Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    To all people saying that "Let them die" doesn't work, i invite you to read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

Also, in other words:

"Human intelligence, as distinct from the intelligence of non-human animals, results from a metasystem transition that allows the organism to control the formation of associations of mental representations, producing imagination, language, goal setting, humor, arts and sciences." as quoted from

Turchin V. (1977): The Phenomenon of Science. A cybernetic approach to human evolution, (Columbia University Press, New York).

"results from a metasystem transition that allows the organism to control the formation of associations of mental representations"

"control the formation of associations of mental representations"

"formation of associations"

Stand in fire = dead

Attack mob which doesnt have aggro on it by tank = dead

Not using class spells/abilities properly = dead

Those above are basic associations.

WoW is Not a hard game.

Simple.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I like kids like you, thinking they are untouchable, that people actually care about wtf you think or do. If i'm MD'ing anything else than the tank, its most likely because i don't want to stay with the failures i'm stuck with anyway. I pull 15k+ DPS every instance, i had every heroics cleared by the 3rd day of cata, i know perfectly my class and the instance, and have yet to die to virtually anything i have controle over, but i will wipe and leave obnoxious idiots like you if you can't do your job properly.
    Why are you trying to brag about being able to do basic things that DPS are supposed to be able to do? Doing DPS and not standing in avoidable damage is not some kind of amazing feat, you have managed to play your character to the mimimum skill level required for heroics without being carried by other people.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

User was banned for "Naming and Shaming".
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-01-18 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I like kids like you, thinking they are untouchable, that people actually care about wtf you think or do. If i'm MD'ing anything else than the tank, its most likely because i don't want to stay with the failures i'm stuck with anyway. I pull 15k+ DPS every instance, i had every heroics cleared by the 3rd day of cata, i know perfectly my class and the instance, and have yet to die to virtually anything i have controle over, but i will wipe and leave obnoxious idiots like you if you can't do your job properly.
    If you know your class as good as you know grammar and spelling ...

Yesterday I let my first dps die.He felt like pulling Versan the Everliving with his Voidwalker.After the boss finished chewing him up I taunted and tanked the rest of the fight.To his credit he didn't complain because (I hope) he clearly saw what he did wrong or he couldn't type.Anyways,I saved myself the anger and hopefully made that lock think twice before pulling before the tank is ready (wasn't ready because we were still killing Serpentis).

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    Healing someone that stands in fire is stupid. It takes away focus and drains mana. Which is more stupid, letting them die or wiping?

If you stand in fire in instances, you stand in fire in raids.
    True I rather not got oom and let the fire stander die then go oom keeping the fire stander and the group up. Then I have no mana so I cant heal and the group wipes.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    More than once on my tank I've sat there and watch a DPS get the shit destroyed out of them because they pulled with an attack. I see nothing wrong with it. If you get kicked as a tank or a healer, you can requeue and be back in an instance within 5 minutes, easy.

Also, who said anything about teaching them a lesson? I know most of these daffy scrubs will never learn, I don't care. They can just keep getting punished for their stupidity and it will make no difference to me. It's all equally amusing.
    So you are admitting you are a shitty tank that cant hold aggro?

@ the pally posting screenshots above:

The only reason ever to let DPS die as a tank is if he's endangering a group. Endangering himself by doing damage to main target essentially never counts as such, unless his attacks are causing some boss special mechanic to trigger.

If you can't hold aggro, it's usually your fault as a tank - aggro has been made extremely easy in 3.0.x patch and has been easy ever since. There are exceptions, such as many different people opening all on different tagets full out, but in most cases, it's a bad tank with a massive ego problem.
    If you can't hold aggro on main target, it's essentially ALWAYS your fault as a tank.

I'd kick you too. Then I'd tank the instance with no problems. I had to do this many times already when going with a guild group - bad tanks with ego problems seem to be multiplying as the DPS queue gets longer.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2011-01-18 at 05:42 PM.

I never really post here, but as I have been healing a lot lately on my Druid...

It is NOT my job to heal you when you are consistently being an idiot. I let the first couple times slide, thinking that perhaps the player is new or has not been in this dungeon. I see people standing in shit, and they have to see their health going down. They just continue to pewpewpew at the nasty boss. Sometimes, especially in boss fights, its difficult to not focus on the tank. It isn't fun when I have to constantly switch back and forth to players and heal them for damage that could have been avoided. The healer's job, as someone pointed out, is to heal the tank and unavoidable damage.

Another issue I notice is that people blame me when they die when I tell them stop pulling because I need mana. Yet they continue to pull and get pissed when I don't heal them. I continue to sit there and enjoy my refreshing beverage while they all die.

This will mark issue number three. Sometimes when the group wipes and I run back, people expect me to rez them. If I have to run back, so are you. I'm not going to rez you lazy asses. I've even been kicked for that before and people called me an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post

I didn't see his portrait had a red lightning bolt on it so I pulled. He was moving and buffing right before I did so I thought it would be fine. It isn't my fault he d/c when I pulled but the DPS thought it was since I guess, as a tank, I have control over the entire universe.
    Tanks have control of when they pull. Besides 90% of dcs are random.

I dont even say that I need mana because tanks shouldnt pull if I am oom. And for the tanks that do pull, I tell watch my mana like I watch your hp. Besides most tanks still pull if I say I need mana.

What I really hate are those tanks that still yell at me for bubbling them on my low lvl disc priest.
    They are like I cant get rage/mana. I tell them that getting rage/mana has changed l2play, ignore them and I leave.

I havent ignored anybody until the LFD tool.
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-01-18 at 05:50 PM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Randoms, so useless.

I'll keep the DPS alive once, let them know what they did wrong and if they do it again, they'll die. No point in spending more mana than necessary on someone that wont learn from their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineos View Post
    I never really post here, but as I have been healing a lot lately on my Druid...

It is NOT my job to heal you when you are consistently being an idiot. I let the first couple times slide, thinking that perhaps the player is new or has not been in this dungeon. I see people standing in shit, and they have to see their health going down. They just continue to pewpewpew at the nasty boss. Sometimes, especially in boss fights, its difficult to not focus on the tank. It isn't fun when I have to constantly switch back and forth to players and heal them for damage that could have been avoided. The healer's job, as someone pointed out, is to heal the tank and unavoidable damage.

Another issue I notice is that people blame me when they die when I tell them stop pulling because I need mana. Yet they continue to pull and get pissed when I don't heal them. I continue to sit there and enjoy my refreshing beverage while they all die.

This will mark issue number three. Sometimes when the group wipes and I run back, people expect me to rez them. If I have to run back, so are you. I'm not going to rez you lazy asses. I've even been kicked for that before and people called me an asshole.
    I totally agree with you 100%.

When your dps behavior starts threating the rest of the group and pulling the healers attention away from everyone else, you are a big problem. Let em die, why should the rest of us incur repair bills because of your bad play. An honest healer wont bust your chops over an occassional misstep, bad luck, or even inexperience; but if we are spending 50 to 60 percent of our mana on you and only have 40 for the rest, I'm already filling out your obit.

Yet another thread full of tank and healer QQ.

Give it a few months, these bads will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxaurelius View Post
    So you are admitting you are a shitty tank that cant hold aggro?
    Someone needs to take reading lessons. I said they pulled, and yes, I let them die. I can hold aggro just fine, and afterwards I pick up the group just fine for everyone else to finish off, but I'm not going to go that extra mile for some scrub who was either too impatient to wait for a tank pull or who facrerolled and hit the wrong key. Oh, and if there's a primary target, and they're not on it, I'm not going to pull that either. Rage less.

Deleted
    stupid ppl deserve to die over and over again, i couldnt care less