Deleted

Pyroblast and Pyroblast! on Raider's training dummy

Hi, i had some free time so went to SW dummies to spam a bit pyroblast.

EDIT:
    i will update the results as often as i can since i dont reset data atm

durning the casting:
    2 pieces of t11 equiped (+5% crit pyro)
    glyph of pyroblast (5% crit)
    molten armor glyphed was up (5% crit)
    critical mass ws up (5% crit), if debuff faded out i used scorch to apply it
    no flasks/food or w.e
    Power torrent enchant
    27.74% crit chance with molten armor up.

spamed pyroblast for about 2 hours with little breaks and here is what my recount says:

Critcake's Hostile Attacks:
    Pyroblast:
    Hit 332 (57.5%) Crit 247 (42.5%), total casts 579
    Pyroblast!:
    Hit 177 (59.6%) Crit 108 (36.4%), total casts 297

i know it isnt much and may not be reliable but still...

Pyroblast: 27.74% base crit + 5% crit from t11 + 5% crit fro critical mass + 5% crit from Glyph = 42.74% crit chance for Pyroblast - recount gave me 42.5 - prty close hm?

Pyroblast!: 27.74% base crit + 5% crit from t11 + 5% crit fro critical mass + 5% crit from Glyph = 42.74% crit chance for Pyroblast! IF glyph of pyroblast and 2 items set bonus gives crit chance to Pyroblast! too - but what? recount says ~36.4% which is closer to base 27.74% + 5% critical mass = 32.74%

i know those number may be way to low to be 100% sure, i know how RNG works and so on.

EDIT: i will not update DOT ticks data
    BUT:

Recount also says:

Pyroblast (DOT): Tick 500 (60.0%) Crit 333 (40%), total ticks 833
    Pyroblast! (DOT): Tick 88 (57.5%) Crit 65 (42.5%), total ticks 153

hmmm... seems like t11 + glyph gives 10% crit to the Pyroblast! DOT but not to the spell...

I wont post screen shots, can do IF u ask.
    My armory armory

Whats interesting ive noticed, Power torrent proc rises ur mana pool but doesnt give u a bonus mana

Discuss pls
    Last edited by mmoca530bfaea0; 2011-01-08 at 01:08 PM.

1. The margin of error for 119 casts is huge. If you want meaningful numbers, set up a bot to do about 10,000 casts (ignoring scorch obviously), then make the combat log publicly available.
    2. Level 88 mobs have 1.8% crit suppression, it seems. You'd want to do the test on a level 85 dummy.
    3. Here's the relevant data on EJ, which tentatively suggests the glyph is working properly: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...6/#post1830759
    4. Ideally you'd test the glyph and t11 independently.
    Last edited by Tirsten; 2011-01-08 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    still im not convinced i 100%
    why?

both talent, critical mass and hot streak DOES NOT include Pyroblast! in the spell description but
    critical mass can be applied by pyroblast! and hot streak cant be proced from pyroblast!

and the EJ test include <240 pyroblasts!

SO if it is possible can some1 set bot to spam scorch and use every hot streak proc? it can work veeeery long time since both spells cost no mana
    that MIGHT solve my and many others problem.
    Last edited by mmoca530bfaea0; 2011-01-08 at 10:11 AM.

Did my own tests in the other thread and got the same results as you, but as others have said, there are big margins of error. I would love to see if someone can set their bot to do the spam for a few thousand pyros to settle this...

Whats the difference between pyroblast and pyroblast!?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgatt View Post
    Whats the difference between pyroblast and pyroblast!?
    Pyroblast! is the version of Pyroblast that you fire when you get a Hot Streak proc.
    Pyroblast is the regular version of, well Pyroblast.