Lifeblood Alchemist Stone - meant to be DE'd?

Was just curious about this, I am on a low pop server where very few guilds are raiding on my side. I out of curiousity wanted to see how many maelstrom crystals were on the AH yesterday and there was roughly 60 or so.

After some investigating I see that people are making the Alchemist stones and are DE'ing them, I can't see how this was intended and has anyone seen a blue post about this?

I guess it would be a semi rare combo of Alchemist/Enchanter to be able to do it, but still seems like a bug?

Well, I imagine you can DE any of the Epics made by Professions, it's just that generally all of the other Professions which can make Epics require a lot of expensive materials to do so, while the Lifebound Alchemist Stone is rather cheap to make and available at a lower skill level.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clever use of game mechanics. It saves us paying 1000g for a crystal at my AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I agree, now that I know this I will be feeding our guild Alchemist/Enchanter tons of mats for Maelstroms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    You are lucky. On my server the raw mats are about 1000g.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Was just curious about this, I am on a low pop server where very few guilds are raiding on my side. I out of curiousity wanted to see how many maelstrom crystals were on the AH yesterday and there was roughly 60 or so.

After some investigating I see that people are making the Alchemist stones and are DE'ing them, I can't see how this was intended and has anyone seen a blue post about this?

I guess it would be a semi rare combo of Alchemist/Enchanter to be able to do it, but still seems like a bug?
    I can't believe it's working as intended. I think it's an oversight like a dozen other things in Cat.

The market on my server has already accommodated the existence of this welfare epic; otherwise I'd be exploiting it too.

it's not exploiting dont be silly

Exploit as in "use to the fullest extent," not "find a way around Blizzard's policies."

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68777/v...chemist-stone/

wonder if a patch isnt coming... this is a new stone... specificly says cannot be disenchanted.

time to stock up?

Well thing is those new alchemist stones are apparently coming out today which means yeah gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68777/v...chemist-stone/

wonder if a patch isnt coming... this is a new stone... specificly says cannot be disenchanted.

time to stock up?
    Oh god, brb, making loads of maelstroms.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    Well thing is those new alchemist stones are apparently coming out today which means yeah gg.

I thought this was all 4.0.6 which is probably 2-3 weeks away...