Question: What level do you need to be to get max profs.

Hey,

Just wondering what level I need to be to get max profs, so I can raise an alt and have him do my profs.

Believe it is 75 now but don't hold me to it

I believe you have to be level 35 to finish Vanilla level, 60 to start outland,70 to start northrend, and 80 to start cata recipes.

You should really use wowhead for these very simple and quick fact checks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you had to be 84 to start some quests in Twilight Highlands, and after those quests you can train stuff to get your profession to 525?

Or you're talking about gathering professions (mining, herbing, skinning), those just require 75. (You can learn Illustrious skill for every profession at lvl 75, but to actually get them to 525 skill points requires some quests i think).
    Last edited by Gemkin; 2011-01-06 at 06:28 AM. Reason: I meant Illustrious, not Artisan ><

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I believe you have to be level 35 to finish Vanilla level, 60 to start outland,70 to start northrend, and 80 to start cata recipes.

You should really use wowhead for these very simple and quick fact checks.
    It is 35 for Vanilla, 50 for Outland, 65 for Northrend, 75 for Cataclysm although some professions require you to learn patterns in Twilight Highlands at 84 to max.

You should really use wowhead for these very simple and quick fact checks... before you post wrong information while telling someone else to go check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemkin View Post
    I thought you had to be 84 to start some quests in Twilight Highlands, and after those quests you can train stuff to get your profession to 525?

Or you're talking about gathering professions (mining, herbing, skinning), those just require 75. (You can learn Illustrious skill for every profession at lvl 75, but to actually get them to 525 skill points requires some quests i think).

You don't have to be lvl 84. While it's true you need some vendor mats for say Inscription from a vendor in twilight highlands, but you can have someone else get them for you that is phased to see them. Or you can by them for an inflated price from the AH. I got max Inscription while still lvl 80.

Nononono...

You need to be 55 for 300+
    You need to be 65 for 375+
    You need to be 75 for 450+

And depending on your prof you need to be higher level to reach max skill as it requires quests to unlock the places where you purchase recipes (or as with JC - you need to be a certain level to earn the currency to buy them).