Patience is no longer a virtue?

I've played a shaman as my first character to 85. I always played him as Resto in LK but now that I've tried healing a few dungeons in Cata I'm starting to rethink my choice.

I wasn't able to play alot this last month due to some things that came up. So I get to 85 and queue for some dungeons to start acquiring some gear to begin progressing. I queue as resto and was surprised to find that I got an insta queue. I get in to a Lost City group. Luckily I had watched part of a video on this dungeon before hand so I know the first couple of bosses anyway. Those 2 go pretty smoothly. I realized quickly that the old LK way of healing was shot so I've realized that keeping everyone topped off is not going to work...but like I said pretty smoothly to begin with.

We get to the last couple of bosses and I ask what the fight mechanics are because I've not done them before...I'm wanting to know if I need to interrupt, as there were only 2 interrupts in this group that I knew of, or any other things I should be aware of. I begin getting harassed by the 2 of the dps and the tank for being a "noob" and not knowing what I'm doing. So I get vote kicked.

Join another group and pretty much the same thing only the tank leaves because I don't know the fights.

People want tanks and healers but if they're unwilling to be a little patient with those of us who are slightly behind then maybe I'll just roll enhance and add to the already long dps queue times. Sorry to vent like this but stuff like this has bothered me to no end since vanilla even.

Deleted
    Nice post, we would have you in our guild in a shot..

The joke's on them, you sound like a fine player and a good healer, just keep with Resto, Enjoy the short queues, And if the kicks come because - Patience is no longer a virtue? - just laugh it off...you will soon know them all off by heart due to you having the Patience they obviously lack..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its just bad luck with groups, just like today I met a guild group with my holy priest and they wanted to go for achives... they were all wrathbabies... after a couple of wipes since the dps took way to much avoidable damage and didnt click lightwell I started to get annoyed and explained how the lightwell works to them. We finaly kill the crocodile boss + the gnome after and the first pull he does even before I have arrived at the scene since I was drinking after the boss fight and he didnt care about CC at all so the ench shaman got owned and ended up with me being vote kicked. Even so, people are getting tired of pugs so they do it the easy way these days, I recommend just watch tankspot guides or youtube videos, since learning something from pugs is harder then C++.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally always take the time to teach new players the mechanics of the fights. Sure we might wipe because they mess up (or if the content is new to me I might mess up too), but I'd rather take the time to teach these people that I will never see again and feel good about what I've done to make the community as a whole better instead of being an elitist douchebag like some of these people have been.

I personally have never been kicked except once when I tried to vote kick a dps who kept breaking cc and pulling aggro off the tank even after I asked him not to. So yeah, keep healing and keep on trucking my fellow shaman. We love you. <3

If you que for a heroic and don't know all the fights...then you need to watch them or go back to normal