Frost Mage + Shadow Priest Comp Help

Hey

I already got a half thread on this and i got some awsome feedback from: "iWolfBanei"

But i would like to hear from you other PvP'ers. Me and my mage friend would like have some advice on this comp. Speccs, glyphs, tactics, advice, EVERYTHING!

Thank you,
    Jakob

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by jakobboegsted View Post
    Hey

I already got a half thread on this and i got some awsome feedback from: "iWolfBanei"

But i would like to hear from you other PvP'ers. Me and my mage friend would like have some advice on this comp. Speccs, glyphs, tactics, advice, EVERYTHING!

Thank you,
    Jakob
    That's what I play and the only thing that really gives us a lot of problems is dk/healer, (dk/anything really), and the occasional holy priest/mage. It's a very strong comp due to double offensive dispels along with a defensive dispel. They are removing lust but it appears as though spriests are going to be getting very nice buffs (huge shield buff, it also seems as though it's going to give u a 4 second freedom). It would help if you pointed out what comps are giving you problems. For the most part, we train the healer in twos. Pally healers are the easiest but my spriest is pro with mass dispel. Usually we start with me invis, ele freeze them behind their pillar, ring of frost on the other side so they can't run away when I pop out. Then I ice lance to clear one fof proc, spriest puts them into a psychic horror, followed by a deep freeze, followed by a blanket silence from the spriest. That of course is the strategy where nothing went wrong, and the other player is in a sheep during that time period. Most of the time that opener will result in the dps frozen by rof, which they trinket when their healer starts getting crapped on, then they get placed back into a poly or fear depending on position. Around 30% of the time we get the kill with this opener.

Mages job outside of dps is to keep one controlled, all major buffs off (heroism, hand of freedom, etc), and pressure on the kill target.
    Spriest is on mass dispel duty, pressure, and cc depending on position, but most of his cc is used on the kill target. For example, fearing into ring of frost for an extra shatter. Also, it's very important that he keeps the mage dispelled from cc.

Obviously that's very basic and doesn't take into account things like a warrior bladstorming on your head during the burst phase on his healer or double dps comps. We usually kill the class that both of us would least like to get left with. (dks, aff locks, ferals) Another thing we do is once the first target is down we always do a reset to let the priest heal himself up etc. If we que into the same team three of four times and it happens to be a hard counter team, we quit for the night. When we first started the comp (we tried double mage first and got that to 2150 but with dr on all cc became impossible to win vs good dispellers) we went 20-4. The next night we got two different dk/shammy teams where we went 3-12 against so it kind of crapped on our w/l but we were determined to figure out a strat for it. Don't do this. There are some comps that you aren't going to do well against and it's not worth the frustration.

Deleted
    As long as you setup CC and your mage knows how to peel ur fine

Deleted
    Hey I play this comp, the only problem we really have would be - DK healer / rogue Rshaman. A big problem aswell would be feral, but with the nerfs you should be able to avoid them constantly facerolling you

vs Warrior / healer nuke the warrior but make a switch when the healer comes out of hiding, be ready to mass dispell if paladin.
    You'll struggle on warlock / healer. You can beat it however warlock is able to tank pretty well. I find its mainly about getting a really good switch on the healer or dps if they popped their defensive CDs. If you're playing the mage, your main job will to be peeling your priest, until patch comes people will just train him/her.