Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

You tell me if im wrong to use guild funds.

OK, heres the deal. My guild has 7 full bank tabs plus loads of gold. My share in there is not small. Ore, gems, leather, cloth, fish, herbs... you name it... i have deposited everthing. And always the latest and most useful stuff. I was actually the first person to provide elementium and pyrium for our BS and engineer (our GM).

And now we had our first raid night and guild repairs were open for raider guild rank. Im on that rank. I was signed up, geared with flasks of my own and all ( i usually provide my own). But the raid was full and there was no room for me this time. So i did heroics... still need few bits of gear and daily Valor Points arent bad. And i used the guild repairs too.

And the next morning i find a mail in my mailbox from my GM (the same one i helped leveling engineering with ores). He sent me the bill for 40 something gold i had spent.. i was really like o.O. He had made a fuzz out of 40g calculated exactly what i "owed" to the guild and said i have to pay it back and never (ab)use the guild repairs again, unless im in raid.

I had deposited different mats to guild bank that day worth over 10 times than that gold. Just that day... like i do everyday... so..

You tell me.. was it wrong of me to use guild repairs?

Edit:
    First of all- WOW!- didnt expect so many responses.
    Anyway I actually did not want to name the guild and totally forgot i had the signature attached to my posts. But whats done is done.
    My question was NOT rhetorical. I admit that in only black and white world yes i was wrong to use the guild repairs and my excuses...well they are only that and no more.
    But when we consider even for a split second this world as a big grey area then things arent so simple.

But oh well i am removed from the said guild now not for the 40g and not for the fact that i posted on MMO Champ to get an objective point of view (tho these things clearly helped), but for the responses i got (LOL!). Tho I personaly think that my former GMs "i am the GM and i do what i want" and "rage!" posts didnt help to turn the tide of responses.

We have said our farewells with the GM and for me this topic is closed.
    PS. dont bother finding out what guild i will join and trying to black me to the GM of that guild (like someone mentioned someone could do). I am planning directing any GM who considers inviteing me to this thread and will let him decide.
    Last edited by kriimsilm; 2011-01-08 at 12:07 PM. Reason: just wanted to add something considering all the responses
    have been playing for eight years and starting to think that i will never truly quit

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    OK, heres the deal. My guild has 7 full bank tabs plus loads of gold. My share in there is not small. Ore, gems, leather, cloth, fish, herbs... you name it... i have deposited everthing. And always the latest and most useful stuff. I was actually the first person to provide elementium and pyrium for our BS and engineer (our GM).

And now we had our first raid night and guild repairs were open for raider guild rank. Im on that rank. I was signed up, geared with flasks of my own and all ( i usually provide my own). But the raid was full and there was no room for me this time. So i did heroics... still need few bits of gear and daily Valor Points arent bad. And i used the guild repairs too.

And the next morning i find a mail in my mailbox from my GM (the same one i helped leveling engineering with ores). He sent me the bill for 40 something gold i had spent.. i was really like o.O. He had made a fuzz out of 40g calculated exactly what i "owed" to the guild and said i have to pay it back and never (ab)use the guild repairs again, unless im in raid.

I had deposited different mats to guild bank that day worth over 10 times than that gold. Just that day... like i do everyday... so..

You tell me.. was it wrong of me to use guild repairs?

You're in the wrong, the funds you used were for the raid, which you were not in...why ask stupid questions

Not if that benifit is provided for your rank, then its the GM's fault for allowing people that perk....out of interest do others with the rank use it also? or is he just grieving you?
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    Your GM sounds like a total douchebag to me. I'd just counter him with "wtf dude im the guy who deposited everything 2 our gbank" etc etc etc.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Zorg, that means GM should demote all players that are not raiding.
    If you get guild repairs for raids, people who aint raiding should pay their own repairs!
    even if you are on sitout

Deleted
    Discuss it with your GM, bringing it to an internet forum to get people to back you up isnt going to help you at all.

Sounds like your guild also has a rule about those funds only being used for people in a raid and even though you had made a significant contribution you still broke the rule, id expect some clemancy because of your being generous with your donations but your donations dont give you the ability to just disregard a rule. Otherwise others in your guild will start doing the same if they see you get away with it. Depositing any crap they dont need into the gbank just so they can start using guild repair and have an excuse

Well you shouldnt have used it, because it was clearly for those raiding.
    But on the other side, making a fuss about 40 Gold? I guess (but thats me) i would throw that lousy 40 Gold in his face, demand the stuff i put in the guild bank and take my leave...

10+ Year Old Account
    As good of you as it is to contribute to the bank, it is a misuse of the gold. It's there for repair costs caused by wiping in raid, not any repair costs caused by personal endeavours.
    "The truth, my goal."

I suppose that if the guild had stabilished that g repairs are for raid only you were wrong, but I feel like you earned the right to make that one slip there. If I were you I'd just stop depositing stuff in the g bank.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ask for all the mats you donated to the gbank back and then give him is 40g. Sounds like your GM is a doucher, i'd look for a new guild.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Not if that benifit is provided for your rank, then its the GM's fault for allowing people that perk....out of interest do others with the rank use it also? or is he just grieving you?
    Dude, the benefits were obviously provided to them for raiding repairs (Their first raid, understandable). He misused them, wasn't in the raid...Just because you can use something doesn't mean you can abuse it. He's lucky he didn't get kicked imho, besides...it's 40 freaking gold, not like it's a whole shit ton

The diplomatic way to handle this is to let it slide, and stop depositing stuff in the gbank. Sell it on AH.

These people are taking advantage of you, and you're letting them. You should not be paying/grinding to level somebody else's professions. That's a manageable solo task, and that's his job.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    deposit all your mats and whatnot in your own bank.. when the gm/guildies ask for mats.. charge them for your time

Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Are you serious? You're saying that if repairs are on that automatically means you could use them? That's hilarious. So if you're to be believed, the GM is at fault here because he doesn't manually change everyone's rank whenever they enter or leave a raid? Here's a freaking novel idea, don't use guild repairs unless you've been told it's ok.

And to the OP, no, depositing stuff doesn't automatically entitle you to any benefits unless the GM or someone else the GM has given the authority tells you its ok.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2011-01-07 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    as signed for the raid and with the rank and even as the guy who did put all there gold in there (even if the gold was in mats) then you got the right to use them you did want to raid but gotpu was full so want for a hc to get better gear so you could help the guild even more then you had done over the last few weeks i would say that you allways should be abel to reapir from guid bank when sigend up and ready for a raid then cant ceom bc group is full then you still sit online and are there if they need you then yeah the gold is yours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Just ask for all the mats you donated to the gbank back and then give him is 40g. Sounds like your GM is a doucher, i'd look for a new guild.
    Sounds like his GM is trying to just make people stick to the rules, childish 'im taking all my toys and leaving' response is childish

Deleted
    I would say if the GM said at some point 'only use guild repairs when you are raiding' then fair enough, but if the repairs are meant to be used by anyone with the correct rank then, use them. I am the GM of my guild and I allow anyone to use guild repairs, from 50g a day for the lowest rank to 500g a day for the highest, I dont question how and when people use it, they put plenty of matts and stuff in the bank for everyone to use.
    I think your GM is being very very petty though and maybe has a bit of a power problem, if it continues just take out all the stuff you put in the gbank and sell it, if he asks why just explain your sick of contributing so much and getting bitched at for a measly 40g repair bill.

im sure everyone on that rank used the repairs when possible ( in my mind all the progression raiders should have a atleast a small amount of guild repairs open all the time.. cause all the heroics they do, what are the only things repair is used in, in the long run help the guild progress in raids).

plus with the guild perk "cash flow" theres always extra gold incoming.

its not like i took thousands of gold. i have never asked the guild to just give me anything i get the mats for all the enchants and gear and gem cut myself. and i have only given to the guild bank... and now the GM is making feel like i stole from him that measily 40g
    have been playing for eight years and starting to think that i will never truly quit

Deleted
    if you're guild is raiding I expect it to be well over lvl 5, with looting gold an extra 5% of that gold is going to the guildbank, plus with you delivering materials to it, doesnt seem very unrealistic to use the guild bank.. Other than that, if the guild has a kind of policy about stuff like that, you should talk to the GL beforehand, explain how and why.

I wouldnt be bothered to much if I were that GL, as long as you can explain yourself and dont do it all the time.

Deleted
    just pay it? 40g is nothing these days ( which im sure you alrdy knew )