Edith - Plagueborne

This is a bit of a strange, different idea that I've dreamt up. Hope it's all right.

Name: Edith

Race: Forsaken (Undead Human)

Class: Plagueborne
    A unique class, there are currently no others. She can manipulate, conjure and absorb 'the plague' or 'blight' of the Forsaken, and is potentially very powerful. However, she is not in direct control over most of her powers, and they often don't work.

Personality: Unlike most Forsaken, she is friendly and curious. She is intelligent, but has a child like personality and naivety.

Making friends, the possiblity of a 'cure' for her condition/class.

Dislikes:
    Other undead, death, direct combat.

Appearance:
    Unlike many Forsaken, her joints are not bare bone, and her skin is mostly unbroken, other than a few splits through which plague would radiate if it were exposed. She has sickly skin that seems to throb with a dull green light from within, glowing bright green eyes and messy black hair. She dresses in tight black leather clothes that cover everything but her head in order to protect others from the plague she radiates.

Weaknesses:
    She is very physically fragile, and has a lack of control over her powers.

Strenghts:
    She possesses the potential power to easily kill any living or undead being without even touching them. The full extent of her powers is unknown and unexplored as she is the only one of her kind and an experiment that didn't go as planned.

History:
    Nothing about Edith's true life is known. She has completely forgotten everything but her first name. No one knows why she was chosen, it could have been random or she could have been special. Although the first is more likely due to the fact that she was not widely known and seemingly no one missed her after her disappearance. She was ambushed and captured by a group of Forsaken who were working under Putress, who then took her back to Undercity. She was murdered and brought back to life, this makes her one of the first few undead to be purposely risen by the Forsaken, albeit through a different method and unknown by Sylvanas at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Plagueborne" Experiment - Documented by Mordok of the Royal Apothecary Society

Day 1: The subject has been pumped full of Grand Apothecary Putress' experimental "Doom Blight" and instantly showed signs of artificial life. All is going according to plan so far. It is unknown how long she will take to fully awaken.

Day 2: The subject has made progress. She is clearly awake and seems to be thinking, but has made minimal movement and has yet to speak. It is unknown what functions she will or will not be capable of performing. Note: Her eyes glow a bright green and there is a dull green light pulsing slowly from inside of her, this seems to be the blight residing inside her.

Day 5: The subject has begun moving and speaking. It seems that her mental age has deteriorated as she exhibits behaviours similar to those of a young human child. However, Grand Apothecary Putress believes he can rectify the situation. She will begin combat training soon, and we will discover her potential power.

Day 10: Despite Grand Apothecary Putress' best efforts, we have been unable to accelerate her mental state from that of a young child and she continues to behave inappropriately. Also, she has completely failed every test put forward and seems to possess no powers at all.

Day 20: Due to malfunctioning mentality and an absence of any sort of power, The "Plagueborne" Experiment has been officially cancelled and marked as a failure. Four of the subject's experimenters and caretakers have died of disease, Lady Sylvanas is starting to ask questions. Grand Apothecary Putress has specifically requested that the subject is not executed, but stored safely in a secluded part of the catacombs below Undercity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the death of Grand Apothecary Putress, Master Apothecary Faranell took the head of the Royal Apothecary Society and discovered the report above. He brought this to Sylvanas' attention, who secretly executed Mordok and found Edith, planning on executing her too. However, seconds before her death, Edith unwillingly let out a blast of plague that ate at the executioner and guards and she fled in fear, accidentally killing anyone she pasted in her powerful state. She ran all the way to Silverpine Woods, Sylvanas chose to keep her a secret and has not yet told any of the other faction leaders or other members of the Forsaken. Edith is on the run, hoping to take refuge in the Alliance who will help her get revenge on the Forsaken with Sylvanas' guards on her heels.
    Last edited by maplesyrupgl; 2011-01-06 at 02:45 PM.

So here it is the first comment on your Bio.

First of all I like the character idea. It gets deeply into the evil plague experiment discussion that is so vividly held at the moment by many people on the forums. Form a quick read there is no inconsistency or impossibility in this bio timing wise.

There is just one thing i find hardly believable; You said Edith has a child like state of mind and yet she was able to flee the Banshee Queen, who wanted to kill her? If i understood that correctly I would think she wouldn't have made it out of Undercity, if she only was chased by Sylvana's guards then there is no problem here.

And another thing that will be challenging (but also could prove as very entertaining) is how Edith gets some control of her powers and gets along with the outside world. She will get lots of hostile reactions if she is so obviously plagued that severely. But exactly that is what could make her an interesting character. I must admit that a comment up front here is difficult since personally i would like to see that character in action before really giving judgement.

And given the ending of your history it would be difficult to get into any RPs since you are basically a fugitive Forsaken that doesn't really know what her true state is or what her powers are. I have the impression that the backstory would need a sort of wrap up to be completed.

That is what my impressions are of Edith and I hope they are of help, and perhaps they lure some more commenters here

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    So here it is the first comment on your Bio.

First of all I like the character idea. It gets deeply into the evil plague experiment discussion that is so vividly held at the moment by many people on the forums. Form a quick read there is no inconsistency or impossibility in this bio timing wise.

There is just one thing i find hardly believable; You said Edith has a child like state of mind and yet she was able to flee the Banshee Queen, who wanted to kill her? If i understood that correctly I would think she wouldn't have made it out of Undercity, if she only was chased by Sylvana's guards then there is no problem here.

And another thing that will be challenging (but also could prove as very entertaining) is how Edith gets some control of her powers and gets along with the outside world. She will get lots of hostile reactions if she is so obviously plagued that severely. But exactly that is what could make her an interesting character. I must admit that a comment up front here is difficult since personally i would like to see that character in action before really giving judgement.

And given the ending of your history it would be difficult to get into any RPs since you are basically a fugitive Forsaken that doesn't really know what her true state is or what her powers are. I have the impression that the backstory would need a sort of wrap up to be completed.

That is what my impressions are of Edith and I hope they are of help, and perhaps they lure some more commenters here
    Thanks a lot for the detailed reply!

The idea is that while Edith is quite immature mentally, there is this huge power inside her that she is not in control of, and when she was about to be killed that power came alive and overwhelmed her executioner and all the guards that she passed whilst she escaped. I don't think Sylvanas would have personally attended the execution because she thought that Edith was harmless after reading the report and was trying to keep it as low of a profile as possible.

Yes, Edith will definitely try to get some control over her powers, if she got full control it could prove too "over powered" but at least to a reasonable extent. And she will have to work hard to communicate peacefully with anyone, but it's a challenge I'm willing to accept.

You're right about the conclusion though, I've been thinking of ways for her to fit in and go from the fugitive state to an ally of someone so that I have people to RP with. One of my ideas was perhaps the Worgen taking her in and striking a deal that they'd protect her from the Forsaken if she allowed them to perform tests to get to know the Blight/Plague better so that they could get to know their enemy better... or something. I'll need to think it through a bit more.

God-modding may be an issue in the future but Khorianas has said what had to be said for the moment.

I suggest making your own RP as an 'Introductory' to explain your flight from Undercity.

That said, you have been accepted to the RP group.

Well then congrats Edith

If you want you can join us in our IRC to talk about your introductory RP, or maybe even do it in the live channel. I have yet to role play with a Forsaken but I would be interested.