Combat Buff Live on Test

• Combat Readiness now lasts for 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds, but the Combat Insight stacking buff lasts 10 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
    • Smoke Bomb now lasts for 5 seconds, down from 10 seconds.

Talent Specializations
    Combat
    • Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 75% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.
    • Revealing Strike now increases finisher effectiveness by 35% (45% glyphed), up from 20% (30% glyphed).
    Last edited by Bane-US; 2011-01-06 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really interested to see the numbers for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we're talking. If MG procs combat potency I can see mastery's EP getting bumped up nicely, maybe on par or higher than haste. Plus I wonder with the new RvS if the glyph will be more useful, although what glyph would it replace? I don't see the SS or AR glyphs getting replaced anytime soon. And the s&d glyph is real nice

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Now we're talking. If MG procs combat potency I can see mastery's EP getting bumped up nicely, maybe on par or higher than haste. Plus I wonder with the new RvS if the glyph will be more useful, although what glyph would it replace? I don't see the SS or AR glyphs getting replaced anytime soon. And the s&d glyph is real nice
    The 10% boost still won't provide enough of a DPS increase to beat out what SnD/AR/SS' glyphs do. But overall I like the changes. Should bring Combat very close if not past Assassination in DPS considering the situational fights that are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    MG already procs combat potency on live and that's how it's modeled in all theorycraft I've seen. The only change is the RvS, which is a small buff 1-2%.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talent Specializations
    Combat

* Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 75% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.

Not sure how much more of a damage boost this is over daggers but I would assume its significant.

The real patch note is an even more significant buff. They're finally basing Main Gauche attacks off main hand weapons. Bout damned time, maybe I'll pull my Rogue out of retirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, I was hoping for something like this. I can't wait to see what the value of mastery goes to now.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterfu View Post
    Talent Specializations
    Combat

* Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 75% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.

Not sure how much more of a damage boost this is over daggers but I would assume its significant.
    It's a significant boost (~30%), but likely not enough to put mastery above haste.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if its not worth as much as haste it will still be nice to have gear with mastery on it get a boost in EP value. It will change the pre-raid bis list for sure, and quite possibly end game gear as well.

Even if it doesn't pass haste it still matters. Once you are at spell hit and exp cap the top 2 stats to look for on gear will probably be haste and mastery which has a lot better ep than the top 2 on live.