Exclamation DK's selfhealing and opness

I'm posting this topic because of blizzards recent post that self healing of certain classes is gonna be nerfed but it seems it didnt refer to a DK ofc, whenever i find myself fighting an unholy dk in duels or 2s because im playing lock/mage comp we have an issue of dk regenerating his HP via lichborn+deathcoil from 5% to 100% and not to mention his death pact or death strike, not to mention their defensive capabilities in every possible way (they can get out from every possible cc). Its a little too much for 1 class dont you thing? And lichborn+death coil healing is very lol to me, thumbs up if you agree. Let me know your opinions on this one, tnx

Preeeeetty sure the patch notes thus far aren't comprehensive/finished.

Also, lol, "opness."

First of all lichborn/deathcoil is being nerfed, not massive but glyph wont refund RP anymore if used to heal urself, second death strike is a costy low hitting strike that only heals for 7% max health unless u have taken 100k dmg the last 5 sec which it heals a little more (nerfed in next patch). Death pact is also a one use only

Death Knights. Dont. Need. To. Be. Nerfed. Ever. Again. Ever.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

YEAH!
    My 8K Death Strike is OP.

And they already changed the DC Glyph with the RP gain on healing. So, stop crying.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kil Jaeden the Deceiver View Post
    First of all lichborn/deathcoil is being nerfed, not massive but glyph wont refund RP anymore if used to heal urself, second death strike is a costy low hitting strike that only heals for 7% max health unless u have taken 100k dmg the last 5 sec which it heals a little more (nerfed in next patch). Death pact is also a one use only

This, also when posting stuff like this it would be useful if you provided some more info like which class are you playing etc. Perhaps structure it a little better so that it doesn't seem like a random rant/troll

I'm playing a DK (UH tho and I don't pvp much) but if there's one thing I can tell you for sure it's that Death Knights are not nearly as good as they were in WotLK, not by a long shot . In fact as of now we are one of the most kiteable classes out there.

I have no idea what lvl of pvp you are high/low ranking, but chances are the DK's you're facing against are either really good at what they do, or you simply need to learn how to counter them properly And I'm not saying this to offend you, it's just a fact I learned over time in wow - if you can't handle some class/boss you just need to see what can you do to improve on it!

A great way of going about this is talking to some of those DK's and asking them or your friend DK's on the playstyle and how they pvp - perhaps try rolling a death knight yourself? So that you see exactly where their strengths and weaknesses lie .

Actually it means you are not playing well
    Blizz stated that they didnt like that death strike was only good for blood and they will buff it or change its mechanics to help for unholy and frost dks
    I play as an unholy dk and i really doesnt make a difference i get kited around way to much so u were completely wrong about mobility gains. I admit i'm not the best at pvp but i have a nice amount of resil around 3k last i checked and know what i should be doing. I see no reason to nerf and a buff would be appreciated but i dont see anything that neccasary

Quote Originally Posted by unholyskipper View Post
    Actually it means you are not playing well
    Blizz stated that they didnt like that death strike was only good for blood and they will buff it or change its mechanics to help for unholy and frost dks
    Thats what I dont get... Why are they nerfing it AGAIN? It has to be like the 10th time they edit/change/nerf/buff that god dam spell. Can't they just make up their minds already. Honestly make it heal for a decent % hp, do considerable damage for non bloods cost 1 rune and have CD or w/e
    Last edited by Kil Jaeden the Deceiver; 2011-01-07 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    LOL LOCK/MAGE combo in 2's HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH why are you even complaining about DKs. Nice attempt at trolling by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    This, also when posting stuff like this it would be useful if you provided some more info like which class are you playing etc. Perhaps structure it a little better so that it doesn't seem like a random rant/troll

I'm playing a DK (UH tho and I don't pvp much) but if there's one thing I can tell you for sure it's that Death Knights are not nearly as good as they were in WotLK, not by a long shot . In fact as of now we are one of the most kiteable classes out there.

I have no idea what lvl of pvp you are high/low ranking, but chances are the DK's you're facing against are either really good at what they do, or you simply need to learn how to counter them properly And I'm not saying this to offend you, it's just a fact I learned over time in wow - if you can't handle some class/boss you just need to see what can you do to improve on it!

A great way of going about this is talking to some of those DK's and asking them or your friend DK's on the playstyle and how they pvp - perhaps try rolling a death knight yourself? So that you see exactly where their strengths and weaknesses lie .
    Why are you quoting him? Your post makes no sense..

On the topic, Lichborne is a bit overpowered atm, however it is the only DK healing spell that is actually worth using, but you sacrifice a fear breaker that could be used offensively, and it is still getting nerfed quite a lot. Death pact is nice, but 25 % is very little amount of HP, and you sacrifice a lot of damage if you use it as unholy. Compare it to bubble, only used when you really have to, but the spell is just much, much worse. Death Strike should hardly ever be used unless blood, but Blizzard said that they would buff it for frost and unholy.

Passive selfhealing from Warlocks, Warriors and Rogues, isn't noticeable at first sight, but when you look at the meter later on, you will notice how much it actually is, and it will far outweigth Lichborne. However none of the healing done by said classes except for DK's healing is burst healing, which makes people like you complain about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Why are you quoting him? Your post makes no sense..

On the topic, Lichborne is a bit overpowered atm, however it is the only DK healing spell that is actually worth using, but you sacrifice a fear breaker that could be used offensively, and it is still getting nerfed quite a lot. Death pact is nice, but 25 % is very little amount of HP, and you sacrifice a lot of damage if you use it as unholy. Compare it to bubble, only used when you really have to, but the spell is just much, much worse. Death Strike should hardly ever be used unless blood, but Blizzard said that they would buff it for frost and unholy.

Passive selfhealing from Warlocks, Warriors and Rogues, isn't noticeable at first sight, but when you look at the meter later on, you will notice how much it actually is, and it will far outweigth Lichborne. However none of the healing done by said classes except for DK's healing is burst healing, which makes people like you complain about it on the forums.

Along with defensive capabilities dks have, burst healing is too much for someone who is supposed to dps anyway, and burst healing is much more useful and decides the outcome of battle in 95% arena games.

T

Maybe for the first time in my life,I agree with smbds whining.It's now impossible to beat dk.If we think a little bit we can find an answer on question why :
    DK is OP class beacuse :
    -all kinds of magics that exists in this game(all kind of shields,silences,reducing stun,pulling etc etc)
    -all kinds of strikes (starting from slowing to healing)
    -it's HERO CLASS,why should everybody lvl from lvl 1 but not dk !?!?
    So conclusion : I agree with Stefan,Blizz should really consider to change this.

Deleted
    DC/LB burst heal is powerful and is getting a nerf through a glyph change. That said, it can be countered by lots of things. Silence, stun, horror, shackle, turn undead, freeze, tranq, blind, scatter and cyclone, probably one or two others that have slipped my mind. It's the only heal worth a damn that DKs have and it is counterable because it's active.

As for Death Pact, that's an alright heal but costs UH DKs serious damage. Not so bad for frost, just costs an extra GCD. As for Death Strike, please leave. Death Strike heals for 8k and costs two runes, and doesn't even have the decency to convert them into Death runes either. Massive damage loss for a bleed tick of healing. The ability is so laughably shite it doesn't have a keybind, it lives in my spell book.

Warriors and rogues, as well as afflocks, have entirely passive self healing that do way more healing than DKs have access to. Like a previous poster said, it's because it is burst healing that forum dwellers notice DKs heals. If you plan around it happening you can stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kurupt View Post
    Warriors and rogues, as well as afflocks, have entirely passive self healing that do way more healing than DKs have access to. Like a previous poster said, it's because it is burst healing that forum dwellers notice DKs heals. If you plan around it happening you can stop it.
    Lol at you thinking Recuperate does more healing than a dk. And if you are thinking sub, who plays sub with the shit damage it does atm? You sir, are wrong.

2-Handed Frost's burst needs to be toned down a bit, but other than that their self heals are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    not to mention their defensive capabilities in every possible way (they can get out from every possible cc).
    I lol'd hard.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't start making complaints about things that aren't in incomplete patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE