Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, everyone knows that Star Wars: The Old REpublic will be the end of wow.
    So far, Blizz is making everything they can to speed up the process ... I donno about you guys, but wow is actually getting worse and worse with every expansion.
    If Star Wars OR will deliver at least HALF of what they announce now and will be working to make the game better, I'a quit wow and forget it like a bad dream.

You cannot even COMPARE these games. DC Universe is an action game, by nature. It's more similar to Diablo than WoW.

The games are on entirely different scales, and saying one will kill the other is just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by biv1982 View Post
    So far, Blizz is making everything they can to speed up the process ... I donno about you guys, but wow is actually getting worse and worse with every expansion.
    If Star Wars OR will deliver at least HALF of what they announce now and will be working to make the game better, I'a quit wow and forget it like a bad dream.
    Well, it looks like you'll be quitting wow then. Since SWTOR is basically half as good as it should be.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Aion Had some huge potential as well when it came out with the flying FIght and such And still most people quitted after 1 month cuz of the Freaking slow lvling and such
    not just that, its the piss poor endgame as well.

Sup Sony marketer.

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Of course DC Universe will kill WoW. Just like Warhammer, Aion, Vindictus, Maple Story, Age of Conan, LOTRO, Vindictus, Bleed the Freak (a song by Alice in Chains), Guild Wars, and Maple Story again have all killed WoW.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, but it won't kill WoW (when will people understand that nothing will kill WoW?)

Couple of problems I can see right off:

1) Size: the game will have to come out with pvp, pve and "quests" already going. If it doesn't, the launch won't be good, and it won't grab hold of a core following.

2) Imagination/Balance: DCU will have to maintain some form of almost unlimited creation capability without having people create unbeatable characters. They must also have a method of character development that allows a character to grow in power/abilities but still is interesting both at creation and at fruition.

3) Flavor: seems like creating your own superhero is flavor enough - and I agree. However, depth of flavor is something else. After you create your character, will there be enough other interesting things to keep the game going for a long time (keep in mind that, like the game or not, WoW had been going for six years now, and it has enormous depth and flavor - any game coming onto the market must have at least the outline of that same idea).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    DC Universe doesn't even have crafting, or any real PvE, the only things you've got is a total shit simplified combat system designed for consoles and levling.
    Have fun when you're level 30 and the only thing to do is kill other people with your 3 abilities.
    You clearly haven't read much have you, they made only 30 levels as they know most people enjoy end game content, there is pvp, raiding, dungeons, duo dungeons, special chalenges, hard mode quests and they said they will release new stuff on a semi-regular basis. Get your facts right before spewing out random crap.

It's like people have been saying for years: the only WoW-killer will be WoW itself

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    You clearly haven't read much have you, they made only 30 levels as they know most people enjoy end game content, there is pvp, raiding, dungeons, duo dungeons, special chalenges, hard mode quests and they said they will release new stuff on a semi-regular basis. Get your facts right before spewing out random crap.
    So they made the game for casuals who can't grind more than 30 levels? On second thought, casuals should definitely quit wow and go play DCUO.

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 02:13 PM ----------

I thought Hello Kitty Island Adventure would be the end of WoW. Can't believe I bought so much stock in that I LOST SO MUCH YEN!

No, DC Universe, after watching several videos by TotalBiscuit, then i can clearly confirm how awesome the game actually is. But i have no expectations of their PvP or their Raid, however i do think it could be fun for 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by Eagerbeaver View Post
    So they made the game for casuals who can't grind more than 30 levels? On second thought, casuals should definitely quit wow and go play DCUO.

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 02:13 PM ----------

I thought Hello Kitty Island Adventure would be the end of WoW. Can't believe I bought so much stock in that I LOST SO MUCH YEN!
    i thought WoW was meant for casuals? at least its becoming more casual friendly with each expansion.

also leveling is so easy its meaningless, chances are that getting those 30 levels in that game will take way longer than it does in wow to get cap level

Watched gameplay... Thought it looked like crap.

Haters gonna hate.

Edit to elaborate, combat looks like crap, scenery/enviroment will get really old REALLY fast.

Of all the up and comings, this is by far the worst looking one I've ever seen, and it's somehow getting a lot of hype. I think it must just be a lot of DC fan boys or something.
    Last edited by Fleetfox; 2011-01-07 at 07:24 PM.

have you tried to kill 14 million people? it takes time and effort... hitler tried, only did about one third of the amount of wow players,
    using kill is such a hard word, maybe saying <Subdue a part of the population of Wow> would have more meaning with the intended statement.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    If you think standing around mashing skills to see who has the most RNG luck = fun, ya then sure it will beat WoW hurrhurr.
    You literally just summed up WoW.

After that little flub up they call MxO... I don't trust it... and I doubt this will kill WoW or Blizzard either...

Quote Originally Posted by biv1982 View Post
    Good bye. You'll come crawling back soon enough.

Would be better for the rest of us if you didn't though.

Deleted
    It IS in fact a great, very exciting new game. But I am 100% sure no game will ever kill WoW.

Like every other "WoW Killer" this game will dominate the market. *sarcasm*

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW-killer? Oh, you mean like LotRO? Or Warhammer Online? Age of Conan? Latest x-pac to EverQuest?

Nah, WoW has stacked so much resilience that the other companies would have to gang up and make a super game with all their resources combined. When people complain about other games, they stop playing them. When something bad happens in WoW? They go to a forum, vent their rage, log back in to the game, then put themselves in another LFD/Random BG-queue.

However, DC Universe seems pretty neat, so I will try it^^ Same with Rift. I'm a gamer, and if a new game comes out, I WILL try it!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Are you the same guy that made the Aion - End of WoW and AoC - End of WoW threads?