Thread: Demonlogy Macro

Deleted

Lightbulb Demonlogy Macro

Hi ,
    I ve made this macros for demonology. Feel free to make changes :

Pve/Questing/Hc Trash :
    /castsequence reset=30/combat/target Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Soulburn,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap

and

/castsequence reset=30/combat/target Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Shadowflame,Soul Fire,Soul fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap

HC Boss :
    /castsequence reset=30/combat/target Curse of the Elements,Metamorphosis,demon Soul,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Bane of Doom,Corruption,Immolation Aura,Shadowflame,Soulburn,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap

Deleted
    comment a): I'm not too fond of castsequence macros, i like to be versatile
    comment b): I guess you want to put Soulburn:SF more in front to bring up the haste buff asap.

Ifi t works for you thats great, but i keep my cast sequence macros pretty short. Like Tearor i also like to stay more versatile

I think the only cast sequence macro i have is an Immolation aura/shadowflame macro for when i pop meta and also a healer one, witch cast healthstone. lifeblood, and health/mana pot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this scenario, you start off the casting and the target gets banished or cycloned or dies or anything where attacking that target is stupid (maybe it was a non-elite and died). Hand of Gul'dan kills it.

Now you move to the next mob, where you cast COE, Immolate, and then spam a button that doesn't work anymore because Hand of Guldan is on cooldown for another 8 seconds, and there is no way to get past it.

Castsequences are bad, especially with target switching included.

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 09:55 AM ----------

There is a time and a place for castsequences however, such as two spells that should always follow each other or buffing yourself in a raid.

For me, I'm really tempted to use one for Chaos Bolt, Incinerate x 6 with a reset of 12s, regardless of target, so I'm always using my Chaos Bolt before Incinerate.

R.I.P. YARG

Putting aside that cast sequences are usually pretty terrible in general...

This cast sequence is terrible. Please learn to play Demo before you attempt to write one.

Soul Fire should be first so you have the 15% haste for all of your other spells/dots.
    HoG is used to refresh Immolate and this will recast immolate.
    You will be recasting CoE every 30 seconds.
    And those are just the glaring issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    only cast sequence macros I use are like /castsequence reset=5/combat/target Unstable Affliction, Corruption

I keep it to two spells 1 that I manually renew, and one that auto renews the entire fight. I use the same one on my Spriest for VT/SWP. This is a space saver nothing more. I would even recommend a [mod:alt] Corruption(insert what ever) to the macro just incase Corruption of what ever falls off and UA still has a long duration.

Over all Cast sequence macros are pretty bad unless using it for buffs or how I mentioned above.

For demo try this.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Immolate
    /castsequence reset=5/combat/target Hand of Gul'dan, Immolate

this will give you a starter sequence for pulling up immolate and getting HoG on CD. The mod is incase HoG is on CD and immolate falls off/target change.