Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrenius View Post
    I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I'm doing physical DPS as a cat, why on earth do I need spell penetration at all?
    You need spell penetration to do your CCs, mainly Cyclone and Entangled Roots. Both spells are Nature-based, so they can be resisted by most if the opponent(s) have resistances to it (such as Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild). If you're doing pug BGs/world pvp, then around 125 is decent. If you're doing for arena/rated BGs, you might want to at least hit the soft cap of 170 (or hard cap it to 220 depending on the comp, but I don't think it matters to Feral as of now).
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    The guy who wrote the Cat guide (mmo-champion.com/threads/775527-The-Cat-Guide-Cataclysm-Edition) suggests that hit is worthless as you can just reapply your finishing moves and only lose 20% of your energy. Can you explain why you think we should have 5% hit?

The guy who wrote the Cat guide (mmo-champion.com/threads/775527-The-Cat-Guide-Cataclysm-Edition) suggests that hit is worthless as you can just reapply your finishing moves and only lose 20% of your energy. Can you explain why you think we should have 5% hit?
    Because PvP is a lot different than PvE, I'm sure.
    Missing a finisher in PvP could potentially lose the game.

Deleted
    Thanks both

15+ Year Old Account
    Was on a short trip to London the past few days and I was unable to respond. I'm happy other people already did.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I'm doing physical DPS as a cat, why on earth do I need spell penetration at all?
    It's indeed so Cyclones and Roots don't get resisted as Renwin already explained. It also matters for Faerie Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    how good is haste for PVP now after the patch? any ideas
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    I would guess it's still very meh for PvP. It's a bit better now in PvE because you can squeeze in a few more Shreds during a prolonged fight, but in PvP you'll usually find that your "uptime" is nowhere near 100% and just moving around CCing, healing, etc. will let you regen energy fine if you control your usage. I don't think you'd be able to stack enough Haste to, say, Shred one extra time (without pausing) when going for burst.

Base regen is 10e/s, Shred costs 40e. Pretty easy, one Shred every 4s so let's say 15 Shreds in a minute (not account for Rake, Rip, etc. and assuming always able to Shred)

10% Haste (~1.3k rating, that's a lot with current gear) would mean a regen of 11e/s. Over that same minute, it's only 1.5 extra Shred still assuming perfect uptime and disregarding that you want to keep Rake and Rip up. That stat budget is better spent on Crit and Mastery even with the nerf to our bleeds, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua View Post
    Hey guys! im really new to pvp and macros. was wondering if its possible to make a charge--->pounce--->ravage macro?? if so how? al i can find is a charge-ravage macro :z
    (#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)!)
    The macro axxey posted won't work unless you have the normal Ravage somewhere else sitting on an action bar. You won't have to press it, it just needs to be there. No idea why but it's how the game is currently behaving.

Alternatively, you can simply change the spelling in the macro from "Ravage(Cat Form)" to "Ravage!" (without quotes, but with exclamation point) to make it use the Stampede proc.

And if you really want a cast sequence go with something like:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Pounce(Cat Form), Ravage!

Only problem with a macro like that is it won't skip to Ravage if you're out of stealth when you use it, so it'll get stuck on Pounce saying you need stealth until the reset timer kicks in. It's set to 10s cause it's the duration of the Ravage proc but you can change that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Mastery is still your number 1 stat for reforging (Agi is for anything else.) Crit is still a lot better (and came closer to Mastery since 4.0.6 but it's still worse.). Haste is still pretty much worth shit tbh. Selverein explained well about that already (although it applies more to PvE but it's kinda the same for PvP.)

Editing the guide for 4.0.6 asap, but don't have a lot of time lately.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-02-10 at 04:51 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Mastery is still your number 1 stat for reforging (Agi is for anything else.) Crit is still a lot better (and came closer to Mastery since 4.0.6 but it's still worse.). Haste is still pretty much worth shit tbh. Selverein explained well about that already (although it applies more to PvE but it's kinda the same for PvP.)
    The reason haste is worth nothing (in 4.0.6 at least) is because we wont have enough uptime to make use of it. For PvE i don't think haste is that bad, i.e its not worth skipping at all costs.

Also, this spec is amazing for 3's now due to the small window we have to do damage

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfrMs...zMcu:q0Mrsim0c

Survivability wont matter much when you sit in a nova for 10 seconds anyway. Still going to get blown up

Overall, nice guide. Very useful for new kitty PvPers.

I heard the theory that crit would be more valuable because it means you can get combo points faster, and get bleeds up quicker. OTOH, I've always seen mastery as particularly useful because once you get rip up, you're still damaging when CC'd.

If he vanishes, go Bear and try to Demo Roar him out asap. This usually doesn’t work though.
    Skimmed through it, don't know if anyone has mentioned but you can't bring people out of stealth anymore with Demo Roar/Shout.

ye guide needs to be updated, waiting for it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilverform View Post
    ye guide needs to be updated, waiting for it!
    Will fix that as soon as possible as I said, when I got the time for it.

EDIT: Guide should now be fully updated for 4.0.6!
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-02-16 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    Thumbs up if you can design a spec that fits both PVE bear and PVP cat! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Thumbs up if you can design a spec that fits both PVE bear and PVP cat! :P
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfrMcRurzrckMcz might actually do decent in both. All you're lacking for PvP are the Feral Agression and Primal Madness talents, which are nice but not usually gamebreaking. For PVE Bear you're lacking Perseverance but nothing else.

thank you for this guide. Bookmarked it for when my druid reach cataclysm lvl.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfrMcRurzrckMcz might actually do decent in both. All you're lacking for PvP are the Feral Agression and Primal Madness talents, which are nice but not usually gamebreaking. For PVE Bear you're lacking Perseverance but nothing else.
    Hmm not bad, personally I've never liked Nurturing Instincts so there's nothing stopping me from putting those elsewhere like maybe back into Perseverance.

Will be a pain constantly shifting glyphs though! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Hmm not bad, personally I've never liked Nurturing Instincts so there's nothing stopping me from putting those elsewhere like maybe back into Perseverance.

Will be a pain constantly shifting glyphs though! :P
    Well, Nurturing Instincts is one of those absolute must-haves for PvP. For tanking, it's shit... but if you want to do both you'd better take it imo.

Also, for the Glyphs. Just go with Berserk + Mangle + Rip imo. Berserk and Mangle because they're decent for both, and Rip just because it's a must-have for Feral Cats. You'll be lacking some Tanking glyphs but this will do pretty decent.

Lol I love the partial bear pve tank spec and pvp cat spec, you can tank MASSIVE amount of dps when you go bear in bgs :P

As previously mentioned, berserk mangle rip (swap rip for lacerate if you need to min/max bear tanking glyph) and barkskin,feral charge and possibly thorns?
    The third major glyph been a throw up since entangling root glyph is not instant. But if you tank, you might need brez glyph swapping.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Lol I love the partial bear pve tank spec and pvp cat spec, you can tank MASSIVE amount of dps when you go bear in bgs :P

As previously mentioned, berserk mangle rip (swap rip for lacerate if you need to min/max bear tanking glyph) and barkskin,feral charge and possibly thorns?
    I'd say Barkskin, Feral Charge and Maul. Maul glyph is great for tanking and quite handy as well in those situations where you need to deffend and hit the cappers at a flag in AB or BFG, etc.