Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awayfromlife View Post
    Not everything needs be handed on a silver platter; somethings are best left to work for.
    lol. Maybe you don't quite get the sheer volume of flasks needed to hit this achievement, and the materials needed right now to make said flasks.

Our guild has been making quite a few already, and we're just at 600. 10,000? Get real. Maybe in a year.

Good, good. Next I hope they reconsider the 7/20 flasks per cauldron until guild level 20 thing. It makes them sorta, well, not useless, but awkward until you gain the bonus flasks so a whole raid can benefit from one cauldron. I guess you can roll to see who's not getting one, or fastest click wins, or something...

Great change, was really daunting for smaller guilds like mine. !-4 Alchs in the guild might make 10k flasks in 6mo to a year.

Slightly related, any know how chug-a-lug works with mixology?

Very nice change!
    Now fix Eng for melee!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those complaining about int flasks, its not so abd when you realize you can net over 150g (on my server) per stack of stormvine you get. And by the time I finish my regular routine of herbing for Azshras Veil, I come out with minimum 5 stacks, laugh my way to the AH *cackles*

This is a much welcome change to guilds. Some people may complain, but have you ever given a thought to how a 10man guild feels with such huge numbers? Would take months and months to make 10,000 if not a year or more for raids. Think of the herb costs and time too on that. 1k/3k is definately welcome and is in reach for both 10 and 25! Now lets get some fishing love and bring that down from 10,000 to 3,000

It be great if they slightly lowered the mats from 12 to maybe 8 or so per herb, it be nice really, and the prices on AH would drop a lot too
    Last edited by Azshira; 2011-01-06 at 02:39 AM.

The guild I'm in was at a little over 2000 flasks crafted. Given that we're 3/4 of the way through level 9, we'll likely get Chug-A-Lug and BLTC within the next day or two.

Good change. Doesn't make up for the thousand other little things they apparently need a client patch for, but are just putting off.

Does anybody know how this plays with mixology? Am I going to have 3 hour and then 4 hour flasks? DD

I really don't get what Blizzard are thinking with the Big Cauldron of Battle, it made no sense giving it 17 charges and it makes even LESS sense buffing it up to 20 charges. You're always going to have to use two in a 25 man and one in a 10 man so why even bother changing it?

1 down, 2 to go. Fish feast requiring 12 fish makes it useless for 10 man raids and Master Crafter (craft 1500 cata epics) which will never ever ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Does anybody know how this plays with mixology? Am I going to have 3 hour and then 4 hour flasks? DD
    I would expect Mixology not to apply to cauldron buffs, and Chug-A-Lug applying as normal.

Deleted
    This fix is just awesome. 10,000 flasks was just ridiculous! Considering that there's guilds getting the first cauldron-based perk in a week or so and that most of the guilds haven't even crossed the 1,000 flasks mark yet (like mine >.<). Think I'll have to go contribute to the achi, then by farming some flasks...

10,000 was ridiculous. For a 10-man raid guild, that's 1,000 hours of fully flasked raiding, that would be a couple of years worth of regular raiding for most guilds. Although I guess, as soon as you got the cauldron recipe, you'd be able to make a giant stockpile of cauldrons out of your two year supply of flasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Much better, however they STILL need to rethink the mats required for flasks in the first place.
    qft

Everyone in my guild but the tanks are just using wrath flasks.
    "When I grew up, I gave up childish things; Including the fear of being childish" Random commenter on Youtube.

The changes are indeed a welcome surprise, to me at least.

However I dont quite understand why it gives 7/20 flasks instead of raid-group-friendly 10/25 flasks per craft.

Even if they upped the mats a *tad* it would work out just as well imo when it comes to raiding, which i assume is what most, if not all people will want to be using them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain British View Post
    I really don't get what Blizzard are thinking with the Big Cauldron of Battle, it made no sense giving it 17 charges and it makes even LESS sense buffing it up to 20 charges. You're always going to have to use two in a 25 man and one in a 10 man so why even bother changing it?
    At guild level 20, the Happy Hour perk increases the number of flasks conjured from a guild cauldron by 50% (i.e.10 from a Cauldron of Battle instead of 7; 30 from a Big Cauldron of Battle instead of 20).

Big cauldron will make 30 flasks so you'll only be using one cauldron during a 25 man.

Mixology is one of the reasons why I have alchemy. However, if it does not stack with chug-a-lug I might consider dropping alchemy for another profession instead, probably blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Mixology is one of the reasons why I have alchemy. However, if it does not stack with chug-a-lug I might consider dropping alchemy for another profession instead, probably blacksmithing.
    I'd expect you to gain a bonus to the buff, but not the duration. And since everyone will be using the same cauldrons, the duration should be universal anyway

Don't be so sure it wont last 3/4 hours with Mixology

The dumb part on the first design: A guild which created 25.000 flasks doesn't need cauldrons. It's fracking 1.000 hours of 25-man raiding! Or 42 days of ininterrupted 25-man raiding! Or 250 4-hours-long 25-man raids! Or a year of raiding!