Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    Well check back in to this thread and tell me how it goes.

and @Herecius, how much does it cost?
    €15

It's a good game, I had a blast playing it. I didn't get very scared, but my heart was beating for like ten minutes after I stopped playing every time.

because of cata i had no time to try Amnesia: Dark Descent yet :P but i played their previous game Penumbra and it was prty scarry shit

Deleted
    Well check back in to this thread and tell me how it goes.

and @Herecius, how much does it cost?
    I dropped a book and shit myself, taking me 5 minutes to turn corners. (just reached the first note as well >< so it's like.. 1-2 minutes in rofl).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahahaha, 2 minutes in and already shit yourself. I'd like to see how the rest of the game goes.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Deleted
    Ahahaha, 2 minutes in and already shit yourself. I'd like to see how the rest of the game goes.
    yea im going to keep playing :P Just need to get used to it a bit ;D

Got it today. Haven't been scared yet but it's because I watched total biscuit run through the start, so I pretty much know what's coming.

Deleted
    I played it with my friend who had pirated it. He didn't really help much when he was just screaming next to me while I tried to avoid the goddamn water monster up at the archive cellars. We decided to continue the game when I went over to his house at new year's eve and we ended up meeting cute ol' Agrippa.
    But yeah, Amnesia is freakin scary. The atmosphere will freak you out and DO NOT play the game alone if you want to sleep that night.
    The zombies will become a bit predictable by the end of the game, but they will still occasionally scare you. All the sounds around the place will most likely freak you out the most. (Like the suffering wails of the prisoners in the prison and so on)

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 03:33 AM ----------

My friend who just said that the game is totally lame and not scary at all when I linked totalbiscuits video about it went the same way. I made him play the demo and after 2 minutes or so, he said he was too scared to continue =)

I've only played a little bit of it, haven't encountered any of the monsters yet and it still terrifys me. Then again I don't play too many horror games, other than Dead Space (which also scared me so much it took me a year almost to beat it.)

Deleted
    Definitely the most scare-factor I've gotten out of a game since Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. I don't consider myself timid and yet I can only play A:TDD for a certain length of time before taking a break.

Deleted
    Definitely the most scare-factor I've gotten out of a game since Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. I don't consider myself timid and yet I can only play A:TDD for a certain length of time before taking a break
    Havent tried Call of Cthulhu, but I really had fun when we played Amnesia from the beginning to the start of the prison with my friend. Had a bit of a close call when I just said ''screw it, I'm outta here'' and ended up with 2-3 zombies in the way. Managed to get to the safe place with the mountain with Sanity at ''....'' and health so low that I would have died from the next hit. Had to take a pause after that cause my heart was pounding quite hard ^^'

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 03:47 AM ----------

But to put it simply, Amnesia in a nutshell = ''Your heart is pouding and hands are shaking'' =)

So after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0SI-RGArI , I wonder; how many of you have actually played it and what did you think of it?
    I still haven't gone past the wine cellar (very early early game)..... I almost shit my pants three times. I've only been able to play in short bursts. Tho I got HQ Headphones and this time of year it's dark for a lot of the day or darkish (at least most of when I'm home) which makes it worse.

The puzzles are pretty easy if your given clear vision of the puzzle your trying to even due (if your insane it gets all fucked up) the most time it would take you is ten minuets. Though with a monster pat very close, you needing to be in the dark so you don't get spotted and raped, and the fact your going insane by merely looking in the general direction of the monster and being in the dark, makes it hard.

I saw Totalbiscuit's videos on it during Halloween with the lights off at night and speaker up to max volume. I wasn't scared, though. It was probably because I kept hearing kids Trick-or-Treating and TB's comments were more funny than anything. However, since he's not doing anymore and because I've heard good things about it from friends, I might just download it for the heck of it.

I think the reason it's so scary is because all you get is ambiance in the beginning, expecting something to be around the corner and, when you turn the corner, there's nothing. Thus causing you to become even more paranoid. Also the fact that you have nothing to fight against them with, you just have to run, hide, and pray it doesn't find you.

Deleted
    TB's comments were more funny than anything
    ''I hate jumping puzzles, espescially jumping puzzles that are trying to kill you!''
    Sorry, couldn't resist =P

Quote Originally Posted by Beantu View Post
    ''I hate jumping puzzles, espescially jumping puzzles that are trying to kill you!''
    I laughed whenever he fell into the water. Not to sound mean or anything, I just found his choice of words amusing. ^^

that water monster sucks i rember when i did the last part of that thing wher you had to out run it i forgot how to run so i had o wout walk it lol

Deleted
    Truly. It didn't really help my concentration with jumping from block to block while my friend was screaming right into my ear that it's right behind me and such. Another not so enjoyable moment was when we decided to play in turns (I played all the way to prison alone and we started to swap turns afterwards) and it was my turn and the next place to go was the morque (promising..) and I ended up getting some antidote from a fresh body there. I said something like ''I'm getting the fuck outta here'' since I knew something would happen.
    Little did I know that the door which leaded away from the room with the corpse started breaking when I approached it and a nice lil' zombie crashed in. We both ended up yelling and running behind a pile of corpses in a dark corner =)

i am so bad at that jumping i just turned the whell and ran i lived and that mourge bit was the part that surpised me the most i almost said oh shit out loud luckly i didn;t mr face still got me though

Deleted
    Yeah... I've got it.. And I'm easy scared, seeing a shadow during night, outside window is enough to scare me.. It took me close to 1 hour to get past the START. Was terrified.. Kept practising hiding in the closets.. Then I found this rock, damn, I felt much more safe with that rock, even if I couldnt use it to defend myself, I imagined myself I could.. Then heard some sound, got scared, dropped Rocky (nickname ftw), and couldn't find him again.. Got even more scared then. =( But yeah... It's a VERY.. uhh, terrifying game, very well made.. The effects is just, wow. The game really messes with your head. It's worth trying tho :

Deleted
    Yeah, or the one at the storage room. It's more of an habit to check every room. Wasn't that much of an pleasant surprise to open a door and a mr face (as you put it =) ) turns around and watches at me. I literally yelled out ''Fuck!'' slammed the door shut and went to hide in a dark corner ^^

yeah opening that door came back to bite me too 3 faces to ooutrun (i like mr face nickname from lets play with megaminx lol)