Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We use 1 tank. Goes faster and for some reason we had an easier time.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Deleted
    We always use two tanks. It can be done with one, but it's really not necessary.

If you really want to try, then positioning is important. The 'bots don't reset agro, so you can kite one to a corner and leave it there to deactivate, then shuffle to a far-away corner and let the next one do the same. Get the positioning right and you should never have more than 2 robots on your tank at any one time since 1 will deactivate while the second is running to you.

Not worth the hassle, or the risk imo. Just use two.

I was able to 1 tank half the fight because the other tank DC'd. It wasn't too bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    There is no need on kiting Arcanotron since his cast can be interrupted when a well spawns. I always do that too. Of corse you have to move them out of the wells after interrupting the cast.
    If you are solo tanking it, the other golem will get the buff as well, and that could be awful for some of them, if they are timed just right. Think magmatron's security measure.

As has been said by others, there's really no reason or need to 1 tank it. Frankly, if you're having dps issues with 2 tanks then you don't deserve to down the encounter anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    1. block is not avoidance
    2. swapping out a bit of hp to dodge won't change a thing
    3. this boss needs 2 tanks. Using only 1 will surely result in splash damage breaking the shield of the "inactive" boss, resulting in bad things, like extra damage on the tank and the raid. Not to mention how more risky is that when healers are forced to kite poison adds.
    Most people calculate block chance when they say avoidance. What they are trying to say is he should focus less on stamina and more on avoidance/block. Gem to get bonuses still but gem mastery/parry/dodge as much as possible. Having a lot of health is great but healers still have to heal that. Its better to just take less damage over all.

One tank > Two tanks. Especially when you have decent gear. Because the melee hits from those bosses is almost nothing and switching for interrupts and just overall switching targets is much quicker and shortens the fight quite a bit. Also when shields are down you can cleave like crazy.

Your healers really only have to focus on that one tank that is taking damage because the raid damage should be very minimal if everything is being done correctly. We discovered this when Pitbull used to make you freeze up and I as a tank would always D/C and the other tank would have to tank both. The healers preferred it and so did the DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do either, and I don't think either is necessarily better.

We've done it with both. Personally, I think two tanks goes smoother, but it's subjective.

Most of the other raids I know of just use one.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    There is no need on kiting Arcanotron since his cast can be interrupted when a well spawns. I always do that too. Of corse you have to move them out of the wells after interrupting the cast.
    You can't interrupt other golem melee swings, unless I'm missing something. Not to mention whatever ability he will decide to use at that particular moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with bad combos like Magmatron and Toxitron, this fight is still easily soloable. I do it pretty much all the time without any issues at all. We have good coordination I would say, which is key to one tanking it. Either way works though honestly because it's such an easy fight on normal mode.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On normal? I suppose you could 1 tank it, but it just causes problems and it's far easier and sustainable to 2 tank. On heroic.... ha...ha...ha.... yeah.... have fun with that.