Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigginsbear View Post
    So youre saying its catching up on being backlogged from 2 updates? I guess thats where I'm getting confused.
    yeah the servers are backlogged from two updates. we know its confusing as blizzard would have it, it is clearly "working as intended"
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

I don't see how this is going to make THAT much real world difference. I will still use DS when I used Ds before, and the heal is only effectively 5% less, making the Shield 5% less (basing the average mastery at 100% shield for a nice easy figure, don't think 100% is the wrong number tbh).

Its a loss no doubt about it, but as with all things I don't think its going to change things by a great deal (tho I don't run heroic raids where min/max is really required).

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    blizzard has never been able to balance PVP with PVE on the abilities. this is no exception. if they would just make a set of rules, apply those rules to whatever pvp style environment and use that instead of beefing pvp and nerfing pve or beefing pve and nerfing pvp or any other combination of that it would resolve a lot of cross traffic confliction as to what to do.
    All they would have to do is make abilities act different when your flagged for PvP than when you are not, very simple fix.
    Smile

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    All they would have to do is make abilities act different when your flagged for PvP than when you are not, very simple fix.
    isn't that what i said by making a set of rules and applying it to pvp?
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    never found blood shield all that strong really.. a 7k absorb is not that impressive. Dunno if in raids the values are alot higher, but since you cant death strike to often, and the healing + shield isnt that amazing, I don't see why it was nerfed. oh well, i don't play blood.

btw, I heard they're going to buff the healing for unholy / frost specs, as 7% is far to low. Is this still true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    I don't see how this is going to make THAT much real world difference. I will still use DS when I used Ds before, and the heal is only effectively 5% less, making the Shield 5% less (basing the average mastery at 100% shield for a nice easy figure, don't think 100% is the wrong number tbh).

Its a loss no doubt about it, but as with all things I don't think its going to change things by a great deal (tho I don't run heroic raids where min/max is really required).
    The 5% less is big. This isn't 5% less out of 100%, this is 5% less out of 20%. Its a nerf of 25% of Death Strike's Strength basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    never found blood shield all that strong really.. a 7k absorb is not that impressive. Dunno if in raids the values are alot higher, but since you cant death strike to often, and the healing + shield isnt that amazing, I don't see why it was nerfed. oh well, i don't play blood.
    Why comment if you don't understand the mechanic at all? It heals + absorbs for a LOT more than 7k. 20-30k heals in raids are fairly average, I have about 88% mastery absorb i think (I know people with much higher), that's a lot.

As for the comments about damage, it WAS needed. I was doing about 5k DPS tanking Maloriak, we were hitting beserk. Our druid tank took over (I swapped to kiting, which is HORRIBLE as Blood btw) at 11k DPS and we killed him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    btw, I heard they're going to buff the healing for unholy / frost specs, as 7% is far to low. Is this still true?
    They're going to make Death Strike attractive for Frost and Unholy, nothing else. Probably won't affect Tanks.

And still you guys are lucky, DK tank is nerfed because it's was strong, but Bear tanking just got kick in the nuts once more when it was already the worst tank in Cata....

My DK has 194~k HP raidbuffed, so my 7% DS heals around 14000. So we have to get 95k Dmg in 5sek for the 15% to be over those 14000 HP, and this, at least in Normal modes, isn't the case very often .
    This is the real problem with the nerf. It will have zero effect on pvp for the same reason. Basically, they might as well just change the spell to just heal for 7% and remove the rest of the spells function. In the case quoted, not only would he need to take 95K damage, but he would need to take it all in the 5 seconds prior to a death strike just to be on par with the default effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    The 5% less is big. This isn't 5% less out of 100%, this is 5% less out of 20%. Its a nerf of 25% of Death Strike's Strength basically.
    How is that different to what I said? Instead of being 20% its 15%. Thats a drop of 5%.

100k damage = 20k heal , 20k shield (with the standard mastery i suggested) -Present
    100k damage = 15k heal, 15k shield

Yes it's 25% of the total end EFFECT (ie. 25% drop of the already quoted percentage), but that doesn't make the fact that it is a 5% decrease any less relevant. The way you say it makes no difference, so please .....

It's just you misreading the way I said it, or rather assuming I said something incorrect so you could correct it. Or possibly me posting in a rather confusin and easily misinterpreted manner 0_o
    Last edited by Warhunt; 2011-01-07 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    Its a 5% base number drop, but the actual drop in the strength of the ability is of 25%. Death Strike is literally 25% weaker, having lost 5% of it's Healing power.

and the heal is only effectively 5% less
    is what you said. This sounds like you're saying "its 20K - 5% of that, no biggie." Which is 1K, its a bigger loss than that.

I said I was saying the same thing, and provided numbers to show exactly what I meant/understood. We could go in circles explaining the same thing in different ways if you wish?

Neither is wrong, tought you are right I could have made it clearer.

*With 100% absorb*
    PRESENT - 100k damage = 20k heal , 20k shield
    NEW Nerfed - 100k damage = 15k heal, 15k shield

The heal has dropped by 5% of the damage taken.
    The heal itself has dropped in value by 25% of the original heal.

I only say it differently to you as I don't want to have to say :

The heal has dropped 25% of the amount that 20% of the damage taken would have have been. 0_o
    Last edited by Warhunt; 2011-01-07 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    And still you guys are lucky, DK tank is nerfed because it's was strong, but Bear tanking just got kick in the nuts once more when it was already the worst tank in Cata....
    They're buffing survivability and nerfing DPS. Bear DPS was high, bear survivability was a little low. What part of that seems so bad?