dugneon to run in Cata. I'm going to cross my fingers and hop it's a bug too.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    So the amount of trash defines how hard a dungeon is?
    Well i can tell u at least 1 pack of 2 hard hitting mobs (now is only one) that made u learn to rotate some cd's and help the healer. At that pack now is just facerolling aggro making buttonz -.-

How could anyone possibly be disappointed by trash removal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understand complaints like this.

People too often confuse time-consuming and tedious with "challenging." Having an excessive amount of trash doesn't make something hard. Doing that trash doesn't make you a better, more skilled player. And spending an hour just on trash is not fun. You are not more hardcore cos you did twice the amount of trash. It is not catering to casuals by pruning some of the "busywork" from a dungeon. Trash is not hard, it does not take time because it requires skill. It is boring and intended just to be filler fights between bosses.

When they start changig bosses so that people can beat them without paying attention to strategy and execution because the players too lazy to do those things complained, then we can cry about nerfs ruining things.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I've been on the Battle.net boards for a couple of weeks calling for the reduction of trash. It's nothing, and 15+ packs per boss, is overkill. Even for the bad who need to learn to CC and follow marks, we don't need that much.

And as tons have said, trash doesn't define an instance other than negatively because of the insane amounts of time a lot of heroics are taking, not because of bosses, but because of trash. I don't even care if they allow us to faceroll AE trash, it's trash. It was named trash for a reason, it's trash.

Lol @ CC takes skill.

Pro Tip: Get full 346 and AoE Dungeons, Enjoy.

I saw a lot of people complaining that Deadmines took longer than the other heroic dungeons mostly due to trash.

Seems like a reasonable change.

Personally I welcomed the change, I'm the first to be for hard dungeons but the trash in Deadmines made it a very long dungeon, with the "new" trash it makes it a lot more on par timewise with other dungeons which is NOT QUICK but not forever either.

Anyone remember Molten Core?
    It had lots of trash and was 'time consuming', it however was not very 'challenging'. I'd much prefer challenging fun encounters over 4000 trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I never understand complaints like this.

People too often confuse time-consuming and tedious with "challenging." Having an excessive amount of trash doesn't make something hard. Doing that trash doesn't make you a better, more skilled player. And spending an hour just on trash is not fun. You are not more hardcore cos you did twice the amount of trash. It is not catering to casuals by pruning some of the "busywork" from a dungeon. Trash is not hard, it does not take time because it requires skill. It is boring and intended just to be filler fights between bosses.

When they start changig bosses so that people can beat them without paying attention to strategy and execution because the players too lazy to do those things complained, then we can cry about nerfs ruining things.
    This just about sums it up! I would MUCH rather do 15 difficult bosses that require skill and execution than 15 packs of trash where CC is the difference maker... WHY, is CC somehow more entertaining? If it's part of a boss fight, I get it, but random packs of 5 mobs where you CC 2-4 of them doesn't make the dungeon more fun. It just doesn't. More trash =/= more fun. More challenging bosses, however = fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Lol @ CC takes skill.

Pro Tip: Get full 346 and AoE Dungeons, Enjoy.
    trust me, I'm with you there. I don't care if you AE or CC, it's trash. And realistically, with the AE quantity nerf they did in Wrath, it's pretty much just as fast to single target down each mob. And IMO, ultimately faster because of the huge cost for a lot of classes to AE.

And add that, AE vs CC, to me doesn't matter, either is a simplistic strat to get through trash. And ultimately trash is name that for a reason....it's trash.