Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The troll's scream somewhat alerted a presence. He was doing right. Ulay proceeded to lift his two Bone Kukris and aligned them like snake fangs. He started to dance in movements that imitated a cobra's dance and hissed at the orc that laid before him. In a moments notice the troll drowned both his blades in the orc's chest. His eyes started to flutter as his spirit began to wander. Ulay found himself on a huge Pyramid like they were in Zul'Gurrub, but with a vast jungle around it. He only could see some other pyramids with stange figures on them. He seemed to be in some kind of dream. When he concentrated on the pyramid he stood on he saw a figure in front of him that made him fall to his knees. It was someone that looked like Venoxxis, but the creature's skin was white.
    Ulay put his head as low as he could and rose his voice:

"Mighty Dambala. I wanted to offer you my soul for you boons."

The snake loa snickered.

"I like your dedication but you are going the wrong way just now. I don't want blood, I want faith. And you have proven to have it. You are an Atal'dambala. Don't go the bloody way of your people. I saved you to show you the righteous path"

"I thank, you mighty god, but I let one of mine be injured I failed you."

Another creature made it's appearance. It was a musculous troll warrior in bright red armor carrying two machetes.

"Wounds are inflicted in war, keep on fighting Ulay. Your courage may not waver."

Ulay guessed that the avatar of war was standing before him. The blood he used to paint himself must have summoned him. The huge troll warrior slapped Ulay on his back and the wounds he suffered caused him great pain but he felt invigorated nevertheless.
    The warrior, Ogoun had his hand full if Ulay's blood and marked the hunter's forehead with it.

"I have a vision for you, a porpouse that you seek."

Ulay saw the trapped parts of the woods and a female in red armor with golden hair.

The troll, still on his knees completely crawled himself up on the floor again with his arms extened as far as he could.

"Thank you."

"The one you care for, her wounds will be healed, her path is clear. For now."

A beautiful troll female dressed in white and golden rainments appeared on Dambala's other side. She laid her hand on Ulay's back and his wounds closed. Ogoun frowned a bit when she healed the aspiring troll but nodded at her.

his voice was trembling when the troll thanked the third loa.

"Do not let doubt hinder you, be confident, have faith."

The snake Loa rose his hands and he was holding 2 kukris similar to Ulay's the only difference being that they were masterfully embroidered with the Loa's symbols.

"I thank all of you for this great insight. I will trouble you no further."

When Ulay spoke this word he awoke seeing Karyon kneeling over him.

"You had no pulse for 10 straight minutes i thought you were,..."

"Don't worry my friend, I was shown the path."

Ulay still felt the wounds on his back, he knew that they were not mended, they were part of his test. What he did not notice was a small spot of blood on his forehead, and new markings displaying white snakes on his kukris.

The troll armed himself with his kukris, a belt full of throwing knives and six of his spears. He learned the art of head hunting back in Zul'Gurrub but he never was confident enough to leave without his bow. He was today. With 2 of his spears on his back and 2 in each hand crossed between his fingers, he left to find his prey. The golden haired woman. It was easy to find her, she wanted to be found. but the people accompanying her were less confident. Two of the four scouts were impaled by the troll's first spears with whome he attacked out of the shadows. He mustered his little knowledge of common and whispered out of the darkness.

"I hav been' lookin for ya."

(( a little divine insight nothing game breaking, I hope; object if anybody feels overpowered. ))

10+ Year Old Account
    The spears came like lightning bolts out from the shadow and two of men got them right through their heart's with such force that they were blown backwards.

"Idiots, i told you to focus!" Amber felt rage build up inside her, but it soon went over to excitement. After all this was what she had been waiting for.

"It's the shadow demon, RuuN FooOOR yOUR LiiiFFe!! A coward of a man started sprinting all he could in the opposite direction of where the spears had been thrown from.

"Hold it right there!" Amber held out her mace so it nearly crushed the mans ugly face into his skull.

"We stand no chance against a DEMON!!" The man screamed out in panic as he looked into the hard stone block before him.

"Pwah! If there were any demon here i would have sensed him or her long ago" She moved her mace closer to her chest, saying a quick prayer "Now you can either fight or risk a mace through your miserable skull" The commanding tone in her voice seemed to take away some of this mans fear, which is what she hoped for.

The coward stood there not moving making it feel like an eternity, but it were really only mere moments. He turned his head around and drew his dull dual swords. Amber smiled as she went into her battle stance and wiped away some of her long blond hair from her face. The other one who also still stood on his feet's giggled at the ridiculous dull swords the other man held. They would barley manage to cut through bread in the shape they were.

"Hey, this is how a sword is supposed to look like" The other man drew his long, shining bastard sword. Carrying it with no respect nor honor only arrogance.

"Focus you two, his next strike will come as swift and unexpected as the last one" Amber viewed the two who still stood on their feet. She knew they stood no chance, but that would only help her as she could use them as meat shields. She had not picked the worst mercenaries for this patrol so she could just laugh at their incompetence.

((well i am off to bed for now))
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-02-13 at 12:54 AM.

Ulay started to circle the remaining three of his enemies. He let them hear him giggle form the shadows, while he kept moving. The loud mouth with his shiny sword would be next. The hunter threw another spear at the man, but he was able to deflect and dodge his throw, while an arrogant smirk formed on his face a small throwing dagger pierced his throat and silenced him.

Ulay laughed maniacally, but saw no reaction from his real target. The remaining soldier on the other hand,trembled in fear.
    Ulay inspected the oily green coating of his spear before he threw it at the man's thigh.
    When the troll's weapon pierced the man's leg, he screamed and fell to the floor.
    The troll kept moving but still watched the remaining enemies. He wanted to see the golden haired woman react to that.

The day had been fortuous to them. Ahead of Saleyn and her forces, upon this path, lay Astranaar. The Night Elven guards remained ever vigilant, recently losing contact from Maestra's Post. Saleyn eyed up their opposition carefully, hidden by the wind refracting the light to conceal them.

Meanwhile, the ground opened forth at the side of Thunder Peak. Arkaah gazed up towards the summit, where she could raise endless armies of flame, to engulf those that sought to oppose them. Surrounding her, her geomancers also resurfaced. Sprinting upwards, the enraged fire elementals paid them no notice. After all, they all sought destruction. Arkaah arrived at the top, her skin making the heat unnaffective to deter her. Setting a hand forth upon the molten ring at the summit of the mountain, she began murmuring, lowly. Around her, the geomancers had hardened their flesh to protect themselves, and they did likewise around the other sides of the dormant volcano.

"Come, children of Ragnaros...".

10+ Year Old Account
    "Weaklings" She had hoped those two would prove to be a little more useful, but it did not matter now that she had this thing all by herself.

"I don't know if you understand me or not you honor less scumbag, but your childish spear throwing wont do anything against me!" She shouted out still trying to see if she could locate the killer inside the thick darkness. No sound could be heard, only her own heart beating like a hammer reminding her that something was still out there. She knew the enemy wanted her to make the first move, but even if she was a little reckless at times she knew very well when to keep her head cool.

"Light, guide me through my darkened path. Let your divine power flow freely through my body and give me the strength to bring this beast to justice" She closed her eyes and knelt down still having a firm grip around the shaft of her mace. If this thing hiding in the shadows really were a honor less assassin she knew her death would come soon.

"I am fully devoting my mind and body to the holy light. Let it's warm blanket wrap itself around me, so it can comfort it's loyal follower in their darkest hour" She did not really like praying, most of the time she would skip it and directly fight her enemies with her two-handed hammer. She knew she would feel far more satisfied with her mace well placed in the chest of this beast, than look at his flesh melt in front of her from the power of the light. Yet her whole body told here that this time the holy light would be the only thing that could save her from a painful death.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-02-13 at 12:56 AM.

The troll jumped down the tree he was hiding in silently and walked up to the fourth man who was still alive. Ulay quickly cut his throat, he would have died to the troll's poison soon enough. When the screams fell silent, the paladin looked up. She saw the troll, with his white face, armed with his 2 remaining spears and marked with blood. Many other enemies would have fled or begged for mercy from the demon, but this enemy would not, the hunter was sure of that.

"So, you are de first so see a shadow monster. You know what dat means do you? I can't let ya leave."

While he stood in front of his enemy he braced himself for her attack. he would have to aim for the weak parts of her armor and use his speed to avoid her blows. He lowered his balance point and dug his right heel into the soft ground. He grabbed his spears' poles near the back ends, with the tips pointing towards his enemy, ready to strike. He would have an equal range to the paladin. He extented one arm to his enemy and motioned her to attack.

"Come den, meet ya death."
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-01-18 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She raised herself up to her full height, still watching the troll closely. She did not feel any different, had the prayers failed? She raised her mace into the air and her metal gloves wrapped itself even harder around it's wooden shaft. It did not matter if the light would answer her or not, this was no immortal demonic being.

"You speak as if you know the outcome of a battle against a foe you have never meet before" She stared at him with her chaotic eyes.

"Your arrogance speaks for its-," She felt a shoot of warm energy explode through her like rampaging tidal wave. Her fear for the outcome of this battle were replaced with courage even she never had felt before.
    Amber felt the sensation of the light embracing her as it guided all it's strength into her hands and even over onto her weapon. Never before had she felt such power flow through her veins, it was like nothing she had experienced before. She pulled herself back together and looked straight at the troll again.

"Now, lets see who's gonna meet death" She felt the light surge through her as she held her mace close to her chest with a wicked smile around her sweet face.

The troll's confidence wavered shortly, when he saw the a golden light enveloping his enemy and her weapon. But the instant he started to doubt the outcome, his ears heard the drums he last heard years ago. The Gurubbashi ritual drums. He also felt the touch of a hand on his back, which he knew wasn't there, but it would be enough.

The troll lunged at his enemy, feinting an attack with his one spear but then trusting the other one forward swiftly in an hard to anticipate attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amber swung her mace as fast as she could blocking the spear, but lost some of her foothold. She knew the troll would hit her with his second spear, but her mace was already busy keeping the first spear at bay. Without thinking any more over this she cast herself aside trying to get a clear strike on this troll's blind side.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-01-19 at 12:18 AM.

The troll's first spear shattered when it was blocked by the enormous mace, but the second one got a glancing blow of the paladins shoulder, while the troll was unrolling after his strike the paladin's mace hit his side but the momentum was just enough to make him tumble and leave a nasty bruise, since the paladin was busy dodging his spear. The troll got on his feet swiftly and readied his remaining spear for a throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amber held her mace close to her chest as she took a quick look at her wound. It was nothing lethal, but it did bleed a little and she did feel a little dizzy. She looked up at the troll who prepared himself to throw the spear. She knew he would not miss at this distance and she would not be very much of a fighter with a spear through her body. She would have a better chance at winning if she kept him at an arms length making him unable to throw the spear.

She held the mace above her head and charged forward, hoping she would manage to get into the melee zone before he would manage to throw the spear.

Ulay regretted not having poisoned his last two spears but he wanted this victory to be an honest one. He tried to throw his spear but the paladin was charging at him too fast.

He threw his weapon at her without great aim and missed her, but she concentrated on the weapon too much and lost focus of her enemy. The troll jumped at the opportunity and ducked under the human's overhead blow. The moment she was unable to defend herself while she tried to get up her mace, the troll stepped behind her with a single step and reached under her armpit, to lock her wounded shoulder between his fore and upper arm. He tried to get a grip of her neck with his free arm and yanked her sideways to overthrow her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amber threw away her mace as the troll managed to get his arm around her neck, but he did not get to finish her as she quickly threw herself on to the ground. The troll still had a firm grip around her wounded shoulder, but not around her neck. Even if trolls were natural stronger than humans she were no pushover, she had started training since before she could walk. The light still flowed through her as she reached after the trolls tusk, while trying to keep him from getting his hand around her neck again.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-02-13 at 12:59 AM.

When Amber and Ulay were wrestling on the mossy ground of the woods, the troll pulled her on him and wrapped his legs around her body slighty above her waist. he interlocked his feet in front of her and started squeezing his thighs together. The paladin got a grip of the hunter's tusk forcing his head in a fixed position. Ulay then tried to roll her over again to get on top of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Amber and Ulay rolled around none of them seemed to get the upper hand, but the girl in the blood red armor seemed to drift away as her wound were bleeding badly. Had it not been for the surge of light going through her she would not have managed to last much longer. In the midst of the wrestling inside the forest the girl saw an opening and head butted the troll causing herself great pain, but hopefully the troll too.

When the Troll got knocked on his chin by the paladin he lost grip of her shoulder but his legs still controlled her waist. The troll held himself up with his arms and just started squeezing his legs together tighter, to make breezing significantly harder for his enemy.Ulay just had to play out. The troll tried to orient himself and wanted to make sure that no weapon was in Amber's range since both her arms were free now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The air slowly went out of her lungs making her desperate. She waved her hands around before pressing them into the trolls chest with all her might, screaming out with the last bit of air she had. Her hands forced the light out of her hands burning both her own hands and troll's chest. She knew she would be powerless after this, but if she was lucky she could maybe finish him now or he would flee to lick his wounds. She could barley feel her hands as the pain from forcing the warm light out of her made her eyes flicker. She had never done this before, but she were desperate to get some air down in her lungs.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-01-18 at 11:59 PM.

The paladin was able to lay her hands on the troll's flanks and burn them with her holy fire. The troll groaned as his flesh started to burn. He pushed the woman away. While she was breezing heavily the troll slowly made it up on his feet trembling. He drew his two kukris from the back of his belt.

"Your sorcery won't help ya. You will not leave ma forest alive, witch"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Witch?" She managed to crawl over to one of the trees not far away while she panted heavily.

"I think you have been... living here....f...oor far to.. long" She had trouble speaking as her eyes were flickering even more with the light no longer flowing through her with the same amount of power. The troll was to much for her, she would not be victorious not today. She turned around to see him standing there, ready to finish her with his two kukris. She let out a hoarse laughter before all went black as the rest of the light were leaving her body, she fell down on the soft mossy ground with a crash.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-01-19 at 12:16 AM.

The troll relaxed as he saw the paladin fainting. His supposed strength was a bluff for most of it. he fell on his knees and inspected his burn marks. He crawled over to the paladin, exposed her throat and rose his kukri to finish it, when he saw the markings his god left on his blade.
    No. No more blood. He would have to tie her up here and fetch her later with the help of his men. He was able to collect the other corpses, since he would need them later to prepare another gift for his enemies. Ulay was able to get her into a treetop with the help of an improvised pulley. he bound her tight and gagged her even if he was quite sure she wouldn't be able to get away. Ulay slowly made his way back to his hideout, while in great pain from his injuries he just had his kukris with him and the remaining throwing knifes he left his spears with the corpses.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-01-20 at 02:18 PM.