Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pally aoe blind?

i was wondering if we were going to get the aoe blind spell ive heard about it but never really saw it did blizz scrap it? can someone tell me what happen to this

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard about this ever.

Deleted
    Blinding Shield?

Didn't survive the beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefflo View Post
    i was wondering if we were going to get the aoe blind spell ive heard about it but never really saw it did blizz scrap it? can someone tell me what happen to this
    AoE blind wat?

as the guy above me said, never heard of this ever

Edit: Guy above the guy above me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Same here. I wonder though, if hes talking about a spell similar to Edaric The Pure's radiance ability (not sure if thats the correct name for it atm). If so, the spell would be terrible, unless it was instant cast, its that easy to avoid.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    ^ This.

I mean, I'm sure I've seen people making threads in the past about how they want Paladins to have an AoE Blind spell like Eadric the Pure from Trial of the Champion, but I don't remember ever hearing Blizzard themselves say anything about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    ^ This.

I mean, I'm sure I've seen people making threads in the past about how they want Paladins to have an AoE Blind spell like Eadric the Pure from Trial of the Champion, but I don't remember ever hearing Blizzard themselves say anything about this.
    first cataclysm paladin post by blizzard.. It was was still concept and nothing tested and it was showing.

It was from what I recall a frontal cone blind, much like the way Light of Dawn worked. Where it would blind the targets much like Eadric. It had a few seconds cast time but could be lowered from speccing into Prot to make it instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    He´s talking about Blinding Shield, obviously. But yeah, it never made it through beta, for some reason.

For those that don´t know, Blinding Shield was supposed to be one of our new abilities in lvl 80+ and it was supposed to work the same way as the 'Blinding Shield' cast by Eadric the Pure in Totc.
    I just looked it up on WoWpedia.. interesting. I honestly haven't heard anything about that before, at least not that I remember.

Also, Eadric the Pure casts "Radiance", not "Blinding Shield". (Not trying to be an asshole here, just thought I should correct you.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...review-paladin

There you go.

It never even made it into the beta, iirc.

Have people really forgotten the blue post class previews? They were even archived on MMO until like a month ago under the class info tab dealy, if memory serves. Anyways, here I pulled a part of it off my guild forum, here is what they said our nem abilities would be:

Blinding Shield (level 81): Causes damage and blinds all nearby targets. This effect might end up only damaging those facing the paladin’s shield, in a manner similar to Eadric the Pure's ability Radiance in Trial of the Champion. The Holy tree will have a talent to increase the damage and critical strike chance, while the Protection tree will have a talent to make this spell instant cast. 2-second base cast time. Requires a shield.

Healing Hands (level 83): Healing Hands is a new healing spell. The paladin radiates heals from him or herself, almost like a Healing Stream Totem. It has a short range, but a long enough duration that the paladin can cast other heals while Healing Hands remains active. 15-second cooldown. 6-second duration.

Guardian of Ancient Kings (level 85): Summons a temporary guardian that looks like a winged creature of light armed with a sword. The visual is similar to that of the Resurrection spell used by the paladin in Warcraft III. The guardian has a different effect depending on the talent spec of the paladin. For Holy paladins, the guardian heals the most wounded ally in the area. For Protection paladins, the guardian absorbs some incoming damage. For Retribution paladins, it damages an enemy, similar to the death knight Gargoyle or the Nibelung staff. 3-minute cooldown. 30-second duration (this might vary depending on which guardian appears).

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    Have people really forgotten the blue post class previews?
    Ha. Beat you to it!

At least we got Healing Hands (Holy Radiance) and GoAK!

This is the post in question in case anyone needs it:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...review-paladin

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going to assume they just left it to die when they brought upon the nerdgasmic Holy Power change.

They figured after 5 years of the same 2 CCs, why break the tradition?!

Deleted
    They figures they want rets to think they can do damage and gave them inquisition instead.

Also somewhere along the lines they made holy wrath hit everything and nto just undead. This is why they scarpped blinding shield in a nutshell.

And Paladins arn't allowed proper cc we have bubble instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    And Paladins arn't allowed proper cc we have bubble instead.
    Repentence IS a proper CC...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Repentence IS a proper CC...
    It isn't. And I'll come to the defense of rogues here, because their CC is even less proper than Repentance.

Simple fix: It can only affect one target at a time. If used on mobs, it has no CD. If used on players or pets, it has the existing 1 minute CD.

I simply don't understand why Blizz is so reluctant to implement different "rules" for PvP and PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It isn't. And I'll come to the defense of rogues here, because their CC is even less proper than Repentance.

Simple fix: It can only affect one target at a time. If used on mobs, it has no CD. If used on players or pets, it has the existing 1 minute CD.

I simply don't understand why Blizz is so reluctant to implement different "rules" for PvP and PvE.
    I've had more than a few random pug retadins in my heroic dungeon groups as a druid tank. None of them had a problem with repentance as CC. The CC never broke, and within 1 minute one or two mobs were down anyway so I could charge the CCed target and be done with it.

Repentence IS a proper CC. Yeah sure, it would be nice if the cooldown was a bit shorter than it's duration, but it's fine as it is really. At least you can re-repentance as soon as it breaks (within 0,5-1 second reaction/GCD time).

It if breaks before the 1 minute is over, it's either you tanks fault for not pulling mobs away from CCed targets, your fault for CCing too late, or the fault of a DPS that tabbed one time to much and auto-shot the CCed target.

You mention Sap as a "sub-par" CC? Yes it's not as good as polymorph because it cannot be reapplied in combat. It's not even as good as Repentance because of that. Polymorph is the king of CC because it can be spammed, and (most important of all) it can CC humanoids, which make up like 80% of the pulls. Sap and Repentance come close, because they can effect humanoids too. Also, most casters are usually humanoids, and CCing casters is usually most important.

Mages are SUPPOSED to be kings of CC, which they are because of polymorph. Warlocks come REALLY close with the fear glyph but they have to re-fear often (AFAIK, don't think fear holds for 1 minute on mobs). Rogues I already talked about, and Hunter can CC any mob, but they have to have a little skill in reapplying it and usually you have to let them pull so they can CC a target with frost trap. What those 4 have in common is being the only pure DPS classes.

You won't get a spammable CC. 45-50 seconds CD I could see so you can re-apply it before it's duration is over, and to bring it in line with shaman hex. Nothing more though, and even that would be a huge PVP buff (which, granted, ret paladins could probably use).
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2011-01-07 at 10:12 AM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Yeah, that´s why I said 'Blinding Shield'. I didn´t know what it was called. Thank you!

Also, this was the one spell I was looking forward the most to. Did they even give a reason for why it was scrapped? :|
    They gave us Holy Wrath instead. They decided that is is better to modify an almost useless spell to do almost the same thing. Just another AoE.