Deleted

R.I.P summoning stones :(

Is it just me? I really miss summoning stones... ;(
    Nowadays it''s just dungeon que or Warlock TV
    I remember the old days when I was preparing for raiding... All this excitement... IT'S GONE ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    wha.... I still use a raid summoning stone..

10+ Year Old Account
    They look sort of like tombstones...makes the title rather amusing.

But yeah, raid stones should still be in heavy use. Raids won't always have a warlock and the warlock won't always be the first one there. >.>

At least now people have to discover the new instances >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They look sort of like tombstones...makes the title rather amusing.

But yeah, raid stones should still be in heavy use. Raids won't always have a warlock and the warlock won't always be the first one there. >.>
    I usually like to be one of the last ones there, or go from one of the further routes out, just so people can't whine for summons, or complain that they need it because they were too far away. My favorite to use so far has been the Tabard to the Argent Tourny, then zeppelin to Org, portal to TH, and go to Bastion. So far I've managed to get there faster, from further, than 2-3 people in the raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I remember the old days when warlocks had to get to raids first so they could help to summon the other 39 raid members.

Deleted
    What's exciting about a regular summoning stone over a Warlock summoning stone? Also, a great deal of 10-man raids don't have any Warlocks in them, so they're definitely still being used.

Deleted
    youtube . com / watch?v=sJESm-assss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Ah, I remember the old days when warlocks had to get to raids first so they could help to summon the other 39 raid members.
    You and me both. They also (actually, looking at your char list, lets rephrase that, WE also) got first dibs on the onyxia backpack to help with the stupid number of shards we needed to carry (37 to summon, at least 40 for healthstones, plus soulstones plus.... Thank god my guild raided with a higher than normal warlock complement - think if we all had about 8 shards that'd do everything )

Good times tho

10+ Year Old Account
    I use them all the time to summon guildmates to cataclysm instance entrances, because they hadn't discovered it yet, or if I'm on an 80 and want a bunch of 85s to help me out.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry don't miss the running
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Remember when there were no summoning stones? I do.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

I remember when there was no warlock summon/meeting stones/dungeon finder at all

Deleted
    You needed 2 other people (+yourself) to summon people if 'im not wrong. Don't see how you can summon 39 people in a 40 raids, if 3 people is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use summoning stones quite a lot, and I don't know many raiders who proactively make their way to the raid instance EVERY raid night, hah.

While I agree that they need to be used more, I certainly don't think they're 'not used', there's just alternative ways to get to the instance nowadays, more specifically heroics/dungeons, not so much raids.

Deleted
    I still use them for when I'm doing old raids with guildies, but that's just how it goes. First you always needed a warlock and now they've become almost obsolete with the LFG.

Deleted
    Yeap, first you needed a warlock then came the ST and now we have the DF. Sad story but this is how it works :S