Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Yea, I kinda want this if they pull it off...

Razer's new toy.

The Razer Switch Blade

Gaming on the Razer™ Switchblade is an experience unlike that found on standard PCs and laptops when the dynamic tactile keyboard presents the control-scheme of any video game visually and right at your fingertips.

When you start up any game, the keyboard intelligently recognizes the game's specific interface and transposes the interactive visual elements such as command icons and control schemes right to the mechanical keys. Depending on the situation in-game, the keyboard can also change on-the-fly to give you only the controls you need.

And as the tactile keys are transparent to a vibrant, crisp display panel underneath, you'll see those familiar icons in their original art design, bringing the game interface closer to you.
    Last edited by mmoc05c338f655; 2011-01-06 at 05:05 PM.

Wow
    Looks impressing ôO

Deleted
    fuck me, that is awesome

Deleted
    Technology ftw.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the Optimus keyboard.

But it aint got enough buttons for some folk I reckon (Naga owners, I'm looking at you )

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... That's awesome. I'm amazed at what technology does, all the time.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2011-01-06 at 05:15 PM.

Meh, still have to plug in a keyboard to login to WoW, and there is a reason i bought that 32" LCD
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeyinde View Post
    Reminds me of the Optimus keyboard.

But it aint got enough buttons for some folk I reckon (Naga owners, I'm looking at you )
    Just plug it in the USB port :P

Shame it's just a concept atm

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    Meh, still have to plug in a keyboard to login to WoW, and there is a reason i bought that 32" LCD
    The keys change to QWERTY if needed to.

That is really cool. I am not sure that I could actually use it but its still really cool.

The problem with gaming on latop was never the keyboard layout. It has always been and still is, the size of the screen. You can play games with 17" screen, but its not gaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapret View Post
    The problem with gaming on latop was never the keyboard layout. It has always been and still is, the size of the screen. You can play games with 17" screen, but its not gaming.
    I play various games on my laptop, like WoW and LoL, and i play them fine, don't really see a difference tbh, it's still gaming

TBH just gief a cheaper version of the optimus maximus keyboard. I'd effing love one of them. No need for the screen or computer parts. That one in particular looks like the keys are a little bit too small/cramped, unless they used a giant to hold it.

http://store.artlebedev.com/electron...timus-maximus/

However the concept of LEDs in the keys is a fantastic one. I have a x-keys board which is a nice tactile mechanical keyboard with little clear caps on the keys to insert your own picture. It's fantastic, but only works for one character, it's too much hassle to keep changing they pics, and seeing the wrong icons is off putting. But with 56 keys (model dependant) it has more than enough room to totally replace my keyboard, except for chat. There's no real reason why I couldn't rebind and remap half the keys to buttons but I'm too lazy for that
    Last edited by wartywarlock; 2011-01-06 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    TBH just gief a cheaper version of the optimus maximus keyboard. I'd effing love one of them. No need for the screen or computer parts. That one in particular looks like the keys are a little bit too small/cramped, unless they used a giant to hold it.

http://store.artlebedev.com/electron...timus-maximus/
    http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-mini/

:P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it had a mobile i7 processor in it and the screen size was a little bigger, I'd instantly buy one when/if Razer released it.

Deleted
    I really hope it doesn't have intel graphics card.

I'm actually drooling here! Name the price, I've got a blank check ready!

ALL GLORY TO Cthulhu Ftagn, HIS WILL BE DONE!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I really hope it doesn't have intel graphics card.
    GTX580M please

Personally, I would prefer a real Laptop, but even I admit that that seems impressive. But its coming was expected seeing how powerful Cell Phones are getting.

Any Laptop doesn't work for gaming IMO. even if they got the keyboard and mouse right, the screen is still small and being attached to the keyboard hurts performance I think.