Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Class without a ton of keys?

Right now my two mains are hunter and demo lock. I do enjoy them but it seems like its more of a job to PvP with them and its not really fun especially on the hunter. Im thinking about rolling another class just to pvp with. Any suggestions on something that doesnt require 40+ keybinds?

rogue, frost mage, paladin, frost mage, druid, frost mage
    ... did i mentioned frost mage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    rogue, paladin, druid
    Druid??? Do you even play one ?

OT: there is no class that is sub 15 binds in pvp if you wonna have a remote chance of succes.. But seriously, hunter with +40 keybindings?? I wonna see a screenshot of your macro tab please

Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    rogue, frost mage, paladin, frost mage, druid, frost mage
    ... did i mentioned frost mage ?
    I would strongly disagree with these suggestions. Having played every class to 80, I've found these three to have among the most keybinds for pvp. Simpler rotations for PVE, sure, but nigh every ability gets used at some point in pvp, and you very easily end up having every key bound to something.

OT: I would recommend mage, warrior (a lot of macros, but ends up with not so many binds), or shaman.

Really depends what kind of class you enjoy, and as always the more you bind the better you will do (for example, on your hunter if you ignore pet bindings the class become much simpler, but less effective)

EDIT: the poster edited frost mage into the mix, which is the one suggestion I'd agree with. Mage, regardless of spec, can be played well with relatively few binds.
    Last edited by Cossa; 2011-01-06 at 12:02 AM.

Death knights in general have the least amount of skillls in the game. This is probably because they aren't saddled with 2 expansions worth of 'fresh' skills like the vanilla classes. DKs were streamlines in WotLK and have remained that way, with very few overlapping or redundant skills (hello, paladins!).

Shamans???? that is one of the classes with most spells in the game
    "hey, if you dont like it, go to Russia"

-Homer Simpson

Deleted
    It depends what ur doing.. most classes only use a few buttons in PVE. In PVP its loads of buttons for all classes. ( even frost mages )
    Id say the least buttons is an arcane mage - Apart from useing long CDs, it is 2 buttons... Before cata it got to the stage is was just ONE...
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2011-01-06 at 12:04 AM.

No such thing, you will have to hit more than 6 keys or buttons with whatever class you pick.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Frost mages may seem simple but they really aren't you have a bunch of snares to watch cd's for i.e pet freeze, frost nova, ring of frost, shields blah blah blah. DK's have few buttons but you have to runewatch a lot which can be annoying. Ele shamans don't have a lot of pvp skills which means they don't really have a lot of binds but they are bad in pvp right now for that reason... just play whats fun. Like a destro lock you can blow people up in few buttons lol

Quote Originally Posted by rolfing shaman View Post
    Shamans???? that is one of the classes with most spells in the game
    The number of usable spells depends on the spec, but no, I'd say for a healing class they have among the fewest spells. I don't count most totems as individual spells, as there are only a few you need to bind (grounding, earthbind, stoneclaw), the rest are taken care of with the easy drop buttons. Don't get me wrong, they are fun, but macroing a few shocks, LB, and LvB on top of heals, travel, interrupts, etc still makes for a more simple keybinding layout than other classes.

Case in point: my shammy friend managed to rise to respectable arena rankings without binding a single spell because clicking was "more relaxing" for him.

Deleted
    If you want to pvp and be good at it, you will have to use many abilities no matter what class you pick.

For a more simple PvP gamestyle i'd suggest PvPing with a lower level character, you won't have to worry about having 40 keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Exces View Post
    If you want to pvp and be good at it, you will have to use many abilities no matter what class you pick.

For a more simple PvP gamestyle i'd suggest PvPing with a lower level character, you won't have to worry about having 40 keybinds.
    lvl 19 twink rogues anyone? lol

He isn't asking for a class with no keybinds, he's looking for one with less than 40. Depending on what kind of role you prefer to fill in pvp, I think your best bet is Mage, Warrior, Shaman, or DK. Holy pallies have fewer binds than the other specs, though managing a secondary resource is off-putting to some.

warriors if you don't count each action bar slot as a different keybind for each stance.

Quote Originally Posted by GLRockwell View Post
    Death knights in general have the least amount of skillls in the game. This is probably because they aren't saddled with 2 expansions worth of 'fresh' skills like the vanilla classes. DKs were streamlines in WotLK and have remained that way, with very few overlapping or redundant skills (hello, paladins!).
    My 31 keybinds says hi

warriors.. few buttons strong as FUCK and requiers little skill :P same goes with frostmage and rogue yes.. i did have em all lvl 80 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reverrend View Post
    My 31 keybinds says hi
    31 isnt "too" bad though. I'm sure you're missing a few focus macros etc though since I don't think you can get below 40 keybinds as any class. I use 43 myself as an elemental shaman.

combat rogues seem pretty low. I can fit the major part of my rotation on the 1-5 keys, cooldowns and such spread around the other keys. lots of cooldowns for survivability, but you'd be amazed how simple just dealing damage is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a warrior I have 57 keybinds, around 30 of them are macro's..
    xquzive -

Quote Originally Posted by Presi View Post
    As a warrior I have 57 keybinds, around 30 of them are macro's..
    then again, u dont need "/intervine partymember 1" /intervine partymember 2" etc etc ;D

EDIT; typo?? yes??