Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

National Pride Thread

Let's see some colors, MMO-Champ. Toss up your flag and say what makes you proud of your country. Every country has something to be proud of. So fly 'em high and fly 'em proud!

This thread is for what we love about our countries. If you're going to tear down someone's country, you're not welcome here. Every country has beef with someone, it doesn't belong here though.

Also, if you're going to bring in that hipster "why should I be proud which side of an imaginary line I'm born on" horse-hockey, don't bother. This isn't your thread to begin with. Go make a hipster thread about Pabst Blue Ribbon and crappy obscure garage bands and iMacs, Apple, or whatever.

So to begin:

I love Greece because of:
    1. Our long, long history, even in the face of many foreign invasions
    2. Our music
    3. Greek food
    4. Greek girls
    5. All the accomplishments of Greeks through the centuries

I love my country because it's better than every other country in every way.

Sorry, don't see this going well.

I think this thread can live so long as it doesn't get crazy. I'll watch it though. That said:

I'm proud to be from America because we have good guns, germs and steel.

10+ Year Old Account

I love America because we're extremely stubborn and feel the need to be the best at everything.
    Not the best qualities in a person, but it makes for a damn good country.
    Also, our military budget alone is larger than the GDP of most countries, which is pretty amazing.
    Beef, the best meat, is abundant, and everyone is blissfully ignorant about how much life sucks outside of the states.
    Oh, and you can buy a semi-automatic assault rifle at wal-mart!!!!

We're aware, we just could care less.

Also, our military is pretty dreamy. But our politicians? Blegh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

I love America because we're extremely stubborn and feel the need to be the best at everything.
    Not the best qualities in a person, but it makes for a damn good country.
    Also, our military budget alone is larger than the GDP of most countries, which is pretty amazing.
    Beef, the best meat, is abundant, and everyone is blissfully ignorant about how much life sucks outside of the states.
    Oh, and you can buy a semi-automatic assault rifle at wal-mart!!!!
    stereotype gogogo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    stereotype gogogo
    Being American is a stereotype? Or enjoying the way one lives is a stereotype?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love where I live just because I've lived here forever and it feels like a part of me. That being said, I would love to travel and live all over the world, not just in once place. So long as I can always come back home

I hope this thread stays civil and tons of people from other countries post their flags, it's so interesting to see!

S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account

Im from Canada and proud of it Some of the things I love about Canada are:
    Our Health Care - Its free, you can go to any hospital in any provence and they will take care of whatever it is you need, as opposed to only being insured at a specific hospital.
    Our Heritage - Originally, there were the British and French to settle the west, and once that was taken care of, we needed people to live here. So we took (through propoganda and selective immigration) farmers from such places as The Ukraine, Solvakia, Austria, and other countries to make our culture. Therefore, we are a fairly large, multicultural country, and to add, we are bi-lingual.
    Our Military - Yeah, we dont have one. Its poorly funded, and I think we still use canons 0.o. While this fact leaves us poorly protected, it also ensures that we wont recklessly go to war on our own.

I've been to Canada plenty of times, it's a great country. I loved every city I spent time in. I live in the US now after graduating and I do like living here, even if I do miss my own stomping grounds dearly.

And Poland, I do love Poland, they've got an amazing history and it's really been one of the brightest stories of the Warsaw Pact countries, it's economic development is outstripping a lot of bigger economies. Lord knows they could teach Greek politicians a thing or two...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Lets see, I'm American Born, but my I'm dual with Britain specifically Scottish and Jewish....

So from America I'm proud of D&D, from Scotland Kilts, and from my moms family a keen sense of humor about it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    bulsport.bg/images/kartinki/BulgariaFlag.jpg (can't post images yet it says! )
    I love Bulgaria because of:
    1. The beautiful nature throughout the whole country. So many beautiful lakes, mountains, woods.
    2. Our cute buffed boys walking around the beaches of Varna/Burgas
    3. Bulgarian food (Shopska salata, Banitza, Tikvenik!!!)
    4. I'm very proud of our military history and the sole fact that we never lost a single battle flag throughout all of our military campaigns.
    5. All the great, hearty people i meet all the time!

Any many more things that my current sleepy head can't think of! :P

Deleted

Deleted

I Love my country because....

Free health care, it may be a little slow but they won't land you with a bill for tens of thousands of pounds.

Rich history, we owned half the world at some point and founded many of the other countries in this thread.

Traditions, The royal family, parades and some great orchestras.

Such a wide variety of people, the accents can change every few miles. you can usually guess where someone is from just by the way they speak.

10+ Year Old Account

I love my country (New Zealand) because of the scenery, native animals and the cultural side of things. Being ½ Maori is really special to me too. Maori people are very generous, giving and generally kind to be around.

One of the things I like most about my country is the landmarks and land structure, everything is spaced nicely, everything is very clean.. it's very hard to find some of the things you'd find in New Zealand, in other countries.

Whāia te iti kahurangi ..
    Ki te tūohu koe, me he maunga teitei!
    (Pursue excellence – should you stumble, let it be to a lofty mountain.)

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    VIVA AMERICA!

where i can tell my leaders to suck it and not be killed/arrested.
    where i can buy a weapon to protect my family
    where i am not forced to allow military personal into my home with out my permission
    where the enforcement cannot take my property with out reason
    where i dont need to incriminate my self
    where i can have a speedy trial by a jury of my peers
    where i can have a jury in civil cases
    where i do not have to bail exessive bail and forced to experience cruel and unusual punishment
    where my rights cannot be misunderstood
    where my state can make laws that the fed didnt even think of that would be useful

yea i just named the first 10 amendments mofos

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    VIVA AMERICA!

where i can tell my leaders to suck it and not be killed/arrested.
    where i can buy a weapon to protect my family
    where i am not forced to allow military personal into my home with out my permission
    where the enforcement cannot take my property with out reason
    where i dont need to incriminate my self
    where i can have a speedy trial by a jury of my peers
    where i can have a jury in civil cases
    where i do not have to bail exessive bail and forced to experience cruel and unusual punishment
    where my rights cannot be misunderstood
    where my state can make laws that the fed didnt even think of that would be useful

yea i just named the first 10 amendments mofos
    You know, the right to bear arms isnt the second amendment simply for self-protection. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    You know, the right to bear arms isnt the second amendment simply for self-protection. :P
    for a militia i know, but because of supreme court cases and other laws u can own one for protection. i dont hunt so i dont even care for that

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    this, and because i fucking love our bacon, the freedom cus im fuckng born here

i will always, love and hornor Denmark.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland baby! It might pish with rain and have a terrible obesity record in some parts, but the taliban brought religious war to Glasgow Airport a few years ago and what did us Scotsmen do to the burning terrorist, help him? Naw, we punched and kicked a burning man while he lay on the ground screaming, sigh the naivety of Al'Qaida brining a religious war to Glasgow.
    The Vikings described the Scotsman as the most fierce-some, ruthless, brutal and lethal lot of people that they had ever fought, and that's coming from a sect of people who made their names by raping and pillaging their way across Europe.
    Then there's the Romans, they made their way across the world, conquering and civilizing, conquering and civilizing, conquering and civilizing. Then they reached Scotland and built a wall.

Essentially, I love being Scottish for the heritage (Auld Lang Syne :P), for Frankie Boyle, for Limmy and for Scotch :P.

Mon the Scotland!
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.