Ready For Raiding?

Hello - to start off this thread is not about the achievement but a gear/spec check for me.

I'm currently in a small guild focusing on Heroics, however in the next 2/3 weeks we are hoping to start doing 10 man raids.

Holy is my main spec so I will be one of the healers we will be running with, and I just wanted to check if my gear is progressing along the right tracks.

I've been reading the forum's and taking bits of advice from everywhere so my gear/spec is a bit of a combination of everyone, however I'm very happy with it.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement I would appreciate it.

A couple of points first:

1) I know I have 2 PvP items currently equipped, unfortunately they are currently the best that I can get. The drops for bracers/boots has been very poor for me.
    2) I am trying to get the Heroic versions of my trinkets, would these be the best trinkets to start raiding with?

Also one final questions, when we start raiding should we start with BWD or BOT, bearing in mind that we will probably only have done Baradin Hold together before this.

Any other points would be greatly appreciated!

Armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akoda/advanced

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

The gear seems alright, just keep in mind that you should reforge crit into haste/spirit, whatever you need the most at the moment.
    The spec though, unless you're going for a renew spec I suggest that you remove atleast 2 points in Mental Agility and put them into either Imp Power Word: Shield or Veiled Shadows if you're having mana issues.

As for the raiding part, you should start with BWD, Magmaw is a pushover as is Omnotron. BoT on the other hand has a chance of being simple depending on the drakes of the week. You might aswell give Conclave of Wind a try.

For Heroics spec is pretty solid (would pick up veiled shadows if I was raiding) I would also drop the IF glyph for mass dispel that are situations in heroics and raids mass dispel is useful, and yes the cast time will make a difference. IF on the other hand is useless in PVE if you're taking hits Id vote kick the tank.

Rawr covered gear, but I will say gem blue sockets with int/spi intead of raw spi as int>spi

As our 10 man just started out last week I will give you some tips on which bosses to go for.

We did Halfus first. The hardest part of halfus is the slate dragon. Your tanks have to be able to communicate and swap mobs back and forth to keep the debuff stacks down. We've cleared to Halfus 3 times and have had 4 BoE epics drop so even if you don't get him it's probably worth going and trying it.

Magmaw - if you have really good ranged dps this fight should be easy. We have a warlock, elemental shaman, and boomkin and have a lot of trouble with the adds. We have not downed this one yet but we have a hunter almost ready to raid and are going to go 2 melee 4 ranged and won't have a problem. Healing is pretty easy but get some Potions of Concentration they are very very good. When his head is pinned.

ODS - this fight is probably the easiest of the 3 but it will take a while for everyone to figure out what they are suppose to be doing depending on which of the 2 mobs are active. The biggest issue we are having are the 3 poison bubbles. So your dps have to be quick to switch to the adds. Again, a hunter and mage would make this fight easier.

We haven't been to throne but I hear that fight is on par with ODS, takes more coordination than gear.

Basically any of the above bosses are worth going to see depending on what type of raid comp you have.

Good luck.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf