15+ Year Old Account

Blood spec viable for pvp?

(Before you begin to read and post, I do know blood spec is meant as tanking spec.)

I'm thinking about making a warrior or DK alt.

How viable is blood spec (in full dps gear) for pvp? Are the heals really that great or am I better off just playing an arms warrior?
    Recently I've heard that arms healing is "sick" right now, but I'm not able to test it myself.
    Also, would I be gimping my dps too much if I would pvp in blood spec?

So, for a fun battleground self-healing-plate-wearer alt, do you think it's worth it to make a blood DK, or do you think I'm better off just rolling a warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like blood damage is getting buffed and self healing, armor, & mastery nerfed. I am thinking that I may give it a whirl sometime soon. The nerfs are more pve tanking oriented and the buffs are a great pvp boost.

All that said, arms warriors are just plain nasty right now.

Yeah, arms warriors are sick. I'm PvPing as Blood right now though, and it's pretty fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeG View Post
    Yeah, arms warriors are sick. I'm PvPing as Blood right now though, and it's pretty fun.
    I see.
    How are you coping with your blood DK in pvp? How good or bad is your dps and self-healing?

Is there anybody out there that tried pvp with both?

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Looks like blood damage is getting buffed and self healing, armor, & mastery nerfed. I am thinking that I may give it a whirl sometime soon. The nerfs are more pve tanking oriented and the buffs are a great pvp boost.
    Haven't heard anything about this; do you have a blue post link? Nevermind, i saw the post. Also, mastery is getting sort of indirectly nerfed because of the DS nerf.

OT: Blood pvp can be good times. I've spent a fair amount of time as both blood and unholy in pvp, and I deflinitely feel more effective as unholy when in group fights, and when kited the pet is a hell of an asset.

For any 1v1 or 1v2, or anytime they focus on me, Blood is survival king and almost always takes multiple people to kill me (depends on a lot of variables, though this is generally the case).

I haven't played a warrior, but I've fought them and finished them with full health at the end. Could be bad players, or maybe not arms spec, but I'm usually not too concerned about any melee when pvping in blood (feral druids concern me).
    Last edited by Sawhorse; 2011-01-06 at 08:54 PM.

I miss unholy and frost's ridicluous damage (exp. frost) but blood has survivability like no other. I've never finished a 1v1 fight (usually either my allies come or my enemies come and gang up) but most of the time I get the upper hand as I slowly whittle away their hp while I keep mine sustained...in a sad 1100-resilience equipment.

Stun removal by IBF just got alot better---and as Blood, 50% dmg reduction, no runic power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the information so far. I think I'll give it a shot.

Edit: What spec/glyphs do you recommend for a blood pvp spec?
    Last edited by Subliminal; 2011-01-06 at 10:49 PM.