Thread: 1v1 Balance

10+ Year Old Account

1v1 Balance

Do you ever wish the game were balanced with 1v1 in mind?

Most of the time, when someone QQs about their class being broken in PVP, it seems that they're complaining after experienced something in a 1v1 setting. People duel, lose, then come and complain that "I cant do NE thing agnst warlocks". Or, perhaps, they went off on their own in a BG and found that--much to their immense surprise--they couldn't take that Warrior head-on without getting roflstomped.

If the game were balanced with 1v1 in mind, would it herald the end of much of the PVP class balance QQ we experience daily, or would it finally break everything PVP-related entirely beyond repair? I've often wondered this myself. In my mind, it wouldn't be a situation where everybody gets every ability that every other class has, but rather one in which every class has a counter for the majority of abilities. Given Blizzard's stance up until this point on the matter, it's not something that has even a remote possibility of happening but it is an interesting situation to imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance around 1v1 would be cool but WoW wasn't originally planned on being a PvP focused game and because of the way things started and the changes since it would be almost impossible to create class balance revolving around 1v1 PvP.