Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry I just wanted to vent about the state of Cataclysm

Cataclysm in general is a mess of horribly rushed design that pseudo elitists attempt to classify as genuine difficulty.*Vanilla WoW endgame was difficult, BC endgame was difficult, WotLK hard modes (excluding heroics obviously) were difficult, this is just an exercise in frustration and tedium at the pug level.

Don't attempt to justify the terrible design by saying "join a guild" because if everyone did that the outcome would be the same.
    A lot of the heroics are just overly long. They're not hard, you just have 18 "CC This guy, CC that guy, DPS this guy first, interrupt this guy when you DPS him down" pulls instead of 8. If you lapse in concentration for a second, you'll die instantly to a lot of gimmicks.

But again, shit's not hard, just long. What makes it awful is that if you're not in hard with a group of close friends/guildies that are smart, you're subject to LFD. And if you're DPS? 40 minute queues. Imagine waiting 40 minutes to wipe seven times in a dungeon that is an hour long if run AT THE ABSOLUTE BEST.
    It's essentially a giant gear check. Do you have good gear? Do you have even basic competency in the class you have (hopefully) been playing for the last 85 levels? Congratulations, you can enjoy your 2 hour long heroics for marginally better gear than what you have now.

And raiding? Sheesh. They vastly overreacted to Wrath bitching and did a full 180. Literally no breathing room for a single mistake in a 10+ minute fight. A lot of good fights, sure, but *it's back to the Vanilla/BC mind-set that only hardcore poop-sockers deserve to raid or something. We don't need Naxx level easy, but they probably should've started us as Karazhan, MC or toned-down Ulduar levels.*

Oh yeah, the new Wintergrasp, Tol Barad? Comically broken. The defenders will win 99% of the time and you basically hope for a full raid premade to go in and take it that 1% of the time, or for them to be asleep at 3 AM(good luck with the 1:1 system) or something.

They did a good job allowing people to have larger health pools in pvp, and that's the only improvement. There are blatantly broken classes running rampant in pvp right now, and the devs have their heads so far up their asses that they fail to see the real problems. They nerf feral bleeds by 10% but buff their strikes by a bigger amount?! Great. Now I'll be hit by 7k bleeds instead of 8k, while mangle hits me so hard I disconnect. Warriors are still stomping people into dust with their overpowering damage and mobility. They are everything that's good about rogues but have none of the weaknesses.
    Frost mages can literally kite almost every class for 30 minutes or more and Demo locks can stunlock you aswell with their own personnal pocket warrior. Hunters, rogues, priests, and ret are all extremely underwhelming in pvp and Blizz ignores the major problems in pvp. This is ridiculous.*

Queue the Blizzard nuthuggers

Warriors are still stomping people into dust with their overpowering damage and mobility. They are everything that's good about rogues but have none of the weaknesses.
    Rogues almost have zero mobility when we face a class with constant snares/slows. One big advantage rogues have over warriors is stealth.

Takes about 30 minutes to do a heroic with a good group, aka a guild group. I see no problem with that length of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endgame? Only been out one month

Plenty more content to come.

I basically agree with everything the OP says.

I'm also hating the fact that my friends and I are already in the situation where we're only playing here and there and on raid nights. There just wasn't enough content to keep us interested as PvE'rs. I know this falls under OUR game mind set, but still.

Another thing I like to add is the BEST part of cataclysm, the 1-60 revamp, was released way too early. On top of that, it's so short that the only way to truly enjoy all the zones is to go back at max level and do them or to do them on newer characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Rogues almost have zero mobility when we face a class with constant snares/slows. One big advantage rogues have over warriors is stealth.
    Pretty cool huh, but rogues get knocked out of stealth all the time

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These heroics don't take that long. And sorry, but dps don't get to complain about queue times. You are part of the problem. Go tank or heals. Don't cry. If you aren't willing to step in and help out, you aren't worth a second's consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall I agree that there's some good and interesting mechanics, but they're overwhelmed by an incredible amount of poor design.

The World's Longest Dungeon of Origination is practically farmable while more interesting dungeons(lore-wise) like the Stonecore are impossible tombs of horror.

I think I heard "Break against my body!" last night in my sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    They're not hard... If you lapse in concentration for a second, you'll die instantly...
    But again, shit's not hard... Literally no breathing room for a single mistake in a 10+ minute fight.
    Cataclysm in general is a mess of horribly rushed design that pseudo elitists attempt to classify as genuine difficulty... but *it's back to the Vanilla/BC mind-set that only hardcore poop-sockers deserve to raid or something.
    Nothing to see here, folks, just more confused playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instances in Cata aren't long. WotlK instances were short. I could spend hours in Hellfire Citadel, Black Rock Depth or UBRS and not get a single peice of loot. Now at least i am always sure to get points. If you aren't happy that WoW is becoming a MMO again then go play something else.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

15+ Year Old Account
    Tank and heals have faster ques because we do what few players like to do the only way to change that is to go with a tank or healer friend or roll one yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    These heroics don't take that long. And sorry, but dps don't get to complain about queue times. You are part of the problem. Go tank or heals. Don't cry. If you aren't willing to step in and help out, you aren't worth a second's consideration.
    I never said I was a dps. I'm a healer actually. There will always be long queue teams for dps because the systems broken. I love people who talk down to others playing wow, because bragging about being good at the most casual mmo is like bragging about winning the gold at the special olympics.

The instances could stand to be a bit shorter, I agree, but you do not have a point with LFD queues. If you don't like queues, you can easily form a group with players from your server. I see groups forming in trade chat all the time. Generally speaking, the quality of these groups is controlled by the people creating them.

If you don't like waiting in queue and you don't have a guild, make your own group. It's really not that hard and you're not going to find an argument against me on this :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Bitch bitch moan moan, it's obvious to me that your bad and raging hard that you can't faceroll content anymore. Man up pussy.

User was infracted for this post. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-08 at 06:34 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said I was a dps. I'm a healer actually. There will always be long queue teams for dps because the systems broken. I love people who talk down to others playing wow, because bragging about being good at the most casual mmo is like bragging about winning the gold at the special olympics.
    Do you realize the irony of calling WoW the most casual mmo, as if that's a BAD thing, in a thread you made complaining about how the game isn't that casual anymore? Seriously man. Your problem isn't Cataclysm.

And I didn't brag about anything. Why are you just rambling?

I agree with most, but I'm looking at the bright side of the thing. WoW's a game, I'm paying to play it, why the hell should I be paying for something that makes me unhappy/mad?

So I forget about all that and just enjoy because I have nothing better to do to "waste" time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Endgame? Only been out one month
    Forsooth, egads, and all that. This Doktor speaks the truth!

I don't agree with anything you've (the OP) said. Heroics are definitely long and painful in a group that doesn't know the fights and doesn't cc. In a group that does, you're fine. I completed H Stonecore a few nights ago in a pug group in about 30 minutes.

Call me a blizzard nuthugger if you want to, but I think you might be the reason your groups take forever.

I bet he couldn't win a gold at the Special Olympics anyway those, people work hard.

And raiding? Sheesh. They vastly overreacted to Wrath bitching and did a full 180.
    180 is actually half of a whole...if you know what I'm talking about