Poll: Are you enjoying the Priest class?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I love playing my Spriest. I have no problems, except for the broken AoE. Mana is merely something to be aware of, but nothing an occasional Cooldown, or Shadow Word: Death can't cure. I still end up within the first 3 spots on meters. I wish Dispersion was more useful, but I just use it as a mana regen during "Oh shit" phases where I can't do damage (Transition into Neferian's 2nd phase comes to mind). So beyond broken AoE and the hyper-situational Dispersion Shadow is in good hands.

I can't comment on the healing specs. Chakra seems neat, but I dont know how well it works in practice. I know Disc priests are less than content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Not against Warriors.

Intercept, Charge, Interrupt, Throwdown, hamstring.

It's all a little pathetic tbh.
    It'll get much better after the patch with our buffs, and their nerfs.

INTO THE GROUND, BABY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a Holy priest here.
    I'm not enjoying it like I used to, especially not in heroics. I've done two bosses now, Magmaw was meh but the Omnitron fight was quite fun.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by The007Eric View Post
    I've been playing as holy and it's been tons of fun. There are a lot of choices on how to heal. The new chakra ability is definitely interesting. I cant wait until i hit 85. OS as shadow seems a bit underpowered imo.
    Wait till 85 then give your judgement, thats when it really shows the priest. Mana becomes a great issue. Healing from 80-84 is a piece of cake.

i'm loving shadow atm. aoe is seriously gimped and needs a buff, but it's still fun and i can really blow shit up single target. disc i honestly havent played since the second week or so of cata because i wasnt at all happy with it, but now that disc is getting some love i'll probably go back to actually healing again.

all I play is Disc (both pve and pvp) I haven't done raiding (since my main is a holy pally and my GM wants my Holy Pally more) but I enjoy doing pvp (mostly battlegrounds). As far as dungeons (not geared enough to do heroics) it isn't so bad. Just gotta learn how to play my class a bit more, that's all

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest and loving it. Priests have always been the most fun class to play and with these new patch notes, I'm almost drooling with anticipation. If there was a "Fuck Yes" option I would've chose that instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our shadowpriest is doing just fine, and topping the charts together with me (demo lock) and a hunter.
    Maybe theory crafting might be showing a little lower DPS, but I think shadow is pretty balanced at the moment.
    On AoE tho, i agree, our spriest does shit damage on Magmaw ads. Not funny.

Deleted
    Playing a holy priest and still loving it! <3

With the change to chakra they just slapped up on the ptr, and the reduced cost of renew, I think holy is going to be just about perfect. Might even enjoy disc again, but we'll have to see --- it looks promising for sure.

Deleted
    simply loving holy healing atm

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Disc priest and loving it. Priests have always been the most fun class to play and with these new patch notes, I'm almost drooling with anticipation. If there was a "Fuck Yes" option I would've chose that instead.
    This, SO MUCH THIS.

I'm leveling as Disc, will be PVE and PVP Disc as well. I've loved it since they introduced Penance. I already have my hunter and rogue to 85 and loving Disc priest the most so far.

-------------------------------------

After a bit of gear, and the tweeks to healing Blizzard did, i am loving my priest even more then Wrath!

Deleted
    100% yes. Love it. A huge improvement over the yawnfest shieldparade that WotLK was.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really to be honest... which is a shame as I've always enjoyed my priest. I don't think we're underpowered like a lot of people seem to be crying about (from a holy perspective anyway), at least I haven't had any issues with heroics. Playing with guildies who aren't stupid helps I guess, haven't even touched the dungeon finder.

It's not that that I've found it hard to adjust to the new way of healing, it just feels they replaced flash heal with heal and I find myself only ever using one chakra state anyway. It's just dull. If you need to use other spells you pay a mana penalty. Seems pointless having an arsenal of spells (one of the things I've always loved about priest healing) and basically being forced into using only a couple. Having a small cooldown on a spell like fheal to prevent spam would probably be better but oh well...

I haven't played in 10 days or so, a bit over it. It's summer, may as well just unsub and enjoy more free time than usual

I did not play priest untill Cataclysem.
    Played every other clas, but priest was new for me so i desided... hey - lets try something new.
    Was very confused about rotations as i hit 85. Talking about Shadow now.
    Then i googled, read some guides and tips. Got my rotation working better, and then better and now i think it is just about how it should be.
    Now i think it is fun, i do good dps and it is challenging.
    Lots of things to pay attention to, and lots of buttons to push.
    Its not an easy dps class, thats for sure - but hey - do we want easy? (then i guess Cata is not for you)
    When it comes to how much dps - well, things are not ballenced now, some are expecting nerfs, i think priests will get some love.. not much, but some.
    Holy: Took a while before i became confident here. Was very different to heal as holy then the "old" guide i had read.
    Reasearch helped me a lot and now i think i have control. I have great fun with it. The most i have had playing a healing class, i think.
    So many fun buttons to push. And this - even though i believe other healers have better regen and "Oh shit" buttons (coz our shield aint working any more). So, with the love incomming, that i am expecting, it will be even more fun.

Im having fun and with love and better gear i expect to have even more!

15+ Year Old Account
    I play Holy, from like 2 years, and i LOVE my priest.

Yes, I enjoy it alot. Shadow Priest PvP is very fun and balanced it seems. Had the thrill of tearing apart 2x mages at the same time last night, all by myself in Tol Barad Peninsula. It's fun being one of the classes mages (should) fear (Note: one of them failed by not using Mage Armor..)

I look forward to the changes done to renew (mana cost reduced by 24%) and the increase in absorb on Power Word: Shield (208% increased absorb, 31% mana cost increase). I use both these spells alot in PvP as Shadow, and some more survivability seems nice. Although it's a shame they're reducing the cooldown reduction of Glyph of Psychic Horror to only 30sec, I find Shadow to be a viable spec in PvP in the near future.

Shadow PvE is ok, seeing as it seems we are top 3 on most damage meters. Atleast on most fights. But then again; PvE is mostly "Nuke the glorified training dummy, don't stand in fire"-routine, ant thus pointless and boring. So keep the PvP Shadow Priests nice and balanced, and never mind the PvE comments about us being OP/UP. Dont wanna change too much, as it can hurt our PvP

But I will add one piece of QQ:
    Dear Blizzard. Throw Shadow Orbs and our Mastery out the window, and give us haste and crit instead. We don't need it/it's clunky (in PvP atleast). Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzla View Post
    Not really to be honest... which is a shame as I've always enjoyed my priest. I don't think we're underpowered like a lot of people seem to be crying about (from a holy perspective anyway), at least I haven't had any issues with heroics. Playing with guildies who aren't stupid helps I guess, haven't even touched the dungeon finder.

It's not that that I've found it hard to adjust to the new way of healing, it just feels they replaced flash heal with heal and I find myself only ever using one chakra state anyway. It's just dull. If you need to use other spells you pay a mana penalty. Seems pointless having an arsenal of spells (one of the things I've always loved about priest healing) and basically being forced into using only a couple. Having a small cooldown on a spell like fheal to prevent spam would probably be better but oh well...

I haven't played in 10 days or so, a bit over it. It's summer, may as well just unsub and enjoy more free time than usual
    I know how you feel, but in my opinion it gets slightly better in raids. You can really use all your spells there.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

As Shadow I'm having more fun now than ever!

As Holy I want to bench my toon

As Disc I want to bench my toon

Wrath wasn't boring.. I felt powerful when healing. With cata healing I feel like a stock car in NASCAR with a restrictor plate