Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

very cool. science ftw ^ ^

Deleted
    Why is it that Simcraft gives different numbers each time i simulate? I Simulated my own armory, without changing anything 3 times, and Simcraft gave me 3 times different numbers. ( Max DPS )

Quote Originally Posted by Zergegh View Post
    Why is it that Simcraft gives different numbers each time i simulate? I Simulated my own armory, without changing anything 3 times, and Simcraft gave me 3 times different numbers. ( Max DPS )
    Because it's reporting you an average of the dps that it did over how many iterations you ran it. If you pulled the same boss 50,000 times you don't think your numbers would be a bit off each time?

I'm having trouble getting simcraft to import my character correctly. I logged out in my main spec, and It show's me as my main spec on the armory. However, when I import my armory it loads it up in my secondary spec every time. I thought maybe it was just the armory lagging, so I didn't try importing it for a day and now it still loads up the wrong spec. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by kryptakronik View Post
    I'm having trouble getting simcraft to import my character correctly. I logged out in my main spec, and It show's me as my main spec on the armory. However, when I import my armory it loads it up in my secondary spec every time. I thought maybe it was just the armory lagging, so I didn't try importing it for a day and now it still loads up the wrong spec. WTF
    Make sure the right spec is selected in the globals tab. Active is the spec with the green check mark that you logged out in. Inactive is the other. Doesn't matter which order they are in, just matters which one has that green check mark.

Deleted
    This thing just won't even run for me lol.

I guess it's something off with my system. Now I'll never know my potential! D:<

Nice of you to post a guide though, I always appreciate such things even if I don't use them myself so pat on the back for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    This thing just won't even run for me lol.

I guess it's something off with my system. Now I'll never know my potential! D:<

Nice of you to post a guide though, I always appreciate such things even if I don't use them myself so pat on the back for you!
    Yeah, I haven't been able to get it to run for me either. I'm assuming it's because I run 64-bit (Win 7). Are you in the same boat?
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2011-01-10 at 04:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it does't work for you, please feel free to post in the warlock forums and I'll be happy to troubleshoot and (if necessary) get it fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:21 AM ----------

For the record, I've had it work on a Mac OSX .4+, Windows 7 64 bit, Visat 32 and 64 bit, and XP 32 and 64 bit.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    If it does't work for you, please feel free to post in the warlock forums and I'll be happy to troubleshoot and (if necessary) get it fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:21 AM ----------

For the record, I've had it work on a Mac OSX .4+, Windows 7 64 bit, Visat 32 and 64 bit, and XP 32 and 64 bit.
    Thanks! I'm gonna try re-downloading and running one more time, and then I'll make a thread if I'm still having issues.

@OP: Excellent guide. I look forward to being able to use it

Thanks for the post. I've been interested in trying to figure out simulationcraft for a while now but could never quite grasp how to work it. This should certainly help =D

Is it normal to see only a 74% uptime for ISF in Simcraft? (Default priority list) Seems like it should be much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    Is it normal to see only a 74% uptime for ISF in Simcraft? (Default priority list) Seems like it should be much higher.
    Depends on encounter length. Take the % of time you were at bloodlust and knock it off 100.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a reference, 40s bloodlust / 300s fight = 13.3%, so with reaction time the highest uptime you could get would be 85% from SimCraft using default settings.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 11:12 AM ----------

Simcraft now support chardev.org (they're working on the reforging import atm)
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-01-10 at 07:46 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    As a reference, 40s bloodlust / 300s fight = 13.3%, so with reaction time the highest uptime you could get would be 85% from SimCraft using default settings.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 11:12 AM ----------

Simcraft now support chardev.com (they're working on the reforging import atm)
    Ahhh yeah I forgot about bloodlust (I'm having a really special day today...) So I guess that would put it up to 89%. I'm also running on player kill = to "good", not "Elite", so maybe that accounts for the other 10% or so.

Also, I'm assuming you meant chardev.org

you might want to note that simcraft doesn't seem to be able to import stats from a "random enchantment" item from Throne of the Four Winds - stats have to be input manually.

Some guy talking about stuff --removed by gherkin
    I don't see what the dps I do in raid has to do with how to run simulationcraft. I'd rather this thread stay on topic.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-01-11 at 02:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And it will. Cleaning up now.

R.I.P. YARG

Just reminding people this is here. Probably come in useful with the upcoming changes.

I did mention this on EJ, but it annoys me that you can't differentiate between the 6%/10% spell power buffs on the buffs tab. It still has the 'intellect' option, which if you hover over shows Arcane Intellect, so clearly it hasn't been updated. I've tried overriding the buffs using an override option for arcane brilliance but I don't trust the results because I'm not clear what part of the buff it recognises.

Thumbs up

excellent thread, and im in the middle of downlaoding this now. im glad of a post like this as it really helps people out who are unsure about asking about things like this!
    may i ask you to do me

i cant post the actual link as of yet so i will msg them 2 u, feel free to put them on here and criticise brutally, for me its a good thing that only aids in my improvement

also two final questions, does this make recomendations on gearing after running the sim? and lastly where is this elusive "BIS" list and can it be adjusted to cater to gear within your reach?